PDA

View Full Version : I think I have one of Scotts customers

CS-LawnService
08-29-2012, 04:34 AM
I think one of Scotts customers have moved into my area .I picked this job up in may 3 acre river lot gave him a decent price on it I made money he was very happy with the price on it bi-weekly mow as it was just a river lot .
well it started after the second cut having to chase the money down every time tried and tried to find a payment arrangment that would work for the customer he finally said he would prepay for each cut and that worked for 2 payments then it was having to chase him down to get paid .
yesterday he fires me and post on his facebook account

"If you are in business in these tough economic times and expect to survive and grow, you need to know that the customer has a choice. To go elsewhere, or to just decline non-essential goods and service altogether. The customer needs to be provided what they want, when they want it, and how they want it. They need to be allowed to make payment by a method of their choosing, and on the terms and schedule that fit their lifestyle. If you badger or try to dictate to a customer, fail to live up to agreements, or make doing business inconvenient, only a fool will be your customer for very long. And I'm no fool."

I have refraimed from post that if you payed your bills you would not have any problems .

but i blame scott for this it sure sounds like one of his customers

willshome
08-29-2012, 07:02 AM
"If you are in business in these tough economic times and expect to survive and grow, you need to know that the customer has a choice. To go elsewhere, or to just decline non-essential goods and service altogether. The customer needs to be provided what they want, when they want it, and how they want it. They need to be allowed to make payment by a method of their choosing, and on the terms and schedule that fit their lifestyle. If you badger or try to dictate to a customer, fail to live up to agreements, or make doing business inconvenient, only a fool will be your customer for very long. And I'm no fool."

So what he is saying is you should have no rules and hope to get paid some time?

I think any one that reads this will find it funny and don't reply to him

CS-LawnService
08-29-2012, 07:12 AM
yup thats what it seems like to me ,I found it very ammusing and just a relief to be rid of him

dpld
08-29-2012, 09:30 AM
that guy is a arrogant SOB. who does he think he is where he can make up the rules?
does he pay the gas station attendant when he feels like it?

this guy does not understand how basic commerce works.
you offer a service and people choose your service under the terms of the service agreement and this clown thinks he can pay you based on his lifestyle?

what lifestyle exactly is it? living beyond your means? nobody has to pay someone to cut their lawn with the exception of the elderly and handicapped.
he has the option to do it himself, but he chose to have someone do it and he will pay.
and he just not like the fact that he has to hand over his hard earned money to someone who busted their azz because he wants to hold on to it for his wants and needs.

if someone did that to me i could care less if it was 60 dollars or 6 thousand if i had a written agreement ( which i always do ) i would take his azz to court or slap a lien on his house faster then you could say jo boo.

when people want to go online and slander you they need to be put in their place.

Steve
08-29-2012, 11:11 AM
I am sorry that happened. It is something though that you are able to see a true reflection (his account) of what happened. Otherwise you might never have known. But now you do know that there was going to be no winning with this customer. He was going to continue to be flaky.

CHEESE2009
08-29-2012, 01:19 PM
lol... I wonder if there is any way to show the world that this client is wrong.

You should post it on your company fb page, and all of us can go there and LAUGH at it.

Lawn guys: 100
Clients: 0

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-29-2012, 01:29 PM
What a prick.

This is why I bill at the beginning of the month. The customers that have a problem with this are the ones that pay late and try not to pay at all. If they have a problem prepaying then I have a problem precutting. Every customer I have ever lost was due to none payment.

I tried at time of service but the client isnt always home or forgets to leave a check. I tried invoicing at the end of the month but by the time I'm paid the customer owes me the same amount.

CHEESE2009
08-30-2012, 03:23 PM
tried invoicing at the end of the month but by the time I'm paid the customer owes me the same amount.

Well said.

This is what bothered me the most with letting clients pay after services were done. By the time they pay, they already owe us again, it just snowballs and they end up having a hard time letting go of a larger amount of money.

Also when it's late in the season and the grass stops growing, you might not even get your last months payment from them without a fight. I like to rid myself of those risks completely.