PDA

View Full Version : Need some help!!

LawnCareKnox
08-27-2012, 11:57 PM
I have a yard that has a large koi pond that I weedeat around. I need advice for mowing along the edge of the pond without spraying the clipping all in the pond. I'v tried from all directions and it still fills the pond.

CHEESE2009
08-28-2012, 12:00 AM
I have a yard that has a large koi pond that I weedeat around. I need advice for mowing along the edge of the pond without spraying the clipping all in the pond. I'v tried from all directions and it still fills the pond.

There is nothing you can do.

The client should put a tarp over it before each visit you make, just like you'd expect them to do for swimming pools.

I had a client who asked me to trim walking backwards, so the grass would fly away from the pool... FCK that. Stick to your system, do every lawn the same way. Clients need to have some responsibility.

The way you work doesn't come custom, ever!

The client may ask you to do ridiculous things to waste your time trying not to get grass in the pond, just tell the man or woman to bend over, and shove your trimmer right up their a$$es!

-

If you MUST have a solution, you gotta give your client the ultimatum:

1. Cover the pond before I arrive.

2. If it's not covered, I don't work around it. I may charge you extra to trim around it next time if it's overgrown.

LawnCareKnox
08-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Cool! I appreciate the heads up. I was afraid I was doing something incorrectly. The koi pond runs from the top of the yard and cascades downward about 30ft. So when I weedeat from top down the clippings gather at the bottom where nemo lives. There is a rock barrier, but grass has gone to seed through the rocks over hanging over the pond. The customer isn't upset (that I know of) Infact, she said it is ok, but it makes me feel a little unprofessional to leave such a crazy mess. I know she has to scoop it out and I hope no potential threat to nemo

CHEESE2009
08-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Tell her to bring her fish inside when you work LOL.

I can just picture her putting a leash on it, and dragging it back into her house.... but, only my clients would do something like that.

Steve
08-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Maybe if they are willing to pay more for your time, could you use a hedge trimmer on the grass around the pond? Then rake the clippings up after?

Sprinkler Buddy
08-28-2012, 03:25 PM
See if they would be interested in putting some kind of border or bed with rock, etc... so you don't have to get so close. It'll look nicer and make your job easier in the long run.