PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Game

CHEESE2009
08-20-2012, 08:21 AM
So I finally decided to stick to a project, normally my A.D.D refuses to let me complete anything.

I'm in the process of creating a lawn mowing game.. I think. Not sure where I want to go from here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kMb_ezLh-ko?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is SOOOO much to add. Basically, all you are looking at is pixel art with textures, a tractor that rotates towards the cursor, and moves towards it. There's also a lousy hit test, which I demonstrate when the tractor hits the curb.

That's all lol.

I'd like to add the ability to stripe the grass, engage the blades, crash into trees, etc. Fun fun fun.

but... what should be the goal?

Steve
08-20-2012, 01:19 PM
I don't know how crazy you want to go but can you have zombies emerge from the ground and then run them over to get points?

Once you get enough points, it takes you to a new, richer or larger lawn area?

Maybe you run over dog doo or even a dog and you lose points?

LawnBoy0311
08-20-2012, 06:19 PM
I like steves idea! Mow for points to save up and buy better equipment.

Steve
08-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Yea then you can go to a store and upgrade to go faster and mow more! Maybe your mower can have machine guns on it too :)

CHEESE2009
08-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Maybe if I add a customer standing in the driveway...

Your character will have a "eye contact meter", if you make eye contact with the client, you'll have to stop mowing for 10 minutes.

It'll be just like real life!

I can call the game, "B.S SIMULATOR - LAWN MAINTENANCE EDITION"

LawnBoy0311
08-22-2012, 04:11 AM
running over animals could be bonus points!

Steve
08-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Your character will have a "eye contact meter", if you make eye contact with the client, you'll have to stop mowing for 10 minutes.

HAHAHHAHHAH that would be awesome.

HPI_Savage25
08-22-2012, 10:13 PM
I like the sound of this!!

On a side note...I am working on my own game myself....except this will be a web based game.

Something like hotrodwars.com

simple but fun!