PDA

View Full Version : How to best avoid rutting with ztr?

w0283767
08-17-2012, 09:39 PM
I just got my new ztr today and have a lot to learn with it. I had never really used on before I got this one. The first day I cut with it was a rainy day and turf was wet. I noticed my wheels were causing a little rutting. How long do you guys wait to mow after a rain? Or do you just use the push mower on wet days?

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-17-2012, 11:37 PM
links on your website are broken.

If its to wet we dont mow. Other then that wider tires will distribute the weight better.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
08-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Same as select we dont mow when its wet. Some tips wider tires or deflate yours a little. Very slow turns help too. Turn on pavement if possible but it will leave grass marks that are hard to get out

Cashin H&P
08-18-2012, 02:22 PM
do 3 point turns instead of zero turns it wont rip up the grass.

w0283767
08-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I dOnt understand how my links get broken. I havent messed with my site at all and last time I visited website they worked.

xandrew245x
08-18-2012, 05:16 PM
My mower is notorious for ripping up turf if I make a single turn. What I do is turn slightly to the direction that I need to go, then backup some, and pull forward making the turn the rest of the way, I never once ripped up turf using this method.

I am going to try deflating my tires a little and see if it maybe makes a difference.

Lopes Lawn Care
08-18-2012, 06:00 PM
How do you guys get away with not mowing when it's wet? If i did that i would never get anything done. I've been dealing with the clumbs and nastiness for far to long. How do you guys deal?

mark123
08-18-2012, 09:12 PM
How do you guys get away with not mowing when it's wet? If i did that i would never get anything done. I've been dealing with the clumbs and nastiness for far to long. How do you guys deal?
It rained lightly on Friday and I just decided to get the route done. I put two blades on each spindle and kept mowing.