PDA

View Full Version : Two Years is all it took.

SouthallMowing
08-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Last year I officially started my lawn care business, being 17, not sure what all I would get myself into. About halfway through the season last year, I figured out what all I need to keep going. So I saved and bought all of it. I went from last year, just mowing to this year, doing complete landscaping too along with other lawn services. However, this one picture sums up the mowing part of my business since last year!

jsmith
08-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Nice job man! It looks like your coming along great! How do you like the enclosed trailer versus the open trailer?

SouthallMowing
08-07-2012, 11:04 PM
I'd never go back to an open one. So much easier to use. No offloading of equipment. Park and you're done!

Apex Lawn & Landscape
08-07-2012, 11:21 PM
What make is the enclosed trailer?

Sprinkler Buddy
08-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Good for you, I love seeing young guys not being afraid to work for a living. Keep it up! :-)

Steve
08-08-2012, 04:03 PM
What advice do you have for other new start up lawn care business owners who are looking to make it into their second year?

SouthallMowing
08-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Apex, it's a Forest River Trailer. Never heard of the Company till I saw that trailer. But it's built like a haus, so I approve.

Steve, my advice would be to spend money. This year, I've barely came out ahead so far, however, it's because I've spend all my money getting the equipment I need to function with ease. However, For the last month, I've been making all my profit back because I haven't spent a dime on the company besides gas and such. Just basic running costs. Next year will be the same. Basic upkeep and gas will be it. A little marketing, word of mouth is BEST. It's not an election where candidates who have the most signs get the retard's vote. It's whoever sees your work, has you do it. nuff of my ranting. I'm in need of some sleep.

xandrew245x
08-10-2012, 06:23 AM
It's not an election where candidates who have the most signs get the retard's vote.

My god, that sums up the election perfectly!:p

I wanted to get an enclosed trailer, I could have gotten a used one for about the same price I spent on my new open trailer, but wasn't sure if my truck would handle the extra weight of the trailer. Its not a big deal, I just park my trailer in my garage every night right next to that new car :D

SouthallMowing
08-11-2012, 12:47 PM
I don't know what kind of truck you have but I have a 2006 Ram 1500. Nice little Hemi. :D But I can have my trailer loaded with my normal stuff and it pulls it without any problem. You can barely tell it's there.