PDA

View Full Version : Homemade rake and shovle rack for open trailer

bennyhill18201
08-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I posted pics in my other thread but thought someone may want to build one so I posted this in a new thread..

All the metal is 1/8" thick I cut 2 main supports for 1x1 square stock at 2 feet I added a base plate 2inch wide by 4" long welded them ( dident want to weld it to the trailer cause I never know what I may want to place there later.

Next I had some angle laying around so though I would throw it in just if i wanted to hang strap's or something off it I cut this at 3 feet long and welded to the top of the main supports

Then I had 4inch wide flat stock that I cut down to 36inchs and drilled 5 holes in it 1/2inch from one side and 4inchs apart the holes were 1 3/4 round then welded the the main support on top of the angle should have 3inchs on the side hang over to do other thing with

This whole thing cost around $12 to build, there was no way I was going to pay $40 to $100 to order one. Now just needs some paint

bruces
08-08-2012, 11:14 PM
whats holding the tools at the bottom ,or are they just sitting loose ?

bennyhill18201
08-09-2012, 12:56 AM
There just sitting on the deck for now cause I'm still thinking what more to add to this I do know I'm going to add a trimmer rack in the front of this and tie it together somehow. And I'm now going to weld it to the trailer so I could take them off for what ever reason's may come up. I'm also going to cut plywood 24inchs high and place on the inside of the trailer so I can get mulch without dumping some .And make up a back pack blower rack and gas can holders on the outside of the trailer so I can keep the trailer floor clean.

Steve
08-09-2012, 10:52 AM
That is fantastic! How long did it take to make?

bennyhill18201
08-09-2012, 12:55 PM
That is fantastic! How long did it take to make?

30 to 45min the holes were what takes the time. But the whole thing cost's $12 cant beat that. And I just seen I spelled shovel wrong in the title lol wow must have been a long day.

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
08-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Looks Great !! Good job on the design...........