PDA

View Full Version : my pc got broke

DeMenkey
07-24-2012, 02:23 PM
OK so heres the deal. My little brother decided to break my computer so I got no way to look up information other than my phone. I got my first client from having a Google word ad call me and asked to work on some flower beds and trim some hedges. Well I am screwed cause she wants me to replace some "lazy suesens " with abunch of other flowers. I got no plant dictionary or anything to help me design a good flower bed for her. Everything was on my PC. All my tools for giving an estimate was on my PC.
She also asked if I could pay per the hour which I don't like doing. I sorta stuck my foot in my mouth and said I'd do it for 20$ per hour which normally I chamy rge 35-85. I can't even upload pics here to show the job... any ideas?

wat5150
07-24-2012, 04:01 PM
OK so heres the deal. My little brother decided to break my computer so I got no way to look up information other than my phone. I got my first client from having a Google word ad call me and asked to work on some flower beds and trim some hedges. Well I am screwed cause she wants me to replace some "lazy suesens " with abunch of other flowers. I got no plant dictionary or anything to help me design a good flower bed for her. Everything was on my PC. All my tools for giving an estimate was on my PC.
She also asked if I could pay per the hour which I don't like doing. I sorta stuck my foot in my mouth and said I'd do it for 20$ per hour which normally I chamy rge 35-85. I can't even upload pics here to show the job... any ideas?

Dude, go to your local nursery and ask about perennial flowers. If your doing work installing these beds you need to know about what kinds of plants will work. Personally I would keep some of the lazy susans and maybe go with some daisys and day lilys. Carpet Flox is a great spring ground cover. All kinds of stuff. Did she tell you what flowers or is she leaving it up to you? Anyway just go and look and ask, Im sure you have a good nursery somewhere close to you.

DeMenkey
07-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Okay, I just bought a new computer. So I'm back in business. Only problem is that I've got to get all my software and stuff back. Anyone know of a online database for flowers? And yes she left it up for me. I'll post some photos shortly.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
07-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Listen to wat5150...you should be knowledgeable when it comes to your field of work. If your walking around a property with a customer and she's asking questions on certain plants...and your replies are nothing but " I'm not sure...I don't know" youve just took a **** on your chances of getting that job. I worked my first 2 seasons relying on my computer and it sucked! The past couple yrs in my spare time I hit up the nursery and just walk around looking and studying..sometimes grab a drink and sit at barnes n noble with a book. You feel way more valuable, and you are. I got me a grammar book too..so should you. Don't take this the wrong way as I'm just tryin to help you stand out from the other guy across the street.

DeMenkey
07-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Oh and I thank you, I'm not taking it the wrong way. Believe it or not before I got into this field I have study for over 2 years (I had a car wreak and wasn't allowed to work so I had a LOT of spare time)

wat5150
07-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah, that gardens a mess. I would just completely tear most of it out. I see what looks like a lilly, I would even tear that out and go with day lilys. Much more attractive in the garden IMO. I like the lazy susans but those are out of control. Do some studying and GO TO YOUR LOCAL NURSERY!!!!! Ask questions. Hosta is another nice accent plant but you need some shade for those. Anyway there are a ton of directions you can go. Bottom line is that thing needs to be cleaned out, edged, replanted and mulched. If you do it right it will look killer when its done and she will be very happy with you.

xandrew245x
07-24-2012, 07:09 PM
My grandmas flowerbeds were worse than this, I'm about halfway through the mulching stages, I tried to sell her on some new flowers, but she didn't want any new ones planted.