PDA

View Full Version : Just got slammed with new accounts!

Rodriguez11
08-21-2012, 05:01 PM
So like the title says I just got hit hard with some new accounts, I cant complain because its 31 Burger Kings in my area. I just bought a company two weeks ago and added 58 new accounts to my list of customers! Now I am adding 31 more! Crazy, but here is my dilemma.. I need trucks and I am willing to go new for the warranty and ease of matching work trucks. I have a 2009 silverado ltz that I am considering trading in so I can get 2 reg cab work trucks to send a couple guys out in one and I can work from the other. I have put 20,000 miles on my truck since last november when I bought it, value is dropping fast so I rather get some reliable work trucks that I can get some major work done. I am looking at the reg cab silverado 1500wt 2x4's with either the 4.8 v8 or the v6.... And I have been reading up on the Ford work trucks that come with the ecoboost... Any suggestions on a good route to go?? I am leaning towards the two chevy's just because I am a GM man but if Ford tough is the way to go that's what I will do.

xandrew245x
08-21-2012, 06:12 PM
What are you making on the accounts? Are they giving you free soda and whoppers as a perk? How did you even get the op to bid on this?

Sorry I have no advice for the truck situation btw lol

I would never buy a new truck for my business.....unless I had a load of cash I needed to get rid of.

Just look around for another decent, low mileage used truck, and then use that one and the one you have now. Seems like the more sensible option.

willshome
08-21-2012, 06:23 PM
the ford ecoboost is getting good write ups and mpg
What are you towing?
what about a small dump truck? Do you do a lot of mulch, cleanups?

Hedgemaster
08-21-2012, 06:29 PM
So like the title says I just got hit hard with some new accounts, I cant complain because its 31 Burger Kings in my area. I just bought a company two weeks ago and added 58 new accounts to my list of customers! Now I am adding 31 more! Crazy, but here is my dilemma.. I need trucks and I am willing to go new for the warranty and ease of matching work trucks. I have a 2009 silverado ltz that I am considering trading in so I can get 2 reg cab work trucks to send a couple guys out in one and I can work from the other. I have put 20,000 miles on my truck since last november when I bought it, value is dropping fast so I rather get some reliable work trucks that I can get some major work done. I am looking at the reg cab silverado 1500wt 2x4's with either the 4.8 v8 or the v6.... And I have been reading up on the Ford work trucks that come with the ecoboost... Any suggestions on a good route to go?? I am leaning towards the two chevy's just because I am a GM man but if Ford tough is the way to go that's what I will do.

Chevy. Ford. "check".

I don't see the "D" word in there, so that tells me you have your head screwed on straight.

:D

I don't know what to suggest. I've had my Silverado for ten years and have been nothing but happy with it. (as a work truck for going on 3 now)
5.3 V8 and not great on gas, but I wouldn't be happy with less. If you don't need the power though and are running on flat land, maybe it's worth it for the fuel savings to go smaller - IF the engines are as good over the long haul.

Rodriguez11
08-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Well 19 of the burger kings are in my city, 12 more are in a city 45 minutes away..
I got this opportunity just like with my 20 dollar generals from my parents company which is a Facility Maintenance company that cover major contracts for people like CVS, Rite Aid, Dollar Generals, and some other bigger names. They actually get subbed work from a middle man between them and the big names then she is basically another middleman passing on work in I think 13 states. It's is nice to have a good connection especially being my mom I get the full amount she bills for.
The reason for getting the new trucks is because I now have 85,000 miles on a 2009 truck with 35" tires getting a whopping 7.8 city that should sell for $30k easy but since I have put tons of miles on it and tearing leather up with workers in and out it's killing the value everyday. I rather sell it while I can, get two trucks, put my guys in one and I can find another guy to work with me then eventually put another guy in that truck and I am done with actually cutting everyday. My goal is to get in the office, market myself and do some bigger jobs.

I'm towing a 14' open with 2 zero turns usually about 1100lbs each. Sometimes just zero turn and walk behind.
I stopped pulling my 18' enclosed cuz that sucker is heavy!

Rodriguez11
08-21-2012, 10:43 PM
And the "D" word will never ever be in my driveway. We have a 08 f350 that is great (horrible gas mileage) but I think fords are pretty tough I just really like chevy

bruces
08-22-2012, 12:04 AM
I have 3 gm v6 work trucks currently,couldnt be happier with the fuel mileage although they dont have the power my old 350 vortec did for towing .I was happy with my 350's fuel mileage ,but the v6 are saving at least $50.00 EACH per week .I also have to say buying used trucks is the way to go ,nothing fancy required

The Cleaning Doctor
08-22-2012, 07:11 AM
You can normally find some off lease fleet trucks at a pretty reasonable rate. Like around 5k or less. You can buy 4-5 of those compared to the cost of a new truck.

stevef1201
08-22-2012, 12:03 PM
My first suggestion is to go to your bank and talk to someone there about a loan,
second is NOT TO BUY anything but go with a commercial lease
third is contact SCORE for REAL advice from REAL business people. (this should be first I guess)
fourth is contact the SBA, you are going to need real financing, trucks, mowers, edgers, rimmers, blowers, trailers, operating capitol, to pay for gas oil etc, and PAYROLL. you should look into a SBA loan for about 250K. Besides if you go bankrupt its not your money.

Oh by the way INCORPERATE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you take your signed contracts to the bank, to show what the income is (they will not beleive your word) you have a better chance of proving your income and there by a better chance of getting a loan.

Steve
08-22-2012, 12:10 PM
I now have 85,000 miles on a 2009 truck with 35" tires getting a whopping 7.8 city that should sell for $30k easy but since I have put tons of miles on it and tearing leather up with workers in and out it's killing the value everyday. I rather sell it while I can, get two trucks

I think it makes sense to do this. With the growth you have now, it sounds like you would benefit a lot more from the two trucks versus the one.

Keep us posted on how this goes.

Rodriguez11
08-23-2012, 03:00 PM
In regards to getting a $250k loan I am actually financially able to pay for everything I have a lot of accounts that are good money and easy work. I am billing out $23k a month right now with these new Burger King contracts and fuel cost me $1500 a month and labor is about $4500. Mowers are paid off and I have 3 zero turns and one walk behind, I am good on that note for now. I was just thinking new trucks because I am only 23 so I have a long long road ahead in building my company. If I can make it this far in 7 years who knows how far I can actually grow!

Steve
08-24-2012, 10:22 AM
That is fantastic! I hope you grow as big as you want to!

LawnCareMan280
10-19-2012, 10:26 PM

What are you going to get if you have lots of towing to do get a ford super duty but if you have less stuff to haul you should get the new ford f150 with ecoboost.