PDA

View Full Version : Politics

JeffK26
08-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Curious if others think that if Obama is re-elected their business will be worse off and harder to make a success.

I do.................to be honest, an individual can only work so hard.......If a government run by Obama is in charge I don't see a level of hard work you can achieve to beat him...........

I have survived 2 tours in Iraq getting bombed and in fire fights on a regular basis.............I have survived starting a business.........I have survived being a pothead for a couple years........

I don't see how anyone on this forum can vote for Obama............

Don't get me wrong...i can understand the ideas.......I can understand people wanting certain things..................but those people I can understand don't........or never attempted owning a business................If you are a hard worker........or a hard working business owner............I cannot fathom the intelligence deficiency it takes for you to vote for Obama.

Granted, I don't like either of them....BUT

Romney is heart disease................Obama is cancer.

I would much rather have heart disease than cancer...........

Quite honestly............if you vote for Obama.........I would much rather you kill yourself and give me your clients.........I have no respect for you as a human.............and I have even less respect for you as a business owner or an intelligent person, and I would rather you kill yourself than smile and tell me my 5 years in the military was for nothing but your warped sense of self that someone other than yourself owes you or anyone anything.

JeffK26
08-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Oh, and btw, my wife says she'll take requests on tops to wear to get you to vote against Obama.............

Straight Republican voting is the Playboy shirt...............but wet.....

to get the pics.........ya really should take a pic of your ballot and post it.

Trust but Verify.........*wink*

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Is there really a difference? Obamacare/Romneycare. Both support the banks, federal reserve,foreign invasions, Israel, surveillance state, policing the world, etc.

I wouldve voted for Ron Paul. The last election I voted for Cynthia McKinney. I might vote for Gary Johnson this time unless someone else runs as a 3rd party.

dpld
08-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Is there really a difference? Obamacare/Romneycare. Both support the banks, federal reserve,foreign invasions, Israel, surveillance state, policing the world, etc.

I wouldve voted for Ron Paul. The last election I voted for Cynthia McKinney. I might vote for Gary Johnson this time unless someone else runs as a 3rd party.

first, there is a big difference between the two choices and everything wrong with the current economy has a direct result on every level of our business.

if you don't think high gas prices, higher taxes and high unemployment don't have any impact on your business then vote for obama.
the government has devalued our currency to the point that it is not worth anything and you need more of it to get buy.

we currently have in office a man with only six years experience in politics.
the first two was serving only half his term as a jr senator in which the whole time he was running for president.
then he has spent the last 4 years posturing to gain a second term by making softball decisions and creating legislation to attract votes.
pass a healthcare debacle to gain 30 million votes, give amnesty to illegals to gain another 20 million votes and get the poor vs the rich being there are far greater amounts of poor folk then rich.

second, mitt romney and paul ryan are not the perfect choice but at the same time they are perfect in comparison to obama and even with obamas 4 years of on the job training they still have more qualifications and experience to do a better job then the robbing hoodlum.

third, i understand the ron paul and gary johnson philosophy they both have good ideas but they don't have a chance and a vote for either one of them will be a vote for oblah blah.
you might as well stay home and save yourself the time and trouble of voting if that is who you choose to vote for.

the reason we are in this position is too many people who had no business to vote because they were either clueless or just wanted to prove they were not a racist voted and look what it has got us.

i have been contemplating making a major decision with my business the last year or so and i am at a point that this decision must come very soon and unfortunately the decision time is prior to the election and i am terrified of the thought if i move forward with this plan and this man is elected a 2nd term.

we are all landscapers and most on this site are starting out and have high hopes and dreams to make it big and being landscapers we have a tendency to view life as a simple everyday person because we all have that blue collar mentality.
when we start out and we are kicking and scratching to get by we dream of the day our businesses would be cranking out a couple hundred thousand dollars a year and think, " when that day comes i will be on easy street ".
in reality after payroll, insurance, fuel, equipment and all other costs it only translates into a 40,000 dollar a year job for the owner but according to bam bam if your business is making 250 k you are a millionaire and you will be taxed accordingly.

all i can say is do your homework and make your decision based on facts because when you vote this time your future will depend on it because with the current state of our union we are running out of tomorrows and we have no time to waste.
after 4 years in office no one can sit here and say they have any clue as to what obama's plan is to make things better and all he keeps telling us about is what everyone else's plan is.
the problem with that is he is the sitting president and he knows things about the office that you won't know unless you are the president and he can actually articulate things based on reality and not dreams like he did the first time, but yet he still can not give us a viable plan or insight, why? i tell you why, because he has no plan.

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Well I disagree. A vote for either is a waste. Romney will continue Obamas polices like Obama did bush. I say vote out the major parties like George Washington would want.

None of these people have a clue whats wrong with the economy. Theyll all side with the federal reserve and continue to devalue currency. Until this changes are money will be worthless. The purchasing power of the dollar is 3% of its value since the federal reserve took over.

This is why I go to auctions and buy $5 gold coins for $50-$100. Then sell them for $250 a piece. I do stockpile these too. When oil is high I get about $325 a coin. You can even get $25 for a 60s silver dollar. Thats how much our currency has fallen since the 60s. This trend will continue.

WorkForMySelf
08-29-2012, 03:24 PM
I am all in on Ron Paul. I am not interested in choosing the lesser of two issues. Only welfare recipients vote for Obama. I can respect Romney supporters but I think he is only a knee jerk reaction to the situation obama has created. But yes there is a herd mentality so its best to vote for Romney before the trash hordes can reelect Bama .. I did just contradict myself.. I know :eek:

wandfsmall
08-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Well I disagree. A vote for either is a waste. Romney will continue Obamas polices like Obama did bush. I say vote out the major parties like George Washington would want.

None of these people have a clue whats wrong with the economy. Theyll all side with the federal reserve and continue to devalue currency. Until this changes are money will be worthless. The purchasing power of the dollar is 3% of its value since the federal reserve took over.

This is why I go to auctions and buy $5 gold coins for $50-$100. Then sell them for $250 a piece. I do stockpile these too. When oil is high I get about $325 a coin. You can even get $25 for a 60s silver dollar. Thats how much our currency has fallen since the 60s. This trend will continue.

I am with you both Washington and Adams said that if we went to a two party system that they would just fight and get nothing done. I guess that they were correct as it seems that the only thing that the partys do is blame each other for the problems and try to hijack every bill going to the president if he is from the other party. The media seems to be in on it as well saying that it is Obama's fault that the economy is in the shape it is in, when congress sends the bills to the president to pass he does not write them himself.

As long as we vote for the president only and do not research and hold congress accountable then we will have a screwed up economy No matter who is elected president. However that said unless Romney changes his strategy I personally do not think he will win. Most of the ads I see are Vote for me I am not Obama, I think if he ran on his record then he would get enough independents to vote for him however he would have to lay out a plan to get the economy going.

As to business after the election I think it will be the same either way by the spring time, you might see a bump if Romney wins at Christmas but it will even out by spring.

WorkForMySelf
08-29-2012, 10:32 PM
As to business after the election I think it will be the same either way by the spring time, you might see a bump if Romney wins at Christmas but it will even out by spring.

Yeah most of my customers are definitely Romney supporters.. I dont do much work for the welfare crowd. If nothing else atleast it will liven up the customers for a couple months if Romney wins

Hedgemaster
08-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Oh, and btw, my wife says she'll take requests on tops to wear to get you to vote against Obama.............

Straight Republican voting is the Playboy shirt...............but wet.....

to get the pics.........ya really should take a pic of your ballot and post it.

Trust but Verify.........*wink*

Holy CRAP! :eek: :eek:

Talk about "Rock the Vote"!!!

wandfsmall
08-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Holy CRAP! :eek: :eek:

Talk about "Rock the Vote"!!!

I think the offer would look better if everyone knew what his wife looked like;) But I bet she would have to at least go topless to get someone to change his vote.:cool:

mark123
08-30-2012, 08:38 PM
I'm all politicked out. I can't watch any more commercials. I won't watch any more speeches.

I'm going to go pull the lever that will best remove the Kenyan Wonder. Nothing will change my thinking unless Jesus returns and they allow him on the ballot. His arrest record will be the subject of many an attack ad though. :p

Hedgemaster
08-30-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm more concerned with potential supreme court appointees than which of these two dipsh!ts is around for the next 4 years.

Neither of them can (further) damage this country by themselves, but add more liberal judges and things can get very scary indeed.

That said, b00bs are certainly good incentive for pulling the lever... ummm. wait, that came out wrong...

:o

Lopes Lawn Care
08-31-2012, 02:21 PM
It doesn't matter who they shuffle around in there. Things will always be the same and will ALWAYS follow their agenda. People behind the curtains will get rich and us... well... We'll just continue to mow lawns until the aliens come and get us or the earth swallows us whole. Until then screw it, it's Friday. Have a beer. :D

wat5150
08-31-2012, 04:57 PM
It doesn't matter who they shuffle around in there. Things will always be the same and will ALWAYS follow their agenda. People behind the curtains will get rich and us... well... We'll just continue to mow lawns until the aliens come and get us or the earth swallows us whole. Until then screw it, it's Friday. Have a beer. :D

Amen Brother!!

WorkForMySelf
08-31-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm more concerned with potential supreme court appointees than which of these two dipsh!ts is around for the next 4 years.

Neither of them can (further) damage this country by themselves, but add more liberal judges and things can get very scary indeed.

That said, b00bs are certainly good incentive for pulling the lever... ummm. wait, that came out wrong...

:o

Yes Sir.....
-About the judges. I only get excited about boobs within reach.. internet doesnt do much for me

dpld
08-31-2012, 08:42 PM

don't sell yourself short, the landscape industry is a 60 billion dollar industry and if you bust your azz and do the right thing you can get a substantial piece of that and you will need a government that is business friendly in order to achieve that.
and news flash, the azzhat that is in there is on a mission to destroy businesses.

emerson607
09-02-2012, 11:06 AM
first, there is a big difference between the two choices and everything wrong with the current economy has a direct result on every level of our business.

if you don't think high gas prices, higher taxes and high unemployment don't have any impact on your business then vote for obama.
the government has devalued our currency to the point that it is not worth anything and you need more of it to get buy.

we currently have in office a man with only six years experience in politics.
the first two was serving only half his term as a jr senator in which the whole time he was running for president.
then he has spent the last 4 years posturing to gain a second term by making softball decisions and creating legislation to attract votes.
pass a healthcare debacle to gain 30 million votes, give amnesty to illegals to gain another 20 million votes and get the poor vs the rich being there are far greater amounts of poor folk then rich.

second, mitt romney and paul ryan are not the perfect choice but at the same time they are perfect in comparison to obama and even with obamas 4 years of on the job training they still have more qualifications and experience to do a better job then the robbing hoodlum.

third, i understand the ron paul and gary johnson philosophy they both have good ideas but they don't have a chance and a vote for either one of them will be a vote for oblah blah.
you might as well stay home and save yourself the time and trouble of voting if that is who you choose to vote for.

the reason we are in this position is too many people who had no business to vote because they were either clueless or just wanted to prove they were not a racist voted and look what it has got us.

i have been contemplating making a major decision with my business the last year or so and i am at a point that this decision must come very soon and unfortunately the decision time is prior to the election and i am terrified of the thought if i move forward with this plan and this man is elected a 2nd term.

we are all landscapers and most on this site are starting out and have high hopes and dreams to make it big and being landscapers we have a tendency to view life as a simple everyday person because we all have that blue collar mentality.
when we start out and we are kicking and scratching to get by we dream of the day our businesses would be cranking out a couple hundred thousand dollars a year and think, " when that day comes i will be on easy street ".
in reality after payroll, insurance, fuel, equipment and all other costs it only translates into a 40,000 dollar a year job for the owner but according to bam bam if your business is making 250 k you are a millionaire and you will be taxed accordingly.

all i can say is do your homework and make your decision based on facts because when you vote this time your future will depend on it because with the current state of our union we are running out of tomorrows and we have no time to waste.
after 4 years in office no one can sit here and say they have any clue as to what obama's plan is to make things better and all he keeps telling us about is what everyone else's plan is.
the problem with that is he is the sitting president and he knows things about the office that you won't know unless you are the president and he can actually articulate things based on reality and not dreams like he did the first time, but yet he still can not give us a viable plan or insight, why? i tell you why, because he has no plan.

You hit the nail right on the head. It upsets me to read your commentary to help this guy understand the situation and he doesn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. You can actually see where this guys business is headed because of his thought process with his comments.

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-02-2012, 03:37 PM
You hit the nail right on the head. It upsets me to read your commentary to help this guy understand the situation and he doesn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. You can actually see where this guys business is headed because of his thought process with his comments.

I have done my homework. Today the GAO revealed the federal reserve gave 16 trillion in bailouts. This is taxpayer money that should be used on infrastructure not propping up a failed business model. A few trillion went to foreign banks. Romney himself took bailout money to save Bain capital. These people are all involved in defrauding Americans.

The republican platform this year has a VAT tax in it.
WHAT IS A VAT? It's a sales tax, used mainly by the Europeans, that layers taxes on a product at each stage of manufacture and distribution, from raw materialto final sale. The nonpartisan Tax Foundation offers this example: "Take a wooden table sold at retail and a 10% VAT rate. The lumber company sells the wood to the furniture maker for $50, paying $5 (10% of $50) to the government. The furniture maker sells the table to the retailer for $120, sending $7 ($120 - $50 = $70 X 10% = $7) to the government. The retailer sells the finished table to a customer for $150, sending $3 to the government ($150 - $120 = $30 X 10% = $3). The total tax paid is $15, or 10% of the final retail price." This will increase prices to do business. As I will be paying a extra 10% on materials. This will be passed on to consumers giving them even less income.

The only thing that effects my business is homeowners having less disposable income. Until someone does something to correct runaway inflation they wont. Even so my business is 70% commercial so I will still be here if things take a turn for the worst. I already have $60k in contracts for 2013.

A homeowner will pay their mortgage, grocery or utility bill before paying for their lawn work. The simple fact is we're the first to get cut in the budget.

stevef1201
09-02-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm all politicked out. I can't watch any more commercials. I won't watch any more speeches.

I'm going to go pull the lever that will best remove the Kenyan Wonder. Nothing will change my thinking unless Jesus returns and they allow him on the ballot. His arrest record will be the subject of many an attack ad though. :p

I plan on voting the Mickey Mouse / Donald Duck ticket. They cannot screw up the country any more.

Remember poly- many
tics- blood sucking insects

politics-use your brain

dpld
09-02-2012, 04:32 PM
I plan on voting the Mickey Mouse / Donald Duck ticket. They cannot screw up the country any more.

Remember poly- many
tics- blood sucking insects

politics-use your brain

america already voted for mickey mouse in 2008 and that has not worked out too well.

dpld
09-02-2012, 04:39 PM
I have done my homework. Today the GAO revealed the federal reserve gave 16 trillion in bailouts. This is taxpayer money that should be used on infrastructure not propping up a failed business model. A few trillion went to foreign banks. Romney himself took bailout money to save Bain capital. These people are all involved in defrauding Americans.

The republican platform this year has a VAT tax in it.
This will increase prices to do business. As I will be paying a extra 10% on materials. This will be passed on to consumers giving them even less income.

The only thing that effects my business is homeowners having less disposable income. Until someone does something to correct runaway inflation they wont. Even so my business is 70% commercial so I will still be here if things take a turn for the worst. I already have $60k in contracts for 2013.

A homeowner will pay their mortgage, grocery or utility bill before paying for their lawn work. The simple fact is we're the first to get cut in the budget.

my business is 100% commercial and i have 500 k in contracts for 2013 and if you think they will not be making cuts in spending if things get worse then you are in fantasy land because they are already doing so.

even in a corporate setting there will not be much need to cut the grass if they go out of business or move overseas and these homeowners you speak of need jobs that these greedy corporations provide and they have the money and the power to make it all go away if they don't like it.

as the old saying goes, " don't bite the hand that feeds you ".

Shark1611
09-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Have any of you watched this? Wow if even 1/2 of it is true we are in bigger trouble if he gets 4 more years.