09-02-2012, 07:07 PM
These have nothing to do with mowing grass

stevef1201
09-02-2012, 07:11 PM
sorry pics here

dpld
09-02-2012, 07:46 PM
sorry pics here

it is actually labor day and has nothing to do with the men and women who serve our country.

Lopes Lawn Care
09-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah, wrong holiday. :eek:

usmc3391
09-02-2012, 10:54 PM
true wrong holiday but regardless those are some motivating pictures thanks for posting.

stevef1201
09-03-2012, 06:13 AM
true wrong holiday but regardless those are some motivating pictures thanks for posting.

your welcome, semper fi.

as you may have noticed I labled this thread MEMORIAL DAY - for a reason.

We shuld keep these men and women in our thoughts on not just national holidays, but each and every day

Lopes Lawn Care
09-03-2012, 08:00 AM
as you may have noticed I labled this thread MEMORIAL DAY - for a reason.

We shuld keep these men and women in our thoughts on not just national holidays, but each and every day

I totally agree that we should. It was just strange that you made a memorial day thread on labor day weekend.

greenhammer
09-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Hey I sometimes wonder if solo operators work on holidays. I don't work on the major ones like Christmas, Thanksgiving and Independence day. However since I'm on a schedule servicing 12-14 account per day and commercial accounts on Friday and Sunday I can't really just skip a day. Some customers would be Ok if I skipped a day, while some would not. Sometimes I feel kinda out of place pulling up to a customers house when it seems like everyone is off, but I think they appreciate it and it keeps me on schedule. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Oh, yea. I am a veteran as well and work on Memorial Day.

Martywdx
09-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Hey I sometimes wonder if solo operators work on holidays. I don't work on the major ones like Christmas, Thanksgiving and Independence day.

Most years I work holidays. This year will the dry conditions I don't need too.
I do work Christmas if there is snow to be removed.

dpld
09-03-2012, 10:42 AM

you are absolutely correct about the pictures being motivating and my response was just to clarify the actual day.

when it comes to the men and woman who have served this country past and present every day is memorial day to me because without them i would not be posting on this web site or able to live the life that me and my family do.

stevef1201
09-03-2012, 11:43 AM
If thought these were motivating, or thought provoking, just wait for the memorial day post

My nephew is currently in the sandbox, and I pray for him everyday. Remeber the goal is to come home with all appendages still attached and NO NEW HOLES!!!

To those who served, GOD BLESS.

To those who are hard working, and supporting thier family GOD BLESS.

For certian people all I can say is get off your ***, and stop spending MY MONEY

Steve
09-04-2012, 12:41 PM
There is an interesting article on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Day)about labor day

Labor Day is an American federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September (September 3 in 2012) that celebrates the economic and social contributions of workers.

Oregon was the first state to make it a holiday in 1887. By the time it became a federal holiday in 1894, thirty states officially celebrated Labor Day. Following the deaths of a number of workers at the hands of the U.S. military and U.S. Marshals during the Pullman Strike, the United States Congress unanimously voted to approve rush legislation that made Labor Day a national holiday.