PDA

View Full Version : Amazed by craiglist

xandrew245x
08-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm just browsing around craiglist and i'm finding all kinds of crazy deals. This one guy is selling a 2011 52" exmark pioneer and a 5x10 carry on all for $3900. The mower has less than 9 hours on it!

I was looking at a tracvac a guy was selling for $200 just listed today, and someone bought it already. Great deals don't last long!

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-10-2012, 08:19 PM
they sure dont. When you see new mowers with trailers. Thats a lawn care op that didnt make it. I see a couple every few weeks.

xandrew245x
08-10-2012, 08:22 PM
I know I really shouldn't, but hell if he still has it and will sell just the mower, I would be all over that!, its practically brand new at half the price!

I'm a lot of talk too:p probably wouldn't even buy it, even though I have the cash in my pocket

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-10-2012, 08:27 PM
he probably will have trouble selling it. Once you get in the $3500 and up price range. Few have that kind of coin laying around. The only ones are other businesses. This is how I get most my mowers. Did you see the trailer I picked up for $500 today?

If I was you I would offer him 3k and sells yours for $1500. This mower will last 3500-4000 hours if taken care of.

xandrew245x
08-10-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm thinking about it...and I have just the person to sell my mower to. My relatives just moved into the house my mom is renting out, and he was asking me about zero turns, if I give him a good deal on mine, i bet he would buy it hands down, I mean, it really doesn't even have that many hours on it.

I have to see if this guy even has it still first.

xandrew245x
08-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Hmm, so far I have made over $1500 with the mower I have now, so if I sold it for 1500, I really don't lose much, and i'm getting a great mower for a great price. Well I need to hold on and see if this guy even has it, and IF I can sell my mower.

Hedgemaster
08-10-2012, 08:50 PM
If you hadn't bought that twenty thousand dollar TOY, you'd have the money to buy the equipment you need to do the job "right".

http://daddytypes.com/archive/mbusa_300sl_pedalcar.jpg

:p

xandrew245x
08-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Hahahahaha, very funny:p

Truthfully I have the cash right now to buy that mower, and if something goes wrong....hell, I could probably get as much as I bought it for back lol!!!

Ps....I have been hoarding my money for a long time, so I have quite the savings account built up.

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-10-2012, 08:55 PM
If you hadn't bought that twenty thousand dollar TOY, you'd have the money to buy the equipment you need to do the job "right".

http://daddytypes.com/archive/mbusa_300sl_pedalcar.jpg

:p

Listen to this man. He bought a mower just like yours and returned it before ever using it and bought a real mower.

xandrew245x
08-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah you bought that husqvarna residential didn't you hedge?

Well, I am probably going to need a new mower by next season, so maybe get a great deal now and end up a head in the long run?:confused:

I offered the guy my mower+1500, maybe he will bite :p

BTW, I have my own personal bank, my mom will lend me money because I always pay her back faithfully:D Unlike some other family members! But i won't go there!

xandrew245x
08-10-2012, 09:11 PM
I found the pricing on them, that unit new is $6900.

LawnBoy0311
08-10-2012, 09:20 PM
get a serial number to confirm its not stolen...some deals are too good to be true.

xandrew245x
08-10-2012, 09:22 PM
He said he has the bill of sale for both the mower and trailer. I defiantly want to go look at it, so if he can show me the bill of sale, I think i'll give the dealer a call and see if he really bought it or not.

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-10-2012, 09:46 PM
He said he has the bill of sale for both the mower and trailer. I defiantly want to go look at it, so if he can show me the bill of sale, I think i'll give the dealer a call and see if he really bought it or not.

at the sametime ask if the warranty is transferable.

xandrew245x
08-10-2012, 09:58 PM

Okay, he didn't leave a phone number or anything, so I emailed him, I also put my mower up on craigslist to see if I get any hits on that. I would like to get his number so I could talk to him a little more about it tomorrow, maybe buy the weekend i'll be driving home with a almost brand new mower:D

DudleysLawnCare
08-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Do you live in Maryland because I see the same add description on Craigslist.

xandrew245x
08-11-2012, 06:55 PM
I live really close to maryland.

He put another listing up that doesn't say anything about the trailer and he wants $3900, the picture of the trailer is still on there though. I didn't hear anything back, so I sent him another email.

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
08-11-2012, 07:10 PM
you better be careful...don't get burned..it sounds kinda iffy...:eek:

xandrew245x
08-12-2012, 05:47 AM
Yeah, thats the only thing I don't like buying used equipment, unless its coming from a dealer.

I am going to check it out before I buy it, make sure it runs okay, and cuts, and everything. If he won't sell it for under 3,000 then i'm not even interested anymore.

willshome
08-12-2012, 06:49 AM
I live really close to maryland.

He put another listing up that doesn't say anything about the trailer and he wants $3900, the picture of the trailer is still on there though. I didn't hear anything back, so I sent him another email.

sound like someone email fishing. They put things on c-list just to get email addresses. If you start getting junk mail you know why

wandfsmall
08-12-2012, 09:29 AM

most of the time the warranty is NOT transferable I only know of 2 companies that allow this and you would have to have it done at a dealer.

xandrew245x
08-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Pretty sure its a scam of some type, I have sent an email from three different email addresses, and still have gotten nothing back, so i'm going to let that one go.

I did find a pretty nice exmark 48" walk behind for 1500 obo, hydrostatic drive, 17hp Kawasaki and floating deck

08-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Pretty sure its a scam of some type, I have sent an email from three different email addresses, and still have gotten nothing back, so i'm going to let that one go.

I did find a pretty nice exmark 48" walk behind for 1500 obo, hydrostatic drive, 17hp Kawasaki and floating deck

Exmark :):):):):):):):) Good choice !!!

xandrew245x
08-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Haha, I didn't buy it, but if the price is right I would like to look at it, it comes with a sulky too.

xandrew245x
08-14-2012, 05:30 PM
It was a scam, here's the email reply I got.

Hi,

Thanks for being interested in buying my**2011 52" Exmark Pioneer S-Series Zero Turn & 5'X10' Dovetail Trailer C** !
I will start my email by telling you that I'm currently out of country so pick up isn't an option. Right now I'm in Italy, just arrived here 3 days ago.
Before I left I found a buyer and I had everything arranged. I paid for the shipping and almost sent it to him. But yesterday the buyer that I had asked me to wait another 4 weeks because he suddenly had other priorities and he is out of money for the moment.
I can't wait this long as I arrive in Italy 3 days ago, and i really need the money, I am in the moving process, changing the work place and everything. A major issue is that if you want to buy my item you really need to have the money ready for it.
The item is as described, in perfect condition and if you accept the deal, it will be delivered at your home address (the item remained in the custody of the shipping company only waiting for a new receiver).
Total price, with shipping included, will be $3900 and the transaction will be made only through eBay because i am not in the country anymore and this way it's safer for both (the transaction will be handled by the eBay Buyer Protection Program).
This purchase protection guarantees that the item is exactly as I described; basically, once delivered, you'll have 10 working days to inspect it at your home and if you decide not to keep it you will get refunded in no time and they will charge me with the return costs. If the item meets your expectations and you want to keep it you will have to tell them to release the payment to me. If you are interested in this purchase please reply me with your full name and shipping address. After that i will pass your details to eBay and you will receive an invoice and further instructions as how you will be able to get possession of the item .

Warmest regards

Steve
08-15-2012, 11:51 AM
WOW it's amazing how these scammers are everywhere on craigslist!

lonestarlawn
08-15-2012, 12:18 PM
A friend of mine came across this same type of scam a few weeks ago. He found 2 free english bulldog pups on craigslist, all he had to do was send something like $500.00 to the frieght company that was holding them.

I told him if he sent the money he should never tell me because I would be laughing every time I saw him.

I've got some good deals on craigslist but if I sell it's for cash only and only buy in person.

xandrew245x
08-15-2012, 06:16 PM
WOW it's amazing how these scammers are everywhere on craigslist!

Yeah it is crazy, but what do you do, craigslist does have some amazing deals.

Speaking of! I can't help myself, I am going to look at an exmark 52" hydro drive walk behind, listed for $1200 but I could probably talk him down!

If i can get him down to $900 I will take it in a heartbeat

Its a little rough around the edges, but doesn't look to bad, if it cuts and runs well, then i think its worth the price.

Hedgemaster
08-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Good luck. When I was looking, I couldn't find a 36" gear drive that wasn't beat to he11 for less than $1,500.

I'm sure there are deals out there, but I sure couldn't find any.

xandrew245x
08-15-2012, 06:33 PM
I find a whole bunch of good deals...but they always sell them before I get to them!

This mower looks like its been put through its paces, but for a cheap price you can't beat it, at least I wouldn't have to worry about scratching it up :p

08-15-2012, 06:43 PM
There are alot of great deals to be made on there , it's like everything else though, a few dick heads ruin it for everyone else...:cool:

xandrew245x
08-16-2012, 07:09 AM
There are alot of great deals to be made on there , it's like everything else though, a few dick heads ruin it for everyone else...:cool:

That is so true!