PDA

View Full Version : Mower and Equipment

bennyhill18201
07-31-2012, 03:06 AM
I'm just starting out so nothing to brag about. So far this is some of what I have.

bennyhill18201
07-31-2012, 03:13 AM
This is what the trailer looked like when I got it. It's 6x10 with a 3500lbs axle had no light the jack was shot and needed some help to say the least but I think the price was ok $750 what do u think

bennyhill18201
07-31-2012, 03:18 AM
This is what the trailer looked like when I got it. It's 6x10 with a 3500lbs axle had no light the jack was shot and needed some help to say the least but I think the price was ok $750 what do u think

This is after sanding and painting and adding new lights

Steve
07-31-2012, 01:02 PM
That looks really nice! You got a good set up there!

Hedgemaster
07-31-2012, 04:16 PM
You're starting with more than I did.

Is that a Yardman 4 stroke trimmer? I have one as a backup and for the split shaft attachments I picked up dirt cheap on clearance.
It's OK for the attachment stuff, but as a trimmer, it's terrible compared to my Stihl.

PA plates on the trailer... what side of the state are you on?

bennyhill18201
07-31-2012, 08:37 PM

Is that a Yardman 4 stroke trimmer? I have one as a backup and for the split shaft attachments I picked up dirt cheap on clearance.
It's OK for the attachment stuff, but as a trimmer, it's terrible compared to my Stihl.

it a 4 stroke cub cadet had a straight shat but snapped in half ..Yes i know 5 years ago I had all stihl equm.. and someone broke in and stole everything and nothing was covered ,Two 130 trimmers,a edger even took the gas cans

bennyhill18201
08-01-2012, 12:26 AM

NEPA north of Reading.. I picked up the mower around your neck of the wood in Mechanicsburg the guy wanted 1700 I got it for $1000. had around 100hrs on it he had too many hills where he lived so he couldn't use it..

bennyhill18201
08-01-2012, 12:28 AM
it a 4 stroke cub cadet had a straight shaft but snapped in half ..Yes I know 5 years ago I had all Stihl equipment.. and someone broke in and stole everything and nothing was covered ,two 130 trimmers,a edger even took the gas cans

still ticks me off

xandrew245x
08-01-2012, 05:55 AM
NEPA north of Reading.. I picked up the mower around your neck of the wood in Mechanicsburg the guy wanted 1700 I got it for $1000. had around 100hrs on it he had too many hills where he lived so he couldn't use it..

I live about 30 mins away from mechanicsburg.

bennyhill18201
08-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I live about 30 mins away from mechanicsburg.

Seems like this type of work is a lot better out there. Before I even thought of giving this a go I had people asking me all the time to keep there lawns up to par and now is really slow 5 customers of mine lost there jobs ( all worked at the same place) they were bi-week cuts and now I'm down to the two.

But there not even that good of customers there really cheap they just want quick cuts don't care what it really looks like first time I did there places took 2 1/2 hrs 1 hr to cut at $60 pruned 2 trees that were really bad $30 and trimmed the hedge's $30 and hr and the edging and clean up $120 I don't think that was a bad price.... So now it just cutting the grass at the $60 and everything other then the lawn is all wild now

bennyhill18201
08-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Just picked this account up today. The guy that used to do it was charging them 350 every two weeks I took it over and charged 225 takes about 2 1/2 hrs to cut tons of ruts from the last guy cutting the same way every time...

Grass Doctor
08-04-2012, 09:22 PM
good for u bro! how many acres is that

bennyhill18201
08-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Not sure off hand close to 3 I would think..I always take my 2 kids down there to ride there pocket bikes but the grass was way too high so I came down to cut it and the owner stopped me and told me about the other guy and what he was paying him I told him who I was and a price I would do for and he jumped on it. Talking to him about doing more for him as of mulch, pruning and such so we will see how it goes...

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
08-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Awesome job too grab and good $$ too...Way to go !!! :D

Grass Doctor
08-05-2012, 12:47 PM
that's really nice oh well, i was thinking that should of charge a little more like 250 thats why i ask, but if ur kids use their bikes in there that pays off the difference between 350.00 and 225.00 plus u dont have a lot obstacles in that mowing as trees flower beds etc. and if get this mulch jobs out of him that will even u out with the 350 appraisal in the long term. nice job bro!

:D

bennyhill18201
08-05-2012, 01:14 PM
that's really nice oh well, i was thinking that should of charge a little more like 250 thats why i ask, but if ur kids use their bikes in there that pays off the difference between 350.00 and 225.00 plus u dont have a lot obstacles in that mowing as trees flower beds etc. and if get this mulch jobs out of him that will even u out with the 350 appraisal in the long term. nice job bro!

:D

That's what I was thinking. I only mowed the big area.. There's more in the front that the owner cut cause it's right as you walk into the building, there's hedge's and trees and and flower bed's that need help to I have a meeting Monday too talk to the owner and give him a price for everything. It should be $550 to do everything the first time and $375 just to mow,edge, and clean up,Now this is only a block away from my house and I would be the only one doing this I think this is a very fair price. I'll get and pic's of the front of the building ....

Here's what the kids ride there ,thought I would throw them up.

bennyhill18201
08-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Went to one of my first customers today he call me to do his year just to cut it but didn't have money he lives 2 doors down from me and asked if I cauld help him out so he gave my kids a RC Airplane worth over $150 it was bran new in the box ... well here's a few pix. The first one is right after I trimmed around the edge's. And the last own was the cleanup with my little girl helping with her own leaf blower...

FTGUlawncare
08-06-2012, 10:20 PM
5 customers of mine lost there jobs ( all worked at the same place) they were bi-week cuts and now I'm down to the two.

But there not even that good of customers there really cheap they just want quick cuts don't care what it really looks like first time I did there places took 2 1/2 hrs 1 hr to cut at $60 pruned 2 trees that were really bad $30 and trimmed the hedge's $30 and hr and the edging and clean up $120 I don't think that was a bad price.... So now it just cutting the grass at the $60 and everything other then the lawn is all wild now

Just to touch on this subject , i had a customer that lost his job he was always a good paying customer i charged him 40 a cut and his lawn needed cutting every week , he has trugreen come out and a sprinkler system when he came to me and said that he couldnt afford the lawn service anymore i didnt want to lose the account it was east nothing had to be string trimmed and only the driveway need to get blown off the lawn looks great and i always did extra weed pulling and some basic trimming because his house looked good

I asked him what he could afford ? he was kind of shocked so i said really what could you afford ? that i didnt want to lose him as a customer , he was still kind of hesitant so i said how about this i would come weekly and still cut the grass and blow off the driveway for 20 until you get back on your feet but i would not do any of the extras i normally do ... he agreed so i came home typed up his new contract for the rest of the year he paid me in advance until october 31st and said thankyou so much that normally people wont take a loss to help a customer out ....really i didnt take a loss im just not making "good" money on the job but im not losing out either

go the extra mile and it shows you care !! you have to make a good judgement whe nit comes to this ....some are worth it some are not

bennyhill18201
08-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I know what you mean there are a few customers I will try to help out the best I can. I don't have many right now so I need to treat them as there my only one. All 5 of those customer's went back to work so now I have 8.. 3 really big accounts

Grass Doctor
08-07-2012, 01:45 AM
That's what I was thinking. I only mowed the big area.. There's more in the front that the owner cut cause it's right as you walk into the building, there's hedge's and trees and and flower bed's that need help to I have a meeting Monday too talk to the owner and give him a price for everything. It should be $550 to do everything the first time and $375 just to mow,edge, and clean up,Now this is only a block away from my house and I would be the only one doing this I think this is a very fair price. I'll get and pic's of the front of the building ....

Here's what the kids ride there ,thought I would throw them up.

hey their bad asss, really cool mini bikes whats the max speed.:cool:

Grass Doctor
08-07-2012, 01:52 AM
Went to one of my first customers today he call me to do his year just to cut it but didn't have money he lives 2 doors down from me and asked if I cauld help him out so he gave my kids a RC Airplane worth over $150 it was bran new in the box ... well here's a few pix. The first one is right after I trimmed around the edge's. And the last own was the cleanup with my little girl helping with her own leaf blower...

dude thats awesome i want to find me a customer like that, that will barter service for something cool i think its great, not all the time of course.

bennyhill18201
08-07-2012, 10:23 AM
hey their bad asss, really cool mini bikes whats the max speed.:cool:

The bikes have a 49cc engine, they will go around 50mph with all the mods I did to them I have them turned down tho my girls just turned 10 and my sons 7 lol

bennyhill18201
08-07-2012, 10:27 AM
dude thats awesome i want to find me a customer like that, that will barter service for something cool i think its great, not all the time of course.

Yah he is a really nice old man I try to cut him a break cause I know there strapped for cash that and hes a war vet so doing my good deed

bennyhill18201
08-07-2012, 07:45 PM
been looking online to get a rack so I can put shovels and racks and other hand tools on and not keep them in my truck. No way was i going to pay $50 $100 for one so it was time to make one cost under $12 and 30min to make...

bennyhill18201
08-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Hey just an idea for you, instead of chaining that mower to the trailer to keep it from moving measure and cut a pressure treated 2x4 the width of your trailer deck. Screw it down just behind where the rear wheels of your mower sit. That will keep it in place and you dont have to worry about a chain tugging on your mower.
I don't tow it like that I lock it to there so I don't have to throw in in the shed.. But I am thinking about putting 2 foot front and sidewalls out of plywood on the trailer.