PDA

View Full Version : Show me the Money

Shark1611
08-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Can you point me in the right direction on P&L for lawn care business? Example is if I am doing 30,000.00 a month in gross sales, how do I go about knowing what my payroll budget needs to be, fuel, etc. to make sure I am not upside down? I have to hire more people and working on what to pay them and how to be in the black at month end. I want to plug in everything I owe, what it takes to run my business, in hopes of know just how many I can hire.

I thought I read somewhere about 60% PR, 30% operations. If you find this a dumb question then please do not respond by popping off about how silliy the question is. There just might be someone else that would like to know as wel. Thank you..

Steve
08-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Have you added up your expenses for a month? Do you know exactly how much is being spent per month?

http://www.businesstemplates.biz/images/templates/profit-and-loss-spreadsheet.jpg

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-09-2012, 11:18 AM
quickbooks or any other accounting software would do this for you.

w0283767
08-11-2012, 07:35 PM
That income statement looks like it is a good starting point but cost of goods sold should be directly after sales to yield gross profit then all other expenses to yield net income. cogs would include sales of fertilizer and plants etc if involved in that. That's really the only products that would normally be sold.