PDA

View Full Version : What happened to WeekendWarriorLawn?

jrayb39667
09-02-2012, 10:37 PM
he hasn't been on here since 7/5/12 and he use to be very active. I kinda miss his posts. Anyone Know why he hasn't been on?

dpld
09-03-2012, 09:17 AM
he hasn't been on here since 7/5/12 and he use to be very active. I kinda miss his posts. Anyone Know why he hasn't been on?

i was actually wondering where the duck went? i really miss his posts and i hope all is well for him.

as for the warrior i think he either changed his name or moved on.

brian'slawncare
09-03-2012, 02:34 PM
didnt weekend warrior kind of get in a fight on here?

and yeah! What happened to ducke?

Cashin H&P
09-03-2012, 03:02 PM
didnt weekend warrior kind of get in a fight on here?

and yeah! What happened to ducke?

I think he just started to piss alot of us off. He acted all high and mighty, it seemed like he talked down to alot of us who are actually trying to run a legit company.

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-03-2012, 03:12 PM
His last CL add was on 7/27.
http://porthuron.craigslist.org/fgs/3117928323.html

I think he gave up and found a job or his broom leaf blower broke.

dpld
09-03-2012, 03:16 PM
His last CL add was on 7/27.

I think he gave up and found a job or his broom leaf blower broke.

i always found it funny that a guy would start a business named weekend warrior and expect people especially customers to take him seriously.

Cashin H&P
09-03-2012, 05:50 PM
i always found it funny that a guy would start a business named weekend warrior and expect people especially customers to take him seriously.

I thought the same thing when I first read his name. It sounds so childish, or like he is just playing landscaper

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-03-2012, 06:18 PM
I thought the same thing when I first read his name. It sounds so childish, or like he is just playing landscaper

Thats what I thought when I seen his equipment.

CHEESE2009
09-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Ducke is doing great guys, he's been keeping busy.

mark123
09-03-2012, 06:49 PM
I think he just started to piss alot of us off. He acted all high and mighty, it seemed like he talked down to alot of us who are actually trying to run a legit company.
I was a bit turned off by him calling himself a genius and acting like he was the only one that knows what he's taking about. It was rather grating.

B-2 Lawncare
09-03-2012, 09:13 PM
how about a pic framer. He was another guy I thought we knew it all now look at him.

bruces
09-03-2012, 09:32 PM
I thought pic framer got away from the site because he found a girlfriend or something like that .

jrayb39667
09-03-2012, 09:43 PM
I just thought he was amusing with his posts. Ma' on the "walk behind" and me on the weed whacker edging the roots of the tree to give them some definition LOL. I do hope he is doing well and that he's successful with what ever he is doing.

B-2 Lawncare
09-03-2012, 09:47 PM
I thought pic framer got away from the site because he found a girlfriend or something like that .

um sure he did, I did some diging on the guy and almost everything he said was bull. He stoll pictures from guys on a another site and posted them on his website as his own. I went on google Earth and looked up his address or where he said his shop was, guess what not there.

brian'slawncare
09-03-2012, 09:50 PM
who was that one guy who used to always post things about safety. He was an older guy and I remember his profile pic was a straight shot of him...I just cant remember his name....

mark123
09-04-2012, 06:09 AM
who was that one guy who used to always post things about safety. He was an older guy and I remember his profile pic was a straight shot of him...I just cant remember his name....
swstout. He's a cool fellow. :)

Cashin H&P
09-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Weekend Warrior...LOL!! I never got along with him. I had a few spats with him. I thought he was a complete hack and a tool. Talked like he knew it all and said when he was out mowing people would come up to him and talk and ask questions about his service. he would say I see the bigger guys with ztrs and noone talks to them...LOLOLOL. Just a complete tool. I like the post on edging with his ryobi trimmer. Its an art form and after a while the trimmer is like an extension of your arm!!! Too funny. His broom was awesome though. i loved that thing!!!!:D:D

The broom was the best hahaha what a hack. Did he have a truck or did he use his car that got shot up?

Steve
09-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Did you read that craigslist ad?

Yikes!

Recently, our rear windshield was shot out while we were taking a night time family drive with our baby son in the back seat of the car. He was in his car-seat facing the window. When the window broke, some how it did not collapse inwards on him, as it could have, nor did any glass debris fly into his face. Our son sat there quietly as if nothing had happened. Miraculously, he was unharmed in this incident.

You can see here that the window has been completely destroyed. The situation could have been much worse.
To raise money for the replacing of this window, we are offering something we have not offered before: MOST lawns cut for $20.00 This special service includes weed whacking, edging and cleanup, with NO contract. We are professional contractors, and this would be a great time for you to try our services out at an offer that will never run again! Once the funds have been raised, this offer will expire! We currently need to raise $300.00 for the window. If you are interested, call now! YOU MUST MENTION THIS SPECIAL TO GET THE OFFER. We will not suggest offers on the phone, so pay close attention! Mention that you are calling about the "Window Fund Raiser," ad on Craigslist. YOU MUST MENTION THIS BEFORE THE FIRST CALL IS ENDED TO QUALIFY FOR THIS SPECIAL OFFER.

I certainly hope everything is ok over there with them!

There are plenty of times where entrepreneurs start up businesses and they are just on that line of being able to make it or having a disastrous financial situation. This looks like things were really on the edge when he posted the ad. I hope he has been able to continue to push forwards with his business.

dpld
09-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Did you read that craigslist ad?

Yikes!

I certainly hope everything is ok over there with them!

There are plenty of times where entrepreneurs start up businesses and they are just on that line of being able to make it or having a disastrous financial situation. This looks like things were really on the edge when he posted the ad. I hope he has been able to continue to push forwards with his business.

wow that is pretty incredible.
it definitely gives some insight to his financial situation if he has to kick and scratch to replace a broken window.

i am glad his child did not get hurt and actually hope he and his family are ok.

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-04-2012, 11:56 AM
wow that is pretty incredible.
it definitely gives some insight to his financial situation if he has to kick and scratch to replace a broken window.

i am glad his child did not get hurt and actually hope he and his family are ok.

I hope the best for him and his family.

I wonder what he was involved with that lead to a shooting or was it just random? Not to be a a$$ but he told me thats why the big boys have insurance for the big equipment.

One of the things he snapped at me about was charging to low. He did a job for $60 and him and his ma were there for 3 hours. I told him he wasnt even making minimum wage. He fired back that was $20 a hour not knowing anything about man hours. A few days later he post his mower broke. If you charge accordingly you can replace mowers, windshields, etc. Thats why we charge as a business and not a employee. A employee cant replace their equipment but a business will do it in stride.

Steve
09-04-2012, 12:50 PM
He fired back that was $20 a hour not knowing anything about man hours. A few days later he post his mower broke. If you charge accordingly you can replace mowers, windshields, etc. Thats why we charge as a business and not a employee.

That is a very good point and many may not realize this early on until they go through a situation where they have a break down and need cash to get back on there feet and moving again. A lot of the process of starting a new business can really be a trial by fire at times.

dpld
09-04-2012, 12:56 PM
I hope the best for him and his family.

I wonder what he was involved with that lead to a shooting or was it just random? Not to be a a$$ but he told me thats why the big boys have insurance for the big equipment.

One of the things he snapped at me about was charging to low. He did a job for $60 and him and his ma were there for 3 hours. I told him he wasnt even making minimum wage. He fired back that was $20 a hour not knowing anything about man hours. A few days later he post his mower broke. If you charge accordingly you can replace mowers, windshields, etc. Thats why we charge as a business and not a employee. A employee cant replace their equipment but a business will do it in stride.

that is the big difference between owning and running a business and owning a job.
too many people think that if they are making what they did or a few bucks more then working for someone that they are successful and have a business.

but then something happens by way of equipment failure or personal finances and they can not afford to address the problem because all the while they where working for chump change.

from the day you start your business you have to run it and charge accordingly and the day you start giving services away for next to nothing so you can put food on the table you are screwed.

when i started out i worked for some big companies and spent my time learning and i carefully planned my future by continuing to learn every detail of the trade as well as being a businessman as well as i saved my money to start my own business.
i did not wake up one day and say " that's it, i am tired of working for the man " and just dived in with no money and preparations to do so which is what i see so many do these days.

on top of saving money and starting out the right way i still had to work a job on top of running my business to put food on the table which is also something i see today that most are not willing to do.

this dude weekend warrior thought he had it all figured out and dismissed what some of us had to say as if he had a better way and we can clearly see that cutting lawns for next to nothing got him nowhere.

that ad on craigslist made it appear as if he was working cheaper then he normally would have and the fact of the matter is that was his normal price range.

i really hope all is well with him and his family but i also feel in the back of my head that he was not being truthful in how his window got broke and he may have been making the whole story up to garner sympathy to attract new business.

i am not saying that as if it is fact but i have seen people pull bigger stunts then that to try and pick up business in the past.

bruces
09-04-2012, 01:22 PM
I think its funny that I have been here a few years ,and cant remember that guy at all .

dpld
09-04-2012, 01:36 PM
I think its funny that I have been here a few years ,and cant remember that guy at all .

his time here was brief but yet very memorable.

willshome
09-04-2012, 02:14 PM
MAN this reminds me of http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=16959 (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=16959)

LawnBoy0311
09-04-2012, 04:10 PM
A complete @sshat who talked nothing but sh!t.

@sshat.....love it!!! Thats my new favorite!

The best was the picture of his big leg ontop of his tiny push mower.

LawnBoy0311
09-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Like he was doing the Captain Morgan pose.

CHEESE2009
09-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I was reading, and this thread is very enjoyable, but:

I have to make a correction here.

You guys have mistaken Picframer for somebody else.

I just thought I would let you know.

-

Other than that, if there was one truly MASSIVE p*ick on this forum, you guys left me out?! What the heck man, I was hoping to get first place! :p

-

I sleep in the nude.

Steve
09-05-2012, 12:57 PM
I noticed his website hasn't been working either http://www.weekendwarriorlawn.tk/

The Cleaning Doctor
09-05-2012, 05:28 PM
I was going to say something but Scott beat me to it. Picframer is someone that you all should take advice from. Like Scott said, I think you are confusing him with someone else. He found his niche and put together a plan and went for it and succeeded.

Yes he left because of a girlfriend but if you read his posts there is a lot of good information and advice he has given. As for not finding his shop on Google Earth, I would give you the wrong info too. It is none of your business where I live or work. On the photos of the site, they could have been stolen from him and/or stock photos.

Don't ASSume without all the information.

As for that web site, why in the world would you get a .tk domain other than it is FREE. You can register domains for less than $10 a year.

dpld
09-05-2012, 05:53 PM
I was going to say something but Scott beat me to it. Picframer is someone that you all should take advice from. Like Scott said, I think you are confusing him with someone else. He found his niche and put together a plan and went for it and succeeded.

Yes he left because of a girlfriend but if you read his posts there is a lot of good information and advice he has given. As for not finding his shop on Google Earth, I would give you the wrong info too. It is none of your business where I live or work. On the photos of the site, they could have been stolen from him and/or stock photos.

As for that web site, why in the world would you get a .tk domain other than it is FREE. You can register domains for less than $10 a year.

i do agree with you 100% in regards to picframer and for me he was never even in my mind or the conversation.

i do remember the name but i can not sit here and say anything that he posted even remotely stands out without revisiting his posts but to me it really is not that important because i really like coming here and enjoy this place far more then any other sites that i am a member to.

i can really relate to a lot of people on here and even though i am older and further along in business some of the younger dudes starting out remind me of how i thought or viewed things when i was younger and some here have the same demented thoughts as myself like the cheese as well as on a whole we could probably all hang out and it would seem as if we knew each other for years.

weekend warrior to me stands out like a bright light at night and left a lasting impression. not really in a positive way but more in a way in how he rubbed people the wrong way and felt he had all the answers.

with that said i wish him and his family nothing but the best and at this point in life from my experiences he will eventually come around to his senses as well as i learned long ago that to hold a grudge or wish failure on someone has a way of bringing bad things to your life as well as life is way too short for all of us to be wasting it pissing back and forth with one another.

B-2 Lawncare
09-05-2012, 06:32 PM
I was goinguess that ifg to say something but Scot ba me to it. Picframer is someone that yu all should take advice from. Like Scott said, I think you are confusing him with someone else. He found his niche and put together a plan and went for it and succeeded.

Um he succeeded? Didn't he close up shop? And I didn't ASSume anything, I know the guy on the other site where he Stoll his pictures and Picframer did not have permission to use the photos, I also found some information that shows he full of it on I LoveMadeinCanada.
My problem with the guy was he Stoll pictures and made them look like the equipment and work be done was his. He exaggerated the size of his company. His advice was straight out of a text book.

CHEESE2009
09-05-2012, 07:23 PM
I have noticed a lot of people come and go, but this Cheese never expires.

I might get moldy, but that's my charm.

B-2 Lawncare
09-05-2012, 07:39 PM

All I have to say is go pack go lol.

Hedgemaster
09-05-2012, 07:46 PM

My grampa used to get a knife and slice off the mold on the surface.

He made the best grilled cheese sammiches.

I'm hungry.

B-2 Lawncare
09-05-2012, 08:01 PM
My grampa used to get a knife and slice off the mold on the surface.

He made the best grilled cheese sammiches.

I'm hungry.

Make me one please!!! Go pack go

CHEESE2009
09-05-2012, 08:21 PM
I remember the last time I ate spoiled cheese...

Was worth it. Cheese is great.

Hedgemaster
09-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I'd eat gravel if you melted cheddar over it first.

What was this thread about again?

Chaz
09-05-2012, 09:18 PM
I remember the last time I ate spoiled cheese...

Was worth it. Cheese is great.

I had some bad shredded cheese today, it really tasted like it had lost its flavor, spit it back out after my buddy confirmed that it looked as funny as it tasted :eek:

dpld
09-06-2012, 07:00 AM

what can we say, you got the cheese touch.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
09-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Weekend Warrior...LOL!! I never got along with him. I had a few spats with him. I thought he was a complete hack and a tool. Talked like he knew it all and said when he was out mowing people would come up to him and talk and ask questions about his service. he would say I see the bigger guys with ztrs and noone talks to them...LOLOLOL. Just a complete tool. I like the post on edging with his ryobi trimmer. Its an art form and after a while the trimmer is like an extension of your arm!!! Too funny. His broom was awesome though. i loved that thing!!!!:D:D

Lolll!! I remember the Ryobi Edging shot, that thread was where I first seen his 250 brissel blower and thought " Do you think these guys ( Gopher ) are going to take you serious!? And the part where he said customers walk up to him in his " Uniformed Crew " the picture clearly shows knee high white socks and some DC sneaks. Godslapper was mentioned earlier...I think his last post was in regards to insurance with Hedge and Hedge ripped him a new a**. I would like to know where Al Kessinger went....and the UHAUL trailer

dpld
09-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Lolll!! I remember the Ryobi Edging shot, that thread was where I first seen his 250 brissel blower and thought " Do you think these guys ( Gopher ) are going to take you serious!? And the part where he said customers walk up to him in his " Uniformed Crew " the picture clearly shows knee high white socks and some DC sneaks. Godslapper was mentioned earlier...I think his last post was in regards to insurance with Hedge and Hedge ripped him a new a**. I would like to know where Al Kessinger went....and the UHAUL trailer

i always piss my pants about the uniform comment.
tee shirts do not constitute a uniform.