PDA

View Full Version : Is this to harsh in your opinion?

nitalouise
09-16-2012, 05:47 PM
This is what I've drafted to be on the service agreement that goes along with the bid price, Do you think it's a bit to harsh?

 Bi-Weekly- Please note: If you want a bi-weekly basic package (see above) you will be charge 1/2 times the weekly estimate rate in addition to the weekly rate, Example: If your initial estimate was 30.00 weekly, Bi- weekly service appointment will be charged 45.00. Bi-weekly will only be considered at the weekly rate during drought conditions. This causes scheduling issues and is hard on our equipment to mow overgrown grass on a constant basis. Please call the office with any questions or concerns.

Also, would you give this the service agreement to them when you give them the bid price?

I didn't put anything in it about 1 full year service, should I?

Do you have them sign the service agreement?

mike affordable
09-16-2012, 06:05 PM
I like that get right to the point on that subject! sounds good to me.

Rdelahunr
09-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Bi-Weekly- Please note: If you want a bi-weekly basic package (see above) you will be charge 1/2 times the weekly estimate rate in addition to the weekly rate, Example: If your initial estimate was 30.00 weekly, Bi- weekly service appointment will be charged 45.00.

I think it would be easier to say that there is a 50% surcharge for biweekly cuts due to scheduling difficulty and increased mower wear.

nitalouise
09-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Bi-Weekly- Please note: If you want a bi-weekly basic package (see above) you will be charge 1/2 times the weekly estimate rate in addition to the weekly rate, Example: If your initial estimate was 30.00 weekly, Bi- weekly service appointment will be charged 45.00.

I think it would be easier to say that there is a 50% surcharge for biweekly cuts due to scheduling difficulty and increased mower wear.

Yes I agree, Less words and still straight to the point. Thanks

shadrach
09-16-2012, 09:25 PM
" Bid price is for weekly service. Weekly service includes ....
Other options may be available,"

I don't think I would put the part for the bi-weekly option in a bid - I would rather have weekly clients & do not want to give that as an option up front.
Lead people in the direction you want them to go. I think the explanation for bi-weekly charges "on paper" is a bad idea on a bid.

Steve
09-17-2012, 10:42 AM
I think your sales presentation is where you should guide the customer to your ideal goal. The contract should be used to restate what you both agree on so there are no disagreements.

If at the time of the sales presentation, the customer is looking to push more towards a bi-weekly service, you can point out to them that the price would be 50% higher than a single cut due to the following reasons. That should help make the case for weekly service.

What do you feel would be the benefits of putting that in the service agreement? Also how do you give your customer the price quote? Do you give it to them in person or mail it later?

nitalouise
09-17-2012, 12:22 PM
I think your sales presentation is where you should guide the customer to your ideal goal. The contract should be used to restate what you both agree on so there are no disagreements.

If at the time of the sales presentation, the customer is looking to push more towards a bi-weekly service, you can point out to them that the price would be 50% higher than a single cut due to the following reasons. That should help make the case for weekly service.

What do you feel would be the benefits of putting that in the service agreement? Also how do you give your customer the price quote? Do you give it to them in person or mail it later?

Hi Steve, Still working on all of the above, The service agreement I am using has a check off list for all services wanted along with options list of how often they want the services, such as; weekly, per-pay ect. I have listed the Bi-weekly with a disclaimer that states the 50% increase, dont you think it would be best if they knew up front what they are dealing with?

Also we quote the job when we see it at the initial appointment if there are no add-ons involved then we promise a price with a 24 hour period. And it will be give to them in person.

Steve
09-18-2012, 11:20 AM
I have listed the Bi-weekly with a disclaimer that states the 50% increase, dont you think it would be best if they knew up front what they are dealing with?
I think if you are going to have some kind of service agreement form with services listed and check boxes, just keep it simple. Don't add all these other things like how the price will be affected by the frequency of service. It's not going to benefit you being on that form.

When you are in person and you are talking with a potential customer and they tell you they are leaning more towards bi-weekly service, that is when you can counter and suggest weekly service for all the reasons you can come up with including the price difference. Make the sale in person and then have the written agreement reiterate the services that will be provided and the price.

Also we quote the job when we see it at the initial appointment if there are no add-ons involved then we promise a price with a 24 hour period. And it will be give to them in person.

Something to keep in mind with all this is, the quicker you can get the sale finalized the better. The less time you give a potential customer to think about if they really need this service or that service, the better it is for you. You want to minimize their chances of changing their mind, or finding someone else to go with. Ideally, you want to pull up, meet them, give them a price for the service and be able to perform the first service right then and there.

CHEESE2009
09-19-2012, 07:32 AM
As much as I would like to be more informative for my clients, everything would only work against me.

I WISH we could use something like that, but it makes more sense to have the client choose bi-weekly, and for you to later on explain why they should actually choose weekly. Clients are easily threatened by facts, no matter how basic they may seem.

Don't use anything that can be used against you when it comes to making sales. Leave the explanations for later, but the price should probably still be visible if it's something you want your clients to sign.

And yes, have your clients sign everything. Less headaches down the road!!! I promise!!!

A sample piece of my contract is yours to use, just change it around (with bi-weekly or weekly)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/exampleCTRCT.png

nitalouise
09-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Tell me what you think, is it to wordy? Want to make sure they are informed, but don't want to scare anyone away...

 Basic Package: Cut lawn, Weed eat, Blow off clippings.
 Edging
 Mulch installation/ maintenance
 Seasonal Pruning: Prune all trees and shrubs & clean up.
 Snow Removal
 Gutter cleaning/repair
 Fall clean up/leaf removal
 Ice management
 Pressure Washing
 Spring Cleanup

Quote Packet

Date: ____________

Customer: ______________________
Address: _______________________
Phone: _______________________
Email: _________________________
Best time to reach you: ___________

 Edging Flower Beds
 Small Tree Trimming
 Handyman services : (just ask) __________________________________________________ _________________________
 Any other services needed? (with payment added to next invoice)____________________
 How often to do you want these services?
 Weekly
 Bi-Weekly
 Monthly

Price Estimate: ___________

Terms of Agreement:

Payment schedule options for new customers or any changes.
 Weekly Invoice *
 Pre-Pay 1to 4 weeks in advance
 Monthly billing invoice**(commercial customers only)

 Bi-Weekly- Please note: If you want a bi-weekly there is a 50% surcharge for biweekly cuts due to scheduling difficulty and increased mower wear. Bi-weekly will only be considered at the weekly rate during drought conditions at this companies discression. Please call the office with any question or concerns.

Read the small print:

* Payment is due the following week of your service appointment; (if not paid at point of service) accepted forms of payment are, check, money order or cash. If no one is available please tell us where you will leave payment. We will leave a receipt for paid services.

** You will be billed at the 1st of every month with payment due before the 15th of that month.

Payments are due at next scheduled service date
Please make all checks or money orders payable to Cole VanZile.

As a new or existing customer, please remember that your satisfaction is very important to us at Coleís Yard Works, If you have any concerns or questions about the services we offer, please donít hesitate to let us know. Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed!!!

Customer Agreement Signature_____________________________________
A copy of this signed agreement will be returned to you with your first service appointment.

willshome
09-19-2012, 10:15 AM
I would put something like 'weekly mow recommended' and maybe not a add fee for biweekly but a discount for weekly because it makes you look good

Adding why its good for them
Weekly lawn mowing allows for approximately 1/3 of the blade to be cut, keeping your lawn stress free. Also mulching the smaller clippings can help reduce the need of chemical fertilization, which is more eco friendly. Other benefits are Controlling weeds (Most weeds need height to grow & spread)

CHEESE2009
09-19-2012, 08:12 PM
I find what you have to be very difficult.

 Basic Package: Cut lawn, Weed eat, Blow off clippings.
 Edging
 Mulch installation/ maintenance
 Seasonal Pruning: Prune all trees and shrubs & clean up.
 Snow Removal
 Gutter cleaning/repair
 Fall clean up/leaf removal
 Ice management
 Pressure Washing
 Spring Cleanup

^ What are they supposed to do with this? You have to let them know.

Quote Packet

Date: ____________

Customer: ______________________
Address: _______________________
Phone: _______________________
Email: _________________________
Best time to reach you: ___________

^ you should take their information over the phone, and fill this out for them.

 Edging Flower Beds
 Small Tree Trimming
 Handyman services : (just ask) __________________________________________________ _________________________
 Any other services needed? (with payment added to next invoice)____________________

^ this is scattered, this should be added to the checklist above, no?

 How often to do you want these services?
 Weekly
 Bi-Weekly
 Monthly

^ This should be asked per service, as not all services are needed as much as others. If a client wants weekly mowing, but monthly garden maintenance, you didn't offer them that choice.

Price Estimate: ___________

^ is the client going to write what they want to pay you here? LOL

Terms of Agreement:

Payment schedule options for new customers or any changes.
 Weekly Invoice *
 Pre-Pay 1to 4 weeks in advance
 Monthly billing invoice**(commercial customers only)

 Bi-Weekly- Please note: If you want a bi-weekly there is a 50% surcharge for biweekly cuts due to scheduling difficulty and increased mower wear. Bi-weekly will only be considered at the weekly rate during drought conditions at this companies discression. Please call the office with any question or concerns.

Should be titled, 'payment terms'.

Read the small print:

* Payment is due the following week of your service appointment; (if not paid at point of service) accepted forms of payment are, check, money order or cash. If no one is available please tell us where you will leave payment. We will leave a receipt for paid services.

^You have already stated your payment terms, which somewhat contradict what you have written here.

** You will be billed at the 1st of every month with payment due before the 15th of that month.

^This cannot be for every service. This contracts your payment terms.

Payments are due at next scheduled service date

^ contradicting again

Please make all checks or money orders payable to Cole VanZile.

As a new or existing customer, please remember that your satisfaction is very important to us at Cole’s Yard Works, If you have any concerns or questions about the services we offer, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed!!!

^ don't put this in the fine print.

Customer Agreement Signature_____________________________________
A copy of this signed agreement will be returned to you with your first service appointment.

^ good. Actually, you should send your clients two contracts, then have them send one back to you. Both ways work.

-

I want to help you create something, but we have to figure out what you want. I see a 'service request form' trying really hard to be a contract, it's just confusing.

1. You can make a contract for every service.

2. You can make a contract for long term services such as mowing, and just use simple invoices for smaller services.

CHEESE2009
09-19-2012, 08:32 PM
You should have three to four forms.

form 1 (advert). A list of services that your clients can check off, for requesting quotes.

form 2 (quotes). A quote for all of the services they have checked off.
In this form, you will have check boxes which asks if they would like an invoice/contract for any of the services listed, that they have requested a quote for.

form 3-4 (contract/invoice). You send the client an invoice/contract for the services they want.

You can always mix 1 & 2 together.

E.g.

1. Show the client your list of services, and the prices. Beside the services, ask them to check off if they would like to have an invoice/contract sent to them.

2. Send them an invoice and/or contract for the services they require.

nitalouise
09-19-2012, 11:17 PM
I find what you have to be very difficult.

^ What are they supposed to do with this? You have to let them know.

^ you should take their information over the phone, and fill this out for them.

^ this is scattered, this should be added to the checklist above, no?

^ This should be asked per service, as not all services are needed as much as others. If a client wants weekly mowing, but monthly garden maintenance, you didn't offer them that choice.

^ is the client going to write what they want to pay you here? LOL

Should be titled, 'payment terms'.

^ don't put this in the fine print.

^ good. Actually, you should send your clients two contracts, then have them send one back to you. Both ways work.

-

I want to help you create something, but we have to figure out what you want. I see a 'service request form' trying really hard to be a contract, it's just confusing.

1. You can make a contract for every service.

2. You can make a contract for long term services such as mowing, and just use simple invoices for smaller services.

WOW, Cheese, that must have taken a long time.....LOL.....It's just a first draft, But it will be similar, I can explain anything they need to know

CHEESE2009
09-20-2012, 12:29 AM
WOW, Cheese, that must have taken a long time.....LOL.....It's just a first draft, But it will be similar, I can explain anything they need to know

lol I got carried away.

I have fun with this sort of crap a.k.a nothing better to do with my time.