PDA

View Full Version : Phone Reception

CHEESE2009
07-30-2012, 11:33 AM
I keep losing f'king signal!

It's been going on for awhile, so I finally got my 'sim card' changed, but now it's worse.

The guys at Bell said my only solution is to send it in for a week.

-

Anyone know how to fix my god damn phone? :mad:

When it loses signal, the only thing I can do is restart it. (turn off / on)

The Cleaning Doctor
07-30-2012, 01:57 PM
The sim card has nothing to do with the reception of a phone.

The best thing you can do is get a cheaper/less bells and whistles phone that will get better reception. It is your phone that is causing the issues. That is one reason that I still use a flip phone.

CHEESE2009
07-30-2012, 02:38 PM
DAMMIT!

I spend all year trying to figure this phone out, there's no way I can go back....

It was so much easier with a crappy phone, but.. I can't do it anymore. It would hurt my brain.

I'm going to call Bell, and whine until I get what I want.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bkFIPLIOGL8/ScKonhjcHaI/AAAAAAAAe1Q/JrsNP1lFVeE/s320/cry+phone.jpg

wat5150
07-30-2012, 10:31 PM
The sim card has nothing to do with the reception of a phone.

The best thing you can do is get a cheaper/less bells and whistles phone that will get better reception. It is your phone that is causing the issues. That is one reason that I still use a flip phone.

So the new phones dont get good reception??:confused: I think it may be the provider and the amount of cell towers they have??

brian'slawncare
07-30-2012, 10:38 PM
It also depends on where you are in relation to a tower. If your quite a distance form the nearest tower, your reception will be spotty is certain areas (e.g.: in between hills)

Thats why I love At&T. Never had a problem with signal unless I go into the country ....(meaning the nearest store is 25 mins away)

The Cleaning Doctor
07-30-2012, 11:00 PM
So the new phones dont get good reception??:confused: I think it may be the provider and the amount of cell towers they have??

That is exactly what it is. Remember when the phones went from analog to digital? The analog phones maybe did not get great connections but at least they got connected where the digital phones would constantly drop. The digital signal can not travel as far either. Just like AM vs FM on the radio. If the transmitter on your phone is getting weak then that makes it even worse. It will not work where it normally would. Overheating is the biggest problem besides dropping them in the toilet or sink... LOL

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-30-2012, 11:13 PM
That is exactly what it is. Remember when the phones went from analog to digital? The analog phones maybe did not get great connections but at least they got connected where the digital phones would constantly drop. The digital signal can not travel as far either. Just like AM vs FM on the radio. If the transmitter on your phone is getting weak then that makes it even worse. It will not work where it normally would. Overheating is the biggest problem besides dropping them in the toilet or sink... LOL

This is somewhat true. When I pick out a phone I read reviews for this reason. I have had the same service and the cheapo phone worked great, the first touch phone was horrible and newest one is better but still not as good as the cheap one.

CHEESE2009
07-31-2012, 01:13 AM
I live in a pretty big city, so I'm surrounded by Bell's towers. They are everywhere here.

The guy told me that two more towers would be going up soon, and that could solve my problem. They would be a few blocks away from each other, which is a little excessive.. I guess each tower is made of potatoes or something, because they suck!!!

He asked me 100 questions, and that's what it all came down to. "Wait for MORE towers" lmao...

Anyway, not a big deal. I don't care if I miss negative-nancy customer calls, I just don't want to miss naughty text messages from lovers. :D

wat5150
07-31-2012, 09:31 AM
I live in a pretty big city, so I'm surrounded by Bell's towers. They are everywhere here.

The guy told me that two more towers would be going up soon, and that could solve my problem. They would be a few blocks away from each other, which is a little excessive.. I guess each tower is made of potatoes or something, because they suck!!!

He asked me 100 questions, and that's what it all came down to. "Wait for MORE towers" lmao...

Anyway, not a big deal. I don't care if I miss negative-nancy customer calls, I just don't want to miss naughty text messages from lovers. :D

I have a solution to your problem, go fck yourself.;)

CHEESE2009
07-31-2012, 09:45 AM
I have a solution to your problem, go fck yourself.;)

When I saw that you responded in this thread, I have a feeling this would happen LMAO.

-

Me: Hi Bell, I'm having a problem with my phone.

Bell: Go fck yourself I suppose that'll do the trick.

Me: Wat?

... one day