PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting back on track after Hurrican Isaac

op25ttfd
09-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Thankfully I am getting back to my normal routine and will be cutting yards again starting Wednesday since I am at the firehouse today and tomorrow. I cannot wait to get back into the full swing of things. Time to really start hustling too since my wife lost her job because she wouldnot come back and let our children suffer in the heat so some rich stuck up women can get their nails done.

jrayb39667
09-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Glad you're ok and getting back in the routine. I live about 75 miles north of new orleans and Isaac downed a lot of trees & limbs and we had about 12" of rain. So I was able to do a lot of clean ups and in between rains got caught up on my lawns today.

Steve
09-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Any pictures of the area after the storm?

jrayb39667
09-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Any pictures of the area after the storm?

I didn't take any. I didn't want to look like "wow this here is what a hurricane's aftermath looks like y'all" like everyone else did. Our area wasn't hit nearly as bad as plaquemines parish was so I can't complain. Isaac was much different than Katrina 7 years ago. Katrina blew threw with high winds rather quickly but cause massive damage. No one was prepared for the damage and just being able to get bare necessities to people that had no power, no water and other things. Isaac hung around for like 30 hours dumping around 13" of rain which softened the ground up a lot and the 50ish MPH winds toppled trees that katrina's 90 MPH winds didn't. The powers that be were much more prepared this time with power company linemen already in hotels ready to go to work. I do this as a part time job with only 24 bi-weekly accounts on top of my 40 hr a week job.