PDA

View Full Version : New to Gopher Forum

Handz
09-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I am Handz, I am 45 an unemployed father of 2 from Barbados. I am just starting my own Lawn care and Landscape business. I have been unemployed for a year. I have always wanted to own my own Landscaping Business to support my family. As of now I have one potential job, I have the basic equipment (all commercial-lawn mower and weed eater).

I have absolutely NO START UP CASH to buy anything extra as backups or to purchase any books/software to learn how to operate a business and bid properly so I can actually make money, instead of basically paying for gas.

I have some questions:

1) How can I attract GOOD accounts quickly without advertising. I am getting templates done for business cards.

2) Does anyone here pressure wash? How much do you normally charge for pressure washing? What all is involved in that, material-wise?

3) How exactly do you bid properly to obtain the "dollar a minute" that I hear so much about?

Any tips, and advice is greatly needed and appreciated.

Thanks

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-14-2012, 03:28 PM
1) How can I attract GOOD accounts quickly without advertising. I am getting templates done for business cards.
Have rich friends.:)

2) Does anyone here pressure wash? How much do you normally charge for pressure washing? What all is involved in that, material-wise?
I charge by sq ft. A average size house should fetch around $350-$400. You need a good chemical. It will do the work for you. Then you just wash it off.

3) How exactly do you bid properly to obtain the "dollar a minute" that I hear so much about?
Know how long it takes to do the job.
Start with a minimum charge.
Call some local guys and ask how much it would cost to get your yard mowed.

Handz
09-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks everyone

Steve
09-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What kind of area do you want to service? Is it possible that there are homes in the area that the owners only vacation in? Could you offer some kind of property management services for such home owners?