PDA

View Full Version : Rain ! Rain ! Rain !

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
08-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Needed to get alot done today and now the weather is not working with me !! looks like I'll be mowing over the weekend to stay caught up :(

LawnBoy0311
08-10-2012, 07:48 AM
i'm with you buddy. this sucks. i was really hoping to have the weekend off.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
08-10-2012, 08:40 AM
After the drought we just had here In my area..I'll never complain of rain again. I know it's tough to reschedule and move things around..but be happy you have work that your able to reschedule. Best of luck

Hedgemaster
08-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Did you guys not recently experience severe drought conditions like the rest of the country?

I'm sitting at home too, but I'm not complaining about what is keeping me in business.

ETA: Is there an echo in here? LOL

08-10-2012, 09:49 AM
We don't have the conditions that many of you are trying to deal with, early July it started to dry up some and caused some minor issues but then the rain came back and now everything is green and growing...I really feel for those dealing with drought conditions, not only in our business but everyone...My nephew runs a lawncare business in missouri and it's very bad out there...Don't get me wrong..I'm not complaining at all about the rain, I am very thankful :D Just didn't want to work this weekend :(

LawnBoy0311
08-10-2012, 09:50 AM
i havent really had any drought by me. it was dry for a few weeks, maybe 2 at the most. we've been lucky here.

Hedgemaster
08-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Good news then. Glad to hear it.
It was bad here for a month or so, but we've been getting enough rain to green things back up for the most part. Some lawns look like spring growth, but some are still struggling to recover.

I had a full day today, but the chance of severe thunderstorms made me decide to push it to tomorrow. This is my "long distance" day and I didn't feel like loading the trailer and driving ten miles just to sit in the truck and watch the rain, and lightning start.

Tomorrow is supposed to be dry, cloudy, and 72 degrees. SEVENTY TWO! WOW!

usmc3391
08-10-2012, 10:53 AM
sitting here too the rain stopped so hopefully i can knock a few out before it starts back up again

LawnBoy0311
08-10-2012, 11:25 AM
I think i may go out and try to get some lawns done. after looking at the forecast it seems like theres gonna be some breaks for an hour or so. Worst case is i cant mow and my mowers get a good washing!! They need it!

08-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Well it wasn't a total washout :D sun popped out so I loaded up and hit the road....I got 6 done even though it was a little damp and now I only have to 3 tomorrow instead of 9 !!! :):D:):D

LawnBoy0311
08-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Nice work! Im down near washington DC so we get the same weather. I got mine done so that means i get to finish giving my quotes, hit the bar, and wake up with a hangover!!!

08-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Good day for you then too...:) Good luck with the hang over part ;)