PDA

View Full Version : Tall Grass cut by homeowner then he hires a lowballer

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-26-2012, 12:36 AM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4l3cXSx_xr8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4l3cXSx_xr8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I was watching this video and the homeowner was driving away when he seen a lawn service. So he ask how much to cut his grass to prove how much a pro would charge. Except these guys were extreme lowballers. When he asked how much they said $50. His jaw drops. Then hes like screw it. Ill hire them. It took 2 guys 4 hours to do it.

CS-LawnService
08-26-2012, 05:57 AM
he look on the home owners face ws priceless when they said 50 .

Sprinkler Buddy
08-26-2012, 07:08 AM
I can't believe it took 2 guys 4 hrs to do that small job. Funny video! LoL

dpld
08-26-2012, 09:01 AM
that is funny. the homeowner acts as if he knows what he is talking about and how to do it as well as he is trying to say it will cost some ridiculous amount of money probably to justify spending the money he did on the mower and trimmer.

and then he is like, duh? when Paco Ramone comes in at 50.00 to do it and it takes him 4 hrs to do it with a helper.
they were making 6.25 a hour each before gas and equipment.

that is why i am so glad i don't waste my time with homeowners anymore because you not only have to deal with their cheap azzes you also got to deal with the lowballers as well.

i will not say everything i do is peaches and cream but, being i do all commercial and in most cases you are dealing with a management company. their commission is based on the dollar amount of the contract so they don't want to hire the most expensive company because they want the property owner to know they are looking out for their best interest.
but they will not hire a lowballer because they know they are clueless based on their price as well as they won't make any money if the contractor is giving it away either.

either way nice video and thanks for posting, it gave me a good laugh.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
08-26-2012, 09:01 AM
That's insane! The price and how long it took!!!

bruces
08-26-2012, 09:31 AM
pretty sure the guy said at the end that it was 4 hours that he spent weed-eating and hauling the grass out ,not the guys he hired .

LawnBoy0311
08-26-2012, 10:53 AM
pretty sure the guy said at the end that it was 4 hours that he spent weed-eating and hauling the grass out ,not the guys he hired .

I thought I heard the same. Unreal they did it for $50...

CHEESE2009
08-26-2012, 12:58 PM
I would trim grass like that from the top to bottom, but that's just me.
I wouldn't want my mower clogging every second when I go to bag those clippings.

Why the hell was his lawn so nasty to begin with?

MORE MORE MORE!!!

-

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU HAVE CHARGED?

Me, I would have not done the job! It did look pretty simple though, the grass looked dry, what do you think?

The Cleaning Doctor
08-26-2012, 03:30 PM
The 4 hours is how long it took him to do the front yard.

The yard was like that because this was a house flip that he just bought. He talks about fixing up houses at the start of the video.

Knock it down with a weedeater and then after picking up the grass go over it with a mower to give it a finish cut.

dpld
08-26-2012, 05:18 PM

The yard was like that because this was a house flip that he just bought. He talks about fixing up houses at the start of the video.

Knock it down with a weedeater and then after picking up the grass go over it with a mower to give it a finish cut.

either way he can not be a very good house flipper because his advice on how to cut the tall grass was bad and his assessment on how much it would have cost to do the yard in the first place was way off.

even though it did not say how long it took for the landscapers to do the yard i doubt it took them 4 hrs and they probably said the 50.00 price in hopes of gaining another lawn to do which pretty much fits the mindset of most guys in the business.

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-26-2012, 05:49 PM
either way he can not be a very good house flipper because his advice on how to cut the tall grass was bad and his assessment on how much it would have cost to do the yard in the first place was way off.

even though it did not say how long it took for the landscapers to do the yard i doubt it took them 4 hrs and they probably said the 50.00 price in hopes of gaining another lawn to do which pretty much fits the mindset of most guys in the business.

Even with that being said. I still wouldve charged around $200 for the back and another $50-$75 to remove. If you notice the grass in the front was removed so they took that with them.

dpld
08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Even with that being said. I still wouldve charged around $200 for the back and another $50-$75 to remove. If you notice the grass in the front was removed so they took that with them.

i agree with you 100% that the actual 50.00 price was ridiculous but i guess the dude did what he had to do, you know?

i just got humor in his attitude that he actually thought he was teaching anyone anything with how to use the trimmer and go about a overgrown lawn as well as his numbers of what he thought it would have cost to do it.

i thought i heard him rattle off that a landscaper would have charged 7 to 8 hundred bucks to do it and in a perfect world for us as landscapers it would be nice to say yeah.
but the norm for most would be two to four hundred bucks in my area and if most of us were pricing that high even though we would all love to we would not be getting much work or we did not want it.

the biggest humor i found was he had tons of flubbs in the video to begin with and he still broadcast it, it was not like he had to even put it on youtube.

it just goes to show that some people think they can do no wrong even when they are watching themselves do it.

The Cleaning Doctor
08-26-2012, 06:22 PM
i thought he was bogging down that trimmer pretty good. When I have had to cut stuff like that, I just threw on the brush blade and went to town. Worked much faster through the thick stuff.

dpld
08-26-2012, 07:02 PM
i thought he was bogging down that trimmer pretty good. When I have had to cut stuff like that, I just threw on the brush blade and went to town. Worked much faster through the thick stuff.

i usually start from the top and work down, it makes it easier for the machine and chops up finer.
i find when you go right into the bottom with a string trimmer you got all these long pieces of grass getting tangled in the trimmer head and that just slows you down too much.

but then again i would not be caught dead doing a job like that anyway.

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-26-2012, 07:07 PM
i agree with you 100% that the actual 50.00 price was ridiculous but i guess the dude did what he had to do, you know?

i just got humor in his attitude that he actually thought he was teaching anyone anything with how to use the trimmer and go about a overgrown lawn as well as his numbers of what he thought it would have cost to do it.

i thought i heard him rattle off that a landscaper would have charged 7 to 8 hundred bucks to do it and in a perfect world for us as landscapers it would be nice to say yeah.
but the norm for most would be two to four hundred bucks in my area and if most of us were pricing that high even though we would all love to we would not be getting much work or we did not want it.

the biggest humor i found was he had tons of flubbs in the video to begin with and he still broadcast it, it was not like he had to even put it on youtube.

it just goes to show that some people think they can do no wrong even when they are watching themselves do it.

To make it worse his advice was not to rent a brushhog. A brushhog wouldve did the back and front in 30 minutes. Of course whats the point of renting when you have Pablo and Jesus.

mark123
08-27-2012, 06:27 AM
I'd do it for $50 if he signed up for the rest of the year. It wouldn't look good for the first 3 weeks though. I would never use a weedwhacker to knock it down first. That's madness.

For a one time cut though, I'd say $250.

Grass Doctor
08-27-2012, 01:33 PM

i agree he said it took him 4 hours to do it himself the guys took less
that guy its not mexican he talk with an oriental accent.