PDA

View Full Version : What a week(and its only wensday)

xandrew245x
09-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Man this week has been horrible. Today we had an appointment set up for our house to be sprayed for fleas, so we spent all day monday cleaning our house spotless so this could be done. We are also getting married Saturday, so all the family was coming to see our house and such.

So monday was a frantic day of cleaning, I woke up yesterday to squishy carpet in my basement, my finished basement flooded, servepro was there half the day and ripped all the trim off the walls, and took a lot of the carpet pad.

Who knows whats going to happen today, had to reschedule the flea spraying, and now they are calling for rain saturday and its an outdoor wedding, FML. I hope the rest of this week starts to look better.

OH and on top of it, I haven't gotten to mow at all this week, it has rained every single day.

Lopes Lawn Care
09-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Sh** man, that really sucks. It's like when you need things to go perfectly they always fall apart 110%. Hope all works out for you dude and that your wedding goes great. It's been raining here all week and we had the holiday on monday so I haven't gotten to any of my lawns. Tomorrow is the only day they are calling for no rain. Don't think i'm gonna get them all done in one day haha. Haven't had to deal with this before. Kinda sucks but it's nature and there's only so much you can do.

I've got an old 52" toro with a stamped deck. The thing SUCKS in wet conditions. It just clogs up and I end up with clumps and nastiness all over the yards. Gotta spend a ton of time blowing and making them all disappear or raking it up.

Do you guys know if this is caused by the deck itself or is it just cause i'm trying to mow in wet conditions? I see other companies mowing out there and they seem to do o.k. when it's wet. Maybe I'm just retarded.

xandrew245x
09-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Sh** man, that really sucks. It's like when you need things to go perfectly they always fall apart 110%. Hope all works out for you dude and that your wedding goes great. It's been raining here all week and we had the holiday on monday so I haven't gotten to any of my lawns. Tomorrow is the only day they are calling for no rain. Don't think i'm gonna get them all done in one day haha. Haven't had to deal with this before. Kinda sucks but it's nature and there's only so much you can do.

I've got an old 52" toro with a stamped deck. The thing SUCKS in wet conditions. It just clogs up and I end up with clumps and nastiness all over the yards. Gotta spend a ton of time blowing and making them all disappear or raking it up.

Do you guys know if this is caused by the deck itself or is it just cause i'm trying to mow in wet conditions? I see other companies mowing out there and they seem to do o.k. when it's wet. Maybe I'm just retarded.

Thanks, I really hope the rest of the week goes well.

they have been calling for rain every day since sunday, and right when I had time to go work it started to rain on me, didnt rain all day monday until I was about to go mow, I was going to go yesterday, didn't rain all day until late evening...but I had to stay there with servepro, I hope it stays dry today.

Lopes Lawn Care
09-05-2012, 11:03 AM
yeah it's pouring here. Hopefully tomorrow will be dry.

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-05-2012, 11:23 AM

I just got off the phone with a customer. He wanted to know if I was going to pressure wash his house when its thundering and lightning out. Yeah buddy I'm going to hold a 20ft aluminum pole in the storm.

In the same boat. I havent worked because of the 2 days of rain and the holiday. Now my easy week is becoming a nightmare. I wanted to try my new mower out too.

xandrew245x
09-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Now I found out the insurance isn't covering anything.

We called them first they said they would take care of everything to call servepro, now they are telling us they can't do anything.

dpld
09-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Man this week has been horrible. Today we had an appointment set up for our house to be sprayed for fleas, so we spent all day monday cleaning our house spotless so this could be done. We are also getting married Saturday, so all the family was coming to see our house and such.

So monday was a frantic day of cleaning, I woke up yesterday to squishy carpet in my basement, my finished basement flooded, servepro was there half the day and ripped all the trim off the walls, and took a lot of the carpet pad.

Who knows whats going to happen today, had to reschedule the flea spraying, and now they are calling for rain saturday and its an outdoor wedding, FML. I hope the rest of this week starts to look better.

OH and on top of it, I haven't gotten to mow at all this week, it has rained every single day.

i really feel your pain and can concur that this week has sucked for not only you but myself.

we lost a close friend the other day and not only have a funeral to attend but also the loss of that person to deal with.
it is also the first week back to school for my kids which had it's own share of insanity to deal with and to top it off my wife was on her way home yesterday and was sitting at a traffic light stopped when some @sshat talking on a cell phone never stopped and plowed right into her and smashed her into the car in front of her.

getting to the scene and seeing the car my heart went in my throat and after seeing what happened to the car i could not believe she walked away.

and to top it off it rained all week and just like you i have not got diddly done.

as i said i feel your pain and i will keep you in my thoughts and good luck with everything on your end.

xandrew245x
09-05-2012, 12:26 PM
i really feel your pain and can concur that this week has sucked for not only you but myself.

we lost a close friend the other day and not only have a funeral to attend but also the loss of that person to deal with.
it is also the first week back to school for my kids which had it's own share of insanity to deal with and to top it off my wife was on her way home yesterday and was sitting at a traffic light stopped when some @sshat talking on a cell phone never stopped and plowed right into her and smashed her into the car in front of her.

getting to the scene and seeing the car my heart went in my throat and after seeing what happened to the car i could not believe she walked away.

and to top it off it rained all week and just like you i have not got diddly done.

as i said i feel your pain and i will keep you in my thoughts and good luck with everything on your end.

Good luck to you too, i'm glad she wasn't hurt.

The insurance company is going to pay for everything done up this point because it was their royal screw up, but the carpet is still wet, and it is going to need cleaned so we are going to have to pay that.

Then were going to have to pay for new carpet pad...new trim, and a contractor to put the carpet back in place.

I think the insurance should pay for everything, if I would have knew they weren't going to cover anything I would have just done everything myself, and saved the trim and the wholes they ignorantly put in the wall while taking it off.

LawnBoy0311
09-05-2012, 01:26 PM
insurance companies are a scam. I hate them all.

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-05-2012, 01:31 PM
insurance companies are a scam. I hate them all.
+1000

They spend more money fighting claims then they do paying out. I called a insurance company about 5 times and had 1 claim paid out after they fought me for every penny.

xandrew245x
09-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Heres the thing, the morning I woke up and found it, I tried to clean it up myself because it didn't look to bad, well it was worse than I thought

I told my fiance to call our insurance company to see if they would cover it, they said she we will take care of everything, just call servepro and they will come and fix it. We call them, they arrive and he tells me hes called our adjuster multiple times and can't get a hold of him, so they were just going to remove the trim and take the wet carpet pad then put down fans and stuff.

He tried calling the adjuster again, and no response at all through out the day.

We get a call today from a guy who isn't even our adjuster had me walk through everything that happened and the source and said our deductible is $1,000, he said he would look through our policy and call back.

He called my fiance back and she came to me very angry and told me "talk to this ****ing guy" as soon as I started talking to him he basically accused me saying "no one ever contacted him", and I wasn't very nice to him and ended up hanging up on him.

Basically what happened they lied to us from the get go and mislead us, and we spent all this money for work we could have done ourselves. Our adjuster couldn't be reach by phone at all, which in my opinion is completely unprofessional.

They are paying the $1000 bill for the work up to today, we have about an $800 bill to pay for the rest of the drying and then the carpet cleaning.

Its a load of BS, since the insurance company screwed up as bad as they did, they should be paying for EVERYTHING.

The Cleaning Doctor
09-05-2012, 06:09 PM
You all should be thankful that you have rain. We have not had more than it takes to get the dust wet in over 3 months and not very often at that. Besides it is all from thunderstorms that pass over quickly and start fires. The last one started 5 fires in a 15 mile stretch of the county. One was only 5 miles from my house.

dpld
09-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Good luck to you too, i'm glad she wasn't hurt.

The insurance company is going to pay for everything done up this point because it was their royal screw up, but the carpet is still wet, and it is going to need cleaned so we are going to have to pay that.

Then were going to have to pay for new carpet pad...new trim, and a contractor to put the carpet back in place.

I think the insurance should pay for everything, if I would have knew they weren't going to cover anything I would have just done everything myself, and saved the trim and the wholes they ignorantly put in the wall while taking it off.

thank you, and i agree with the insurance co's and i learned last year when my home flooded to never take my insurance companies word for it and the final straw came this morning from my insurance co ( state farm ) dealing with my wife's situation where i was so pissed off from these @sshats that within a hour of hanging up with them i had already switched all my insurance for my home, personal auto's and life insurance over to farmers and i not only have total coverage i got more coverage at the same price.

and next week me and the agent are gonna sit down and switch all my insurance for the business from general liabillity, commercial auto and workers comp to farmers as well.

outside of health insurance they will be a one stop shop for me.

after 30 years with state farm and the same office i officially told them to suck my balls and eat shat and f'n die this morning.

Matther777
09-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Well geez all of you are having rain! In Colorado it has been dry, dry, oh and dry! But this sort of thing happens. I will say mowing in wet conditions with my experience seems to always clog and make a mess of the grass no matter what mower you have. I have found out if you cross cut it helps a little bit but still not great. Okay sorry now to respond to the main post :D I feel ya and its great that your at least venting. Stay strong my friend!

xandrew245x
09-05-2012, 07:27 PM
thank you, and i agree with the insurance co's and i learned last year when my home flooded to never take my insurance companies word for it and the final straw came this morning from my insurance co ( state farm ) dealing with my wife's situation where i was so pissed off from these @sshats that within a hour of hanging up with them i had already switched all my insurance for my home, personal auto's and life insurance over to farmers and i not only have total coverage i got more coverage at the same price.

and next week me and the agent are gonna sit down and switch all my insurance for the business from general liabillity, commercial auto and workers comp to farmers as well.

outside of health insurance they will be a one stop shop for me.

after 30 years with state farm and the same office i officially told them to suck my balls and eat shat and f'n die this morning.

Yeah I am looking for a new insurance company, and they are going to tell me everything up front and I am going to make sure I have the right coverage.

I am very disappointed in the way the insurance company handled this, how could they be so stupid, and then they blame me and say I am the liar, I told him to **** himself, your a ****ing ******* and then I hung up the phone, man I was pissed.

After that they agreed to pay for all the work up to today, so atleast i got that much out of them.

Hedgemaster
09-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Very few ins companies cover basement flooding.

We ended up with Erie because they do. (Not sure if it's included, or if it's an add-on)

Good luck and congrats on the fast-approaching wedding!
I have no sympathy for you if it rains though - you knew it could happen, yet chose to go that route anyway. Kiss her in the rain and be happy!

xandrew245x
09-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Very few ins companies cover basement flooding.

We ended up with Erie because they do. (Not sure if it's included, or if it's an add-on)

Good luck and congrats on the fast-approaching wedding!
I have no sympathy for you if it rains though - you knew it could happen, yet chose to go that route anyway. Kiss her in the rain and be happy!

I guess were deciding tomorrow if we should move it. if its moved we are just having it at the same place the reception is at.

xandrew245x
09-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Well, glad that weeks over.

Everything went well saturday, except we had to move the wedding to the same place we had the reception, they were calling for bad storms saturday so we decided not to chance it.

Saturday was fun, everything went smoothly and so far the week is going great!

I heard its good luck if it rains on your wedding day.

Steve
09-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Well, I hope you have a great week now :)