PDA

View Full Version : License question

DJSOUTDOORSERVICES
08-31-2012, 11:24 PM
Does anyone know if I need any type of license to operate in the Minneapolis Mn area? or any permits... this is for lawn care and snow plowing, no chemical applications or tree work. Any information would be greatly appreciated as I have just moved to the area and am going to try to start getting work

bruces
09-01-2012, 04:21 PM
to answer your first question ,YES ! somebody does know if you need a licence ,and once again,Yes ! somebody does know if you need a permit .Call your local government office and ask them ,I bet they know .

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-01-2012, 05:48 PM
to answer your first question ,YES ! somebody does know if you need a licence ,and once again,Yes ! somebody does know if you need a permit .Call your local government office and ask them ,I bet they know .

Bruces, your not going to call for him... lol.

This question gets asked a lot and its always the same. You have to check with your local officials. Try doing a search for basic questions.

bruces
09-01-2012, 07:59 PM
its not my turn to spoonfeed the newbie sect ,sorry .

CHEESE2009
09-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Just like all of us, you need to get in contact with your Mayor.

Book a meeting, by getting in contact with his/her secretary.

When you do meet him/her, tell him you want a 'lawn cutters license'.

You will have to pass a course, similar to drivers ed, but with a 21" lawn mower, through various obstacles.

If he (or his associates) beleive you are up for the challenge, you will get your t.roll-ING license, but you must also pay around $50 annually.

-

It's very simple, don't mind these other guys... They're just being rude. I'm happy to help!

dpld
09-01-2012, 08:34 PM
its not my turn to spoonfeed the newbie sect ,sorry .

i find it amusing that people have the power of the internet in their hands and they got to come here to find the legal requirements in their locale.

i have trouble trying to keep up with all the rules and requirements in nj where i live, how the hell am i supposed to know what the hell is going on in a state 800 miles away?

no offense to the OP but come on man, you got to think before you ask.

CHEESE2009
09-01-2012, 08:49 PM
After using the internet tonight, I now look like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-G5MEa8zm1Mw/TeoXMaLSU_I/AAAAAAAABNg/o5zKB26J_2E/s1600/internet%2Bpower.jpg

Steve
09-04-2012, 12:08 PM
DJ, the only way to know for sure is to call or visit your local town hall. Each community can have their own license requirements that can vary from town to town and state to state.