PDA

View Full Version : From no employees to employees

looksgoodlawncare
11-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Can anyone help, I have no employees other than a few russians I call from time to time to help with big one time jobs. I want to grow next year to include at least a few part time employees. The problem is I need the work to employ them but I need them to get the work. It seems like a catch22 here. Just looking for some advice. Thanks for everything.

Bryson McLemore,
LooksGoodLawnCare,

Steve
11-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi Bryson,

Do you have any friends or family members that could help you out from time to time when you have a larger job. Someone that is around when you need help but not someone you have to pay to be on stand by?

action_lawncare
11-19-2007, 08:03 PM
I have family members at stand by when I need them. Example my wife, she is always willing to help when I need her and she is free. She helps me out a lot. She even finds me work. She advertises on Craiglist.com and she has been doing cold calls to businesses. She also does faxes. She has a flyer made out and goes to what ever town your are in chamber of commerce website and lookup business. Mostly all businesses in chamber of commerece have their fax number listed on this site. We have gotton some business that way. Another way she does it is she goes to the property appraisors website and finds the most recent sales. We have gotton a lot of business that way as well. She either mails a postcard to their homes or business or if they are business she faxes them or calls them. We land 1 large account that way and we are trying to bid on a cold call she did today. I hope some of this helps you out.

But when it comes to employee's sometimes it's hard to find someone who does a good job or is trustworthly. Like i mention above I have my wife as standby. I also have 2 other individuals I can call when I really need help.