PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

tke488
09-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi, my name is Mike Carnahan. I just recently wne tback to work at the family landscaping company. I came across this site while looking for new ideas for our company. Looks like there is a lot of useful info on here. Looking forward to meeting some new peeps and learning some new ideas! :)

Steve
09-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi Mike,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things would you like to do with the family company?

tke488
09-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Right now Im just concentrating on giving them a strong online presence. Im almost there and would like to refocus on getting into the commercial side. We have done a few com jobs over the years, but generally dont bid on them. Besides that I am kinda pushing we start a pool company as well. Thats the only thing we dont do ourselves in a yard, and I think were missing out on some cash!
Mike Carnahan

Steve
09-25-2012, 03:38 AM
What's your view on why there hasn't been that much focus on commercial work up to this point?

tke488
09-26-2012, 12:07 PM
What's your view on why there hasn't been that much focus on commercial work up to this point?

Thats easy, competition. We are not on very many bid list because they seemed to always go with the best price over best product. The only commercial we've really done is when they come to us. And we have done several in that regard over the years.

Mike Carnahan

Steve
09-27-2012, 11:18 AM
That is fascinating as a strategy because it seems every start up lawn care company seems to be hell bent on getting commercial customers as soon as possible. Knowing this though, it should make them reconsider that plan.

tke488
09-28-2012, 04:39 PM
That is fascinating as a strategy because it seems every start up lawn care company seems to be hell bent on getting commercial customers as soon as possible. Knowing this though, it should make them reconsider that plan.

Well see. As of yesterday I am the new Commercial Maintenance Manager. So looks like Ill be jumping into this area head first in the near future.

Steve
10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
This sounds like a very exciting time for you! Best of luck with building up your commercial business side! I can't wait to hear how it all goes.