PDA

View Full Version : Removing Tires on ZTR

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Anyone have a secret to break the bead on a front tire? I did rear tires before by jumping on them but these front ones are a pita.

wandfsmall
07-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Anyone have a secret to break the bead on a front tire? I did rear tires before by jumping on them but these front ones are a pita.

the bead is the easy part getting them off of the rim is worse;) I use a tire changer for them and it is still a pain. But to break the bead use a jack and press it against the bottom shelf of your work bench.

Steve
07-24-2012, 12:03 PM
I have taken tires off before by laying them under the bumper of a truck. Raising the truck with a jack and then putting a 2x4 between the bumper and tire (right where it meets the wheel). Then slowly lowering the jack. Once it breaks the bead, I use a tire iron to get the tire off.

wat5150
07-24-2012, 12:42 PM
I have taken tires off before by laying them under the bumper of a truck. Raising the truck with a jack and then putting a 2x4 between the bumper and tire (right where it meets the wheel). Then slowly lowering the jack. Once it breaks the bead, I use a tire iron to get the tire off.

LOL. I think thats how they do it in Arkansas!!!:D

The Cleaning Doctor
07-24-2012, 05:22 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DNrhMUPxI3o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Something weird is I had a leak in one tire that takes about 3-4 hours to get flat. I tried slime but it didnt help. After I messed with it yesterday the tire stayed inflated all day. It was still full of air last time I seen it at 8 pm.

The other tire has a nice tear in it and a bent rim. So I still need to change that one. My guy was driving with 2 weedwackers across his legs and they fell forward driving him into a curb at full speed. I swear they cant make them dumber then that.

wandfsmall
07-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Something weird is I had a leak in one tire that takes about 3-4 hours to get flat. I tried slime but it didnt help. After I messed with it yesterday the tire stayed inflated all day. It was still full of air last time I seen it at 8 pm.

The other tire has a nice tear in it and a bent rim. So I still need to change that one. My guy was driving with 2 weedwackers across his legs and they fell forward driving him into a curb at full speed. I swear they cant make them dumber then that.

I would not suggest going threw the work to change a tire on a bent rim, just get a tire and rim and be done with it.