PDA

View Full Version : Messed Up

LawnCareKnox
09-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Hey everyone,

So It rained here pretty hard for a few days. I had a guy scheduled that day and called to let him know I would obviously need to reschedule. I had to leave a message so I did. Next day I called back to tell him I was coming out even though still wet I needed to stay on, or as close to schedule as possible.. No answer and again another message left. I decided to go on out get it done. When I got there the front lawn was cut and their was a little fat kid in the back pushing a mower and some other guy supervising. I introduced myself he said the owner wasn't home. When I told him I was the one cutting the lawn previously he just smirked and said he will tell the owner I stopped by.... Wtf?

Sprinkler Buddy
09-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Sounds like a blessing to me. :-)

You don't want or need a customer like that.

Steve
09-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I am sorry that happened. Keep us posted if you find out anything more about this. Who knows, maybe it's some unemployed relative?

Apex Lawn & Landscape
09-11-2012, 11:35 AM
What Sprinkler Buddy said! Ron and rescheduling is a common issue with anyone in the outdoors industry . *******s will be *******s..mowing wet grass is not good for your mower and the yard will lol like **** no matter what you do... Don't sweat it man, on to the next . Let the summertooths take on those customers.

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-11-2012, 11:55 AM
That guy will only hold the lawn till it rains again. The customer was a tool.

I just had 3 days of rain in a row and when I attempted to reschedule a pressure washing job. The guy was telling me to come out in a thunderstorm and do it. He ended up cancelling on me which in a way is good because he was a impatient ***.

Hedgemaster
09-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Your schedule just opened up for someone who will pay you MORE and not be an a$$.

dpld
09-11-2012, 02:11 PM
nobody needs to work for people like that and when they show their true colors they are doing you a favor.

any customer with common sense is well aware that any industry that is effected by weather runs into situations like these.

regardless of what you are doing and what you are charging it does not mean that if you get the job you are gonna put your safety or the well being of your equipment at risk nor are you gonna take the chance in causing harm to the property you are working on and create more work and expense for yourself.

what would this @sshat say if your mower created turf damage?

he would go from complaining that you did not cut it in the rain to you ruined my yard.

when the red flag comes up, it is time to move on because there are hundreds and thousands of potential customers out there and there is no need to work for the @sshats of the world.

Yard Elements
10-04-2012, 04:41 PM
I think you are all girls..... LOL We mow in rain or shine.... It rains so much here if you skipped a lawn because of rain you would be out of business. I climb trees and cut them down in the rain too... Loggers log in the rain, you not cutting a golf green get some rain gear and be a man. LOL