PDA

View Full Version : Could use some reviews

tke488
09-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Hi all, I just rebuilt our companies website and I am a new webmaster. I spent a lot of time on it and have been having a little trouble getting solid reviews from friends and family. If anyone could give it a quick look over and tell me if it looks professional I'd really appreciate it. Thx -

Mike Carnahan
www.carnahanlandscaping.com

brian'slawncare
09-19-2012, 03:17 PM
looks good!

one question though- Are all those pictures of your work? or stuff on google? If it is your's Id hire you in an instant! those look great!

tke488
09-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Wow I really appreciate that! The pics are either all mine or from prev employees. Several of them we taken right with my iPhone!

dpld
09-19-2012, 05:01 PM
i think it looks marvelous and it is a job well done :)

Hedgemaster
09-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Looks good.

I worked as a graphic designer in a prior life. I designed ads for print advertising, so I don't have much experience with web design and when I tried doing my own website, my eyes started to bleed.

Your website isn't anything that "wows" me from a design standpoint, but it IS clean, and easy to find what your are looking for. The videos are a great way to show off and overall, I would be impressed if I were local and looking for someone to do work on my home.

wat5150
09-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Looks sharp. Nice site. Great looking work in those pics.

Grass Doctor
09-19-2012, 07:19 PM
nice site i like the creative part of your landscapes and 3d designs very nice.

tke488
09-20-2012, 12:03 AM
I really appreciate you all taking the time to give it a look. It was my 1st try at a website and I was just hoping to make it competitive with my competition or better. Thx again!

Steve
09-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Mike,

I think the site looks good. The first thing I look for is to see if you have your service areas in your title. The only suggestion I would have for that is to maybe add lawn service in the title too?

You must have been doing some homework on seo so good for you!

tke488
09-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks Steve! We are kinda maxed out on service right now. We have as much as we can handle. Really trying to push the landscape aspect of the bizz. Ive definetly been researching seo strategies and have been moving up in rankings since we launched the site about 3 months ago. Thanks again for the feedback :)

Steve
09-25-2012, 02:33 AM
Mike,

For the newer lawn care business owners out there trying to improve their seo, do you have any suggestions on what they should do?

tke488
09-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Mike,

For the newer lawn care business owners out there trying to improve their seo, do you have any suggestions on what they should do?

Well, the biggest thing is get a good domain name. It can be your business name also. Put the name of the target city in your domain name. Works great in smaller markets. All search engines recognize the domain name as king in SEO. If you specialize in lawn care, then always have lawn care in your domain.
Then build a website. You can buy one on godaddy.com or justhost.com for cheap and build it yourself. It may not be great at first, but over time as you edit it it will shape up.
The yellow pages dominated the service indusrty before the internet came along. Thats why there were names like AAAAA Lawn care, so they could be first under lawn care. Now Google is king and you must get to the top of the first page to be an authority in your market
Thats just to start, there are a ton of strategies to get there, but this is a solid start.
Mike Carnahan

mark123
09-25-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure if it's my end or not but the page takes a really long time to load. About 45 seconds on the home page. Needs some optimization, especially on the images.

Here is some info on image optimization: http://imaginekitty.com/30/ow-my-bandwidth-is-clogged/

tke488
09-26-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm not sure if it's my end or not but the page takes a really long time to load. About 45 seconds on the home page. Needs some optimization, especially on the images.

Here is some info on image optimization: http://imaginekitty.com/30/ow-my-bandwidth-is-clogged/

Ill check that out. I know that was an issue for some peeps.

Mike Carnahan

Von Bobbeh
09-28-2012, 04:43 PM
the 3D design idea is pretty damn nifty! it is a hassle? slower or faster than blueprints? what program may I ask?

Edit: I'd put the before and after video first because IMHO that's what people want to see the most. also you can add copywrite free music to video VIA youtube. you don't even have to re-upload it :)

tke488
10-03-2012, 01:56 PM
the 3D design idea is pretty damn nifty! it is a hassle? slower or faster than blueprints? what program may I ask?

Edit: I'd put the before and after video first because IMHO that's what people want to see the most. also you can add copywrite free music to video VIA youtube. you don't even have to re-upload it :)

We use Vizterra to do the 3D design. Its $100 a month to use. We only use it for big projects and its a bit slower, but the results are amazing. Esp compared to a competitors bid.
Ive been looking all over for music. Where can I get copywright free tunes???

Steve
10-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Ive been looking all over for music. Where can I get copywright free tunes???

There are a bunch of sites out there that either sell them or you can download them. Have you done a search for this on google?

tke488
10-05-2012, 01:58 PM
There are a bunch of sites out there that either sell them or you can download them. Have you done a search for this on google?

I went back and looked at youtube and they actually allow you to take music right there from them. Thousands of songs to choose from and you just click on it and it synchs for you. Easy and awesome!

lawnsape
10-05-2012, 05:45 PM
I thought the site was very clean. Nice layout

tke488
10-08-2012, 11:09 AM
I thought the site was very clean. Nice layout

Awesome! Thank you!