PDA

View Full Version : Yard signs stolen

Apex Lawn & Landscape
09-11-2012, 09:18 PM
I've had my yard sign at a local corner next to giant eagle now for 3 months...went grocery shopping today to see that someone has takin it..not knocked it over, bent it, broke it, JACKED IT. None of the other 15 signs are touched..! local competitor? Who the fu*k knows but it really irks me . I bust my As* for sh*t ..regardless if I'm competition to them they should know how hard I work for my things because THEY'RE IN THE SAME BUSINESS!! I think I'm going to replace that sign with a sign that says " FU*K YOU..you have my sign 724-553-APEX for a few choice words" thanks for letting me rant. When i find out who I'll be sure to record me knockin teeth and post it on this lovely forum. I've always found it ironic ..us landscapers are complete di*ks to eachother in the field but where do we go to discuss our issues? The land of the landscapers.

Lopes Lawn Care
09-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Shi**y man, sorry to hear that. Hope you find the bastards and get the chance to take a nice sized sh*t on the hood of their truck. It's a shame we cant all just get along out there.

CHEESE2009
09-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I wonder if you could maybe find video surveillance of this.

I think it would be funny to go knock on the door of the guy who took your sign and say, "I want my sign back".

Watch him crap his pants.

-

Or I can give you some grubs I dug out of my clients lawn, and you can go throw them on his!

CS-LawnService
09-12-2012, 04:42 AM
Around here the city crews goes and cleans up the signs every now and then off of all the corners in the city ..could this be what happened to you

LawnBoy0311
09-12-2012, 05:23 AM
Around here the city crews goes and cleans up the signs every now and then off of all the corners in the city ..could this be what happened to you

This is the same ith us too. The city waits a certain amount of time, then removes them to keep the areas clutter free.

If thats not the case, I say put another one up with a camera to see whos taking it!!

shadrach
09-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Might be the guys maintaining the property?

Hedgemaster
09-12-2012, 08:09 AM
I've had my yard sign at a local corner next to giant eagle now for 3 months...went grocery shopping today to see that someone has takin it..not knocked it over, bent it, broke it, JACKED IT.None of the other 15 signs are touched..! local competitor? Who the fu*k knows but it really irks me . I bust my As* for sh*t ..regardless if I'm competition to them they should know how hard I work for my things because THEY'RE IN THE SAME BUSINESS!! I think I'm going to replace that sign with a sign that says " FU*K YOU..you have my sign 724-553-APEX for a few choice words" thanks for letting me rant. When i find out who I'll be sure to record me knockin teeth and post it on this lovely forum. I've always found it ironic ..us landscapers are complete di*ks to eachother in the field but where do we go to discuss our issues? The land of the landscapers.

In case anyone missed it. And apparently some did.

:)

I had business card holders (paper kind) removed from a community bulletin board a few times. I just put up MORE and bigger, better ads until it stopped.
Freakin' hacks think you're invading "their turf" and that's how they "fight back".
I guess my ad made their "drawn with a crayon" ad look bad. :D

Apex Lawn & Landscape
09-12-2012, 10:21 AM
In case anyone missed it. And apparently some did.

:)

I had business card holders (paper kind) removed from a community bulletin board a few times. I just put up MORE and bigger, better ads until it stopped.
Freakin' hacks think you're invading "their turf" and that's how they "fight back".
I guess my ad made their "drawn with a crayon" ad look bad. :D

Lol thank you sir. You know a bigger sign sounds like a good idea!

696 Signs
09-12-2012, 11:15 AM

This is pretty much the normal in most areas.
In some places they actualy call the people and they can be fined if they are put in areas they were not given permission.

We sell A LOT of yard signs...and my best advice is put them in peoples lawns you maintain...that shows your quality of work you do also.

Places like freeway exits and large intersections are best left for weekends only as thats when code enforcment is usualy not out (if you area fines you for them).

We have a lot of local people trying to use smaller signs closer to the road..and more of them (they are cheaper then large ones)

I will offer a special to anyone who reads this thread...

Get 10 yardsigns 18"x24" full color or unlimited colors with stakes and shipping for $110 (1 side) or $125 (2 sides)

Other sizes are avail.

Tony
696 Signs

Steve
09-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I am sorry about that happening. Will you be replacing the sign?