PDA

View Full Version : my pc got broke

DeMenkey
07-24-2012, 02:23 PM
OK so heres the deal. My little brother decided to break my computer so I got no way to look up information other than my phone. I got my first client from having a Google word ad call me and asked to work on some flower beds and trim some hedges. Well I am screwed cause she wants me to replace some "lazy suesens " with abunch of other flowers. I got no plant dictionary or anything to help me design a good flower bed for her. Everything was on my PC. All my tools for giving an estimate was on my PC.
She also asked if I could pay per the hour which I don't like doing. I sorta stuck my foot in my mouth and said I'd do it for 20$ per hour which normally I chamy rge 35-85. I can't even upload pics here to show the job... any ideas?

DeMenkey
07-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Okay, I just bought a new computer. So I'm back in business. Only problem is that I've got to get all my software and stuff back. Anyone know of a online database for flowers? And yes she left it up for me. I'll post some photos shortly.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
07-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Listen to wat5150...you should be knowledgeable when it comes to your field of work. If your walking around a property with a customer and she's asking questions on certain plants...and your replies are nothing but " I'm not sure...I don't know" youve just took a **** on your chances of getting that job. I worked my first 2 seasons relying on my computer and it sucked! The past couple yrs in my spare time I hit up the nursery and just walk around looking and studying..sometimes grab a drink and sit at barnes n noble with a book. You feel way more valuable, and you are. I got me a grammar book too..so should you. Don't take this the wrong way as I'm just tryin to help you stand out from the other guy across the street.

DeMenkey
07-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Oh and I thank you, I'm not taking it the wrong way. Believe it or not before I got into this field I have study for over 2 years (I had a car wreak and wasn't allowed to work so I had a LOT of spare time)

xandrew245x
07-24-2012, 07:09 PM
My grandmas flowerbeds were worse than this, I'm about halfway through the mulching stages, I tried to sell her on some new flowers, but she didn't want any new ones planted.