PDA

View Full Version : first time I seen this

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-12-2012, 08:31 PM
I went to do a bid today for mulch, clean up, junk removal, and a walkway. I notice a dump truck in the driveway and asked about it. I guess the guy that was doing the concrete patio just up and left, tools, truck, and all. Its been sitting there for months with the keys in it. Have you ever seen something like this?

Hedgemaster
08-12-2012, 08:36 PM
At about day number three, I'd have put it in neutral and let it roll down the street.

That's crazy. Maybe he's in prison.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-12-2012, 09:14 PM
He might be locked up or worse.

brian'slawncare
08-12-2012, 09:21 PM
offer to take it off their hand for them :D

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-12-2012, 09:32 PM
offer to take it off their hand for them :D

She mentioned immigration I thought he mightve been arrested. Either way part of the job is throwing his ladders away(onto my truck). I could offer to move it but it might open up a can of worms.

The Cleaning Doctor
08-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Scrap prices are pretty high right now.... Just saying...:rolleyes:

Apex Lawn & Landscape
08-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Seriously dude ...another hook up found by SECT!! I think after 90 days that property becomes theirs...offer to take it off their hands...Jesus walks with you my friend..and I'm not talking about Jesus (heyzueus) that was arrested. Lol

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Seriously dude ...another hook up found by SECT!! I think after 90 days that property becomes theirs...offer to take it off their hands...Jesus walks with you my friend..and I'm not talking about Jesus (heyzueus) that was arrested. Lol

Not having any luck finding info to claim the truck in my ****ty state. I only seen it for tow truck drivers. The property owners could charge him storage fees forcing him to sell the truck to them but thats a PITA.

Lopes Lawn Care
08-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah man it sounds like immigration. Seen that happen to a few brazilian dudes around here. People come here set up shop get busted or almost busted and vanish, leaving all their equipment behind. I was looking at this dump truck that was for sale down the road and couldn't get any info cause the guy was "out of town". After a year the thing just vanished.

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
08-13-2012, 07:17 AM
I know in Pa the property owner has too make an attempt to contact the vehicle owner via certified or whatever, after no response then they must contact certified tower and they in turn can request a new title under abandonment and or salvage...The property owner can not just sell it or give it away....

Steve
08-13-2012, 12:32 PM
I am surprised the home owner has just left it there and not parked it out in the middle of the street for towing.

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
08-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Did someone say tool sale ?? :D I'm in.........

The Cleaning Doctor
08-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Honestly, contact the sherriffs department and find out the procedure for abandoned vehicles. You just may get it for FREE.

mark123
08-13-2012, 07:13 PM
My neighbor, a really nice elderly lady, had some shyster do some painting and gutter work at her house. He would leave his truck in her driveway for 3 or 4 days, then show up, do an hours worth of work and then leave it again. Eventually it ended up in her garage for a month. Apparently, the guy was working at multiple places and taking advances and using the money to get wasted and never finishing the jobs. She had to sue him to get some of the money back and to get him to remove his truck from her property.

Johnny_boy02
08-14-2012, 12:16 AM
The last house I rented was new when we moved in. The landlord hired the cheapest Mexicans he could find to pour a walkway, back patio and put in irrigation.

Their rototiller blew a tire and it alone with a small generator and random tools sat in my back yard for 2 months before I put it all on Craigslist.

The funny thing is 2 days after it all sold the dude came back looking for it and knocked on my door pissed because I "stole" his stuff.

I told him 1) I have no idea what you are talking about.But if the stuff were still there months later you would owe me storage fees anyway. and 2) You are trespassing, and if you come back I will press charges.

I made like $400. Who leaves there rototiller in the middle of a strangers backyard and expects it to be there months later?.....

mark123
08-14-2012, 11:38 PM
The last house I rented was new when we moved in. The landlord hired the cheapest Mexicans he could find to pour a walkway, back patio and put in irrigation.

Their rototiller blew a tire and it alone with a small generator and random tools sat in my back yard for 2 months before I put it all on Craigslist.

The funny thing is 2 days after it all sold the dude came back looking for it and knocked on my door pissed because I "stole" his stuff.

I told him 1) I have no idea what you are talking about.But if the stuff were still there months later you would owe me storage fees anyway. and 2) You are trespassing, and if you come back I will press charges.

I made like $400. Who leaves there rototiller in the middle of a strangers backyard and expects it to be there months later?.....

HAHA! It's like a bed time story with a happy ending. :D

Tell it again!

LawnBoy0311
08-15-2012, 08:46 AM

Reminds me of when I was a kid my dad did something like that. They had a deck put on the back of the house. The guy who did it left his tools and was never to be seen again. He also had a big NICE sign in the yard, probably did one of those "I'll give you a discount if you put this in your yard" type thing. My dad took the sign down after a few weeks, and put his tools in the garage. The guy came back a month later all pissed off. He claimed he was going to sue my dad...anyway...things got ugly. My dad ended up sueing him, and I got some pretty cool tools!

Steve
08-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Take a picture of the truck the next time you are there :)