PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys! Im new here and love lawncare!

dirtbikekid
07-31-2012, 03:14 PM
Im a newbie to the board but have read alot of your post on here! Ive been doing lawns here in Texas on the side for about 3 years now and have just this summer decided to take it a step further! I have a full time job as a CTV engineer and do all my lawns in the evenings and on saturdays. I have about 12 accounts so far and do them all with a 38" cub cadet rider, a push mower,blower,weedeater and hedger! I really enjoy it and getting new customers, seems like all i do is look at lawns as Im driving around town and search for new prospects, many times landing them. I just really enjoy it and being on my mower, I hope to keep growing my business and eventually get some trustworthy help! Im guessing everyone started out like me?

Eric

branchoutshrub
07-31-2012, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear your "side" business is going good. We started out really small too. Hard work, word of mouth and a website has worked great for us.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the forum. " Love Lawn Care" are you crazy! LoL I started out by working for someone else many years ago. Decided I could do it myself. I have trained a few guys that got to that same point over the years, they too could grow their own business.

Plenty of work for us all. :-) Your coming close to that point where your gonna have to make a decision. Go Lawn Care full time in order to grow or not.

It's great being your own boss but a lot of responsibility and self discipline comes with that. Good Luck, sounds like you'll be successful at it either way.

dirtbikekid
08-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Thanks guys! I guess that is my biggest concern...when do you decide to go full time with it?

Steve
08-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Welcome to our forum.

Everyone is different but if you can save up some cash and you find yourself maxed out for time, you should then consider taking the next step.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks guys! I guess that is my biggest concern...when do you decide to go full time with it?

When you know you can handle the growing pains when you lose the income from your other job. Plan ahead, do it when the season is just kicking off. This will give you more time to build the business before things slow down again.

Your body will tell you when it's time to make a decision as well. One or the other! :-)