PDA

View Full Version : Echo handheld blower.

wat5150
09-13-2012, 06:49 PM
I just bought this blower. Found it on CL. It was $50 and came with basically another echo blower head that wasnt working, just for spare parts. Anyway I put some gas in the spare blower and it fired up after a few pull. It smoked pretty bad and would bog down after you ran it for a while. I was surprised that it fired up and ran. So I basically got 2 for the price of one. So what would be the issue with the smoking? I assume there is a carb or throttle issue with the bogging down. I have a chainsaw that does the same thing. Runs for a bit then just starts coughing and then sputters out.

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-13-2012, 07:05 PM
I just bought this blower. Found it on CL. It was $50 and came with basically another echo blower head that wasnt working, just for spare parts. Anyway I put some gas in the spare blower and it fired up after a few pull. It smoked pretty bad and would bog down after you ran it for a while. I was surprised that it fired up and ran. So I basically got 2 for the price of one. So what would be the issue with the smoking? I assume there is a carb or throttle issue with the bogging down. I have a chainsaw that does the same thing. Runs for a bit then just starts coughing and then sputters out.

could be rings.

h_soape
09-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Seafoam that sucker and see what happens. That is a heck of a deal.

wandfsmall
09-14-2012, 07:45 AM
I would check compression on the unit before you do anything else. Sounds like that is the problem.

Steve
09-14-2012, 10:53 AM
I would check compression on the unit before you do anything else. Sounds like that is the problem.

Could a lack of compression cause the engine to bog down after you run it for a while?

wandfsmall
09-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Could a lack of compression cause the engine to bog down after you run it for a while?

yes as an engine heats up it will loose compression.

Steve
09-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Can you explain that more? Which parts tend to do that?