PDA

View Full Version : anyone still using facebook

wdcutter
08-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Is anyone still using Facebook for there business? I have tried and am starting to see some of my customers joining and am hoping to try some new ideas out on my page and see if I can get some interaction going with educational articles, trivia & games along with some giveaways.

Has anyone ever tried this and if so how did it go.

My facebook page is here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Durgins-Lawn-Landscape/139004729456197

Hedgemaster
08-05-2012, 06:43 PM
"Still"?

I've never even seen a Facebook page.

:cool:

CHEESE2009
08-06-2012, 01:16 AM
What is a face book?

Is it a family album? I have a face book!

I hope to show my future children my face book.

Steve
08-06-2012, 02:28 PM
With all the marketing methods that exist, it seems marketing through facebook ranks low on the list. We rarely ever see anyone talking about it with high regard. In fact we have seen members who spent a lot of time with internet social marketing like facebook and twitter and got tired of doing it due to a lack or response.

It's kind of interesting, you'd think it be good, but maybe it is just that facebook and twitter doesn't lend itself well to promoting commercial messages.

hawthornelawncare
08-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Facebook is okay man.. Really just use it as a back up to your website. You can probably post more pics and all on facebook then you want to clutter your website with. I have a facebook page that is pretty basic and shares some pics and such. I havent really gotten anyone from it but its good to use to network with suppliers and keep up to date with info and such.

wat5150
08-06-2012, 09:17 PM
I have a FB page for my lawn biz. I mean it cant hurt. It puts you out there. Like was said before just have it in addition to your website. I dont think multiple sites with your name and pics on it is a bad thing. More exposure.

ringahding1
08-06-2012, 09:23 PM
I have a FB page for my lawn biz. I mean it cant hurt. It puts you out there. Like was said before just have it in addition to your website. I dont think multiple sites with your name and pics on it is a bad thing. More exposure.

You need to be everywhere to have a successful campaign. Social media can take your business to the next level....of course there are the "DOUBTERS"...those would be the ones who are not actively implementing this into their business, or just do not know how.

Hedgemaster
08-06-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm not really a "doubter", I simply have no interest in "social media" - at all.

If the only way you can communicate with me is on Farcebook, you aren't really a friend.

I have very few friends. :)

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
08-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Interesting......I really never thought about facebook advertising, seems more for social busy bodies and game players...:)

wat5150
08-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Interesting......I really never thought about facebook advertising, seems more for social busy bodies and game players...:)

If you look at FB there are ads all over it. Mostly for merchandise and such. Still it helps if you have a fb business page. Ive done google searches for things and come up with fb links. I mean you may not get a ton of clients from it but everyone is on it and its free. Like I said before its just another way to throw your name out there. You dont have to think of it as strictly social media. Think of it as kind of a second website that you can load up with pics of your work, comment, blog,etc. I mean I agree that the day to day social aspect of a personal fb page can be kind of lame with people posting that they are picking their nose,etc. but I dont think its a bad idea for your business to be on it.:cool:

LawnBoy0311
08-07-2012, 10:04 AM
i had one for a previous business i had. it was too time consuming to log in and post the crap your doing. not to mention if its not up to date, it sort of looks bad on your part.

wat5150
08-07-2012, 01:33 PM
i had one for a previous business i had. it was too time consuming to log in and post the crap your doing. not to mention if its not up to date, it sort of looks bad on your part.

How is that really that much different than updating your web site?

CHEESE2009
08-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Just get one.

Conversation over.

-

It'll help users find you, and makes a great portfolio.

Not to mention, if you don't make one with your company name - another person might with the same name! - this would be bad for you!

I'd even suggest making multiple FB pages!

e.g.; Town Name Lawn Care, Company Name, etc.

-

A lot of elderly are surprisingly using social media to connect with their families.

A FB name is maybe even easier to remember than your website address.

To keep it simple, all you really need to do, is upload your logo, and have a link to your actual website.

END

wat5150
08-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Just get one.

Conversation over.

-

It'll help users find you, and makes a great portfolio.

Not to mention, if you don't make one with your company name - another person might with the same name! - this would be bad for you!

I'd even suggest making multiple FB pages!

e.g.; Town Name Lawn Care, Company Name, etc.

-

A lot of elderly are surprisingly using social media to connect with their families.

A FB name is maybe even easier to remember than your website address.

To keep it simple, all you really need to do, is upload your logo, and have a link to your actual website.

END
All YOU really need to do is go fck yourself.:D

LawnBoy0311
08-07-2012, 07:12 PM
How is that really that much different than updating your web site?

i prefer not to post every 10 minutes what i'm doing or have done. FB is a good tool if used right. you'd need a lot of "likes" and keep it updated daily.