PDA

View Full Version : snapper pro

xandrew245x
08-01-2012, 11:25 AM
I stopped at a local dealer today and looked at some mowers. I my main three i wanted to look at before I buy anything is toro, exmark and ferris. I told the guy the three I was interested in and he pointed out a snapper pro. He told me it was made by the same company as exmark and is just as good, but its cheaper.

Anyone have any experience with these. I'm looking to get a walk behind.

I originally wanted a walk behind because they are less expensive, but for $1,00 more I could buy a ztr with the same deck.

xandrew245x
08-01-2012, 02:27 PM
The dealer has a 52" snapper pro walk behind right now listed price $5900 and is on sale for $4400.

Since I only have a residential ZTR, I kinda want to get a commercial walk behind so I can use that more often and hopefully keep my ZTR in commission for longer.

wandfsmall
08-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I stopped at a local dealer today and looked at some mowers. I my main three i wanted to look at before I buy anything is toro, exmark and ferris. I told the guy the three I was interested in and he pointed out a snapper pro. He told me it was made by the same company as exmark and is just as good, but its cheaper.

Anyone have any experience with these. I'm looking to get a walk behind.

I originally wanted a walk behind because they are less expensive, but for $1,00 more I could buy a ztr with the same deck.

Ok first of the salesman was incorrect snapper is made by Briggs and Stratton, Exmark is made by Toro. As far as it being a good mower that depends on the model, as to mowers all manufactures make commercial units and consumer units so you need to compare apples to apples. To help with that you would need to post engine, and model of the unit you are looking at.

wat5150
08-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Why????????????????? Just keep what you have!!! Start out small. Dont spend any more money than you have to!! Is there anything wrong with your current zero turn?? How many accounts do you have??? You need to just relax a bit on all this stuff. Focus on advertising. Go out and try to get accounts. That Toro that you already have will do you just fine until you need more. its not going to break just because you picked up a few lawns. I still use a residential cub ztr for my lawns. It works fine. I mean are you going to be mowing 100 + yards a week?? Just use what youve got for now. There is nothing wrong with your current equipment.
(Oh and by the way I would never dump that kind of money into a walk behind. You can get some serious ride on ztr for that money. Especially if you shop around some used stuff.)

Hedgemaster
08-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah, a Snapper Pro is the same as a Ferris (for the most part - there are some differences) - not Exmark.

What model? Hydro or gear drive?

xandrew245x
08-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah, a Snapper Pro is the same as a Ferris (for the most part - there are some differences) - not Exmark.

What model? Hydro or gear drive?

Yeah I did some research when I got back and I quickly realized it was ferris not exmark, I assume thats what he meant and got it mixed up since I was talking about exmark when he said it.

It was the 52" hydro drive, I don't know where on earth you found a ZTR for the same price as that walk behind, because I have looked a couple dealers around here and gotten estimates and ZTRs are a good 2-4k more than a walk behind.

I'm not going to buy used equipment, I would much rather buy new, have a warranty and financing.

Also, I'm not going to buy a new mower, I'm just dreaming. I actually went in to look at a new string trimmer, my craftmans broke...thank god I hated that things. I saw the walk behind sitting there with the sale price and asked about it. Never really had an intention on buying it.

wandfsmall
08-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah I did some research when I got back and I quickly realized it was ferris not exmark, I assume thats what he meant and got it mixed up since I was talking about exmark when he said it.

It was the 52" hydro drive, I don't know where on earth you found a ZTR for the same price as that walk behind, because I have looked a couple dealers around here and gotten estimates and ZTRs are a good 2-4k more than a walk behind.

I'm not going to buy used equipment, I would much rather buy new, have a warranty and financing.

Also, I'm not going to buy a new mower, I'm just dreaming. I actually went in to look at a new string trimmer, my craftmans broke...thank god I hated that things. I saw the walk behind sitting there with the sale price and asked about it. Never really had an intention on buying it.

Shame it is a buyers market right now, good deals to be had by anyone looking in a drought year.

xandrew245x
08-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Shame it is a buyers market right now, good deals to be had by anyone looking in a drought year.

Yea, I really wish I had an excuse to buy it now.

Im going to try to attract a lot of business for next season, that walk behind would come in real handy then.