PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of a new site

pnplawn
11-24-2007, 11:59 PM
what you think of a website that a lawn care company can go to get information on everything that need to know about lawn care business. From the know how, to what to buy for there company.

Like a one stop shop for the lawn care company. I could Integrate all aspects of lawn company needs into one site. Call it LAWNCOMPANYPRODUCTS.COM they could go there get all information on anything that has to do with running there lawn care company.

From equipment to what kinda of weed eater to buy that would best fit there needs. I could sell ad space for different Manufacturers to list there product on the site. Just my thought.

Rodman
PNP

ritchiem
11-25-2007, 12:39 AM
I am always on the lookout for bigger and better things. There are a few sites out there like it already, however they still lack staying power and customer adhesion. The number one reason I stick with TG and the gopher forums.

I am behind you though Rodman, even here to give you a hand if you need.

cheers,

pnplawn
11-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Quote[/b] (ritchiem @ Nov. 25 2007,1:39)]I am always on the lookout for bigger and better things. There are a few sites out there like it already, however they still lack staying power and customer adhesion. The number one reason I stick with TG and the gopher forums.

I am behind you though Rodman, even here to give you a hand if you need.

cheers,
need to figure out a layout for the site. still trying to come up with some ideals on the site design. any ideal?

Steve
11-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Rodman,

At first if it were me, I would just take one of the free lawn care templates and throw something up and then start mixing and matching ideas to get something that works for you.

I think this kind of website could position you to do product testing and that could be great because who really does that?

Richard,
Quote[/b] ]however they still lack staying power and customer adhesion. The number one reason I stick with TG and the gopher forums.

Can you explain or expand upon this a little more? I think this is topic that quite often lost when creating a site.

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Quote[/b] ]LAWNCOMPANYPRODUCTS.COM

Rodman, that's a great idea. There is always need for professionals to share their experience.

I am doing some some product reviews and demos for next season. This is fairly untapped. Also, visit a few trade shows to get an idea of what's new for the mowing season. There is so much new product coming out all the time that it is almost difficult to keep up with it all.

If you ever what to chat via email, drop me a line.

Keith

pnplawn
11-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Nov. 25 2007,4:38)]Quote[/b] ]LAWNCOMPANYPRODUCTS.COM

Rodman, that's a great idea. There is always need for professionals to share their experience.

I am doing some some product reviews and demos for next season. This is fairly untapped. Also, visit a few trade shows to get an idea of what's new for the mowing season. There is so much new product coming out all the time that it is almost difficult to keep up with it all.

If you ever what to chat via email, drop me a line.

Keith
WellI always have a habit when I buy a domain to get the .com and the .net Im thinking useing the .com to promote products for the general contractor ( Lawn Care Company) Other words I could get lawn care product, manufactures to list there products on the site. I think i will use the .net for a product review. Kinda do both sides of the products. Listing and Review side. I think that will generate some income from both sides. I was thinking the domain name lawn company products .com says it all to the potential lawn care company to look for products for there business.

Just my thoughts but I think if I could some how generate a One Stop Shop for all the lawn care company needs. They can come and find information on all aspects of this business. From marketing to equipment they will need to start or stay in business.

I will require some help with this on trying to decide on what content to use on the site. Any suggestions? I was thinking for sure put alot guys here that make logos have software to sell graphics so on.

I was thinking after I get setup I could contact some manufactures of lawn equipment see if they want to promote there equipment on the site. From johndeer to redmax to quickie see if they are interested in promoting there product on the site.

This could very well generate alot of traffic because the lawn care business can come to the site and look for different products for there business.

I can take the .net site and turn it in to a review site for the products that the customer buys from the site, they can write a review on the product and I could use rss feed or write a script that will generate the review to show up on the .com site under the product that I am listing for the manufactures.

Am I dreaming or do you think this could work?

Rodman
pnp http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/offtopic.gif

Steve
11-25-2007, 10:59 PM
"If at first the idea is not absurd, Then there is no hope for it."
Albert Einstein

Rodman, I could really use some product testing video and I could help you promote this.

So Gopher It! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

pnplawn
11-25-2007, 11:20 PM
waiting on the vendors i will call them back in the am.

Steve
11-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Keep us posted.

pnplawn
11-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Ok its work in progress but I have something up and its runing.

http://www.lawncompanyproducts.com/

Steve
11-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Nice work! Don't you have a friend that is a outdoor equipment dealer? Could you work out a deal with him to sell some of his stuff online too?