PDA

View Full Version : Will this trailer graphic cause the owner problems?

Steve
07-26-2012, 12:05 PM
I saw this landscape trailer graphic and thought this might become problematic in the future. What's your view?

wat5150
07-26-2012, 01:05 PM
They completely ripped off Law and Orders logo font. Could be a problem if a certain person or persons connected to the show ever got wind of it. I saw it too. I think someone posted it on FB.

WorkForMySelf
07-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Yeah its not a copy tit for tat and its non-competitor to the show.. it also doesn't not infringe on any of their merchandise so I highly doubt it will become an issue.

wat5150
07-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah its not a copy tit for tat and its non-competitor to the show.. it also doesn't not infringe on any of their merchandise so I highly doubt it will become an issue.

There was a car wash in the town I grew up in. It is still there but it has a different name. It used to be called suds r us or something similar to that. Anyway toys r us got wind of it and had their lawyers crawl all over them. End result the car wash had to change its name. Car wash and toys r us have nothing in common. Anyway I agree it shouldnt be an issue but copyright lawyers see it differently I think.

Hedgemaster
07-26-2012, 04:20 PM
I saw a truck near me with a magnet on the side - "Lawn & Order".

There are surely thousands of people using that name across the country.

Steve. You should edit it for them before they get sued.
:D

WorkForMySelf
07-26-2012, 08:21 PM
There was a car wash in the town I grew up in. It is still there but it has a different name. It used to be called suds r us or something similar to that. Anyway toys r us got wind of it and had their lawyers crawl all over them. End result the car wash had to change its name. Car wash and toys r us have nothing in common. Anyway I agree it shouldnt be an issue but copyright lawyers see it differently I think.

toys r us.. suds r us.. same "r" in the middle, same amount of letters in the title.. same amount of words in the title..

law and order... Lawn Order... different number of words in title, different number of letters in title..

Its actually 2 very very different cases.

wat5150
07-26-2012, 09:12 PM
toys r us.. suds r us.. same "r" in the middle, same amount of letters in the title.. same amount of words in the title..

law and order... Lawn Order... different number of words in title, different number of letters in title..

Its actually 2 very very different cases.

Is it?? Look at Law and Orders font and logo design. Its the same thing. Same colors same everything except it says lawn. Look I really could give a sh!t less. I hope they can keep using this logo. its actually pretty cool but it is a direct rip off of law and order. Thats all Im saying. Im sure there is a copyright on that whole logo design. Anyway enough of this. Ive got some vodka to drink.

JeffK26
07-26-2012, 10:21 PM
I showed this to my lawyer friend.

There is the same issue as the Suds R Us.

It's not 2 totally different issues.

it's not the number of letters, it's not the "r"....it's the font, the coloring of the font....

It's similarity more than number of letters in a name.

The "r" in the Suds R us vs the Toys R Us is the same as the font and color similarity between the two.

It could be an issue. It depends on if the show wants to fight it or not. They can, and win because of the money backing the network, show and creator.

It has nothing to do with the number of letters.

Just because you cut the lawn at a Holiday Inn Express doesn't make you a lawyer.

wat5150
07-26-2012, 11:21 PM
I showed this to my lawyer friend.

There is the same issue as the Suds R Us.

It's not 2 totally different issues.

it's not the number of letters, it's not the "r"....it's the font, the coloring of the font....

It's similarity more than number of letters in a name.

The "r" in the Suds R us vs the Toys R Us is the same as the font and color similarity between the two.

It could be an issue. It depends on if the show wants to fight it or not. They can, and win because of the money backing the network, show and creator.

It has nothing to do with the number of letters.

Just because you cut the lawn at a Holiday Inn Express doesn't make you a lawyer.
LOL!! Im not even a lawyer. Maybe Ill give up lawns now!!!:D

stevef1201
07-28-2012, 07:59 AM
Just look at all the pawn shops that had to change thier name from pawn stars becasue of the show. some of them have had the name for years. too bad said the judge, the show has copy righted and you dont.

lawn order will face the same thing if its gets in front of a judge

696 Signs
07-28-2012, 10:06 AM
I doubt they will ever have an issue.
Maybe if they were a national company.

Just dont mess with a few companys and you will be fine...like disney, h/d, they go after every person or company who infringes on their trademark.

Whenever your going to do something like this you should talk to your lawyer and be sure your going to be ok. Everyone online is a lawyer lol.

Tony
696 Signs