PDA

View Full Version : Welded up a new blower rack

bennyhill18201
08-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Thought I would post if anyone wanted to do one and needed some ideas. And the finished tool rack..

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-20-2012, 08:29 PM
your starting to piss me off benny. I need you and your damn welder up here.

It looks real nice.

bennyhill18201
08-20-2012, 09:44 PM
your starting to piss me off benny. I need you and your damn welder up here.

It looks real nice.

Sorry what do you need done if I can I'll weld you what you need as much as I can and leave just enuf to bolt the rest and I'll see what it will cost to send only charge what it cost for the metal and the shipping . :)

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Shipping would be to much. I need a 6x4 ramp gate made. I did find a guy that said he would do it for $100. Will see what happens.

Other then that I have a trimmer rack on my truck. Its not working to good so I need to make like a U shape with angle iron to fit in the stake pockets and go over the bed rails. The rack would bolt right to it.

I kinda want one of those ladder racks that go on one side. There pretty cheap but it should only be a few bucks for materials.

Ill take that backpack rack off your hands too. :)

I might buy a welder soon, if this guy doesnt come through. I just dont know how much trial and error it will take to do good welds. Do you need a 220 to work with this type of steel or will a smaller one do?

dhumphryes
08-21-2012, 12:32 AM
benny, i would love to see how much that rack would cost build and ship to me. in 32405

thanks

David H

Steve
08-21-2012, 03:52 PM
How did you make that! That is so cool! Did you draw it out first to design it or did you just piece it together as you went?

bennyhill18201
08-21-2012, 03:59 PM
How did you make that! That is so cool! Did you draw it out first to design it or did you just piece it together as you went?

I just piece it together from the metal scrap I have. I wanted to get the blower out of the trailer, I might rebuild it I've been thinking of a different one to build more like the green touch one.. I made 1 other one and sold it already.

bennyhill18201
08-21-2012, 04:05 PM
benny, i would love to see how much that rack would cost build and ship to me. in 32405

thanks

David H

The metal is about $10 and I'll check on how many lbs it is and get a price. I would make it so it has the center brace to bolt on so it would ship somewhat flat and I'll let you know ...I will only charge what the metal and shipping cost to everyone on the forum cause I get all my welding wire and the gas for the welder free.

mac83
08-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Swweet ! i need one of those toooo! great job there buddy let me know what it would cost to ship to ( 38401 in Tn ) keep up the good work

Steve
08-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Who knows! You might have found a new business opportunity with this!

bennyhill18201
08-23-2012, 06:08 AM
Seems like its going to be around $50 and under to ship. As soon as I get some time now that in working full time at a new job and doing the lawn care on the side times tight. Ever shipper wanted me to bring it to them so they could see witch one of there boxes it would go into. I seen so many diff. price's to ship it drove me nuts there were like 15 diff.prices . And Steve I could have a job full time welding right now but nah did it for a few years I like doing it but not full time. Let me get threw this first 2 weeks of the new job and I'll start building some up if you guys want something added or taking off let me know.