PDA

View Full Version : Echoe speed feed trimmer head

lawnguy11
07-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Just curious how many people are using these and how they like them my local lawnmower shop can't keep them in because so many companies are buying them. Just wondering the pros and cons...

wat5150
07-22-2012, 05:23 PM
I use one and I think its awesome. Love it. I run it at half throttle a lot of the time. The speed feed is sweet too. Just run the line through the head and twist it. Easy. The 5 year guarantee is pretty nice too. Great machines.

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
07-22-2012, 08:28 PM
I have two of them ...I think they are pretty good so far...I like the power they have and you don't have to run them wide open all the time....

Grass Doctor
07-22-2012, 10:38 PM
i hate it, not the trimmer but the head, wont take much line i prefer the windup one.

FentonC
07-22-2012, 10:40 PM
I also have an echo trimmer with the speed feed trimmer head. I am very pleased with it so far. Just on a side note, remember to use 89 octane or better for the trimmer, I have heard of others having the carburetors break because they were using 87 octane. It also states to use 89 octane or better in the operators manual.

wandfsmall
07-23-2012, 12:35 AM
I love the head but have seen problems with them on heavy use such as cemetery or road crews. For some reason under really heavy use they do not seem to hold up as well as I would like to see.

lawnguy11
07-23-2012, 01:40 AM
I think im gonna pick a few up ive talked with several people and they all say they are great..

jymie
07-23-2012, 08:25 AM
I am using the speed feed this year, you cant beat the quickness to reload the line, mine is the high capacity model, I loaded 25 feet of line into it yesterday. Took a minute to load it. You feed the line through the head, make sure you have equal lengths then turn the head and in a minute its loaded. Before I would watch my guy take at least 5 minutes with the old head. Time is money, and with the extra room, they don't run out as often. Also to note, if by chance the line breaks off inside the head, its very easy to remove the top to clear the line.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
07-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Glad there is a post on this! Ok so I went to buy two new trimmers today and all they carry now are these speed feed your talking about. I like to have all the same stuff and my current trimmer is the older trimmer head . I didn't take the time to learn the new head cuz I was just going to go online and find the older style....can someone give me a run down of how these new ones work!!? From the looks of it though they looked pretty chinsy and a hassle! Thanks in advance.

wat5150
07-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Super easy. Just line up the holes. Inside holes and out side. Cut about 10 feet of line or more if you have larger capacity spool. The just hold on to the bottom of spool and crank the top part. If you have trouble aligning the holes for the line you can pop off the bottom of the head really easy.

Grass Doctor
07-23-2012, 06:04 PM
bad *** trimmer

http://www.gopherforum.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=568

****ty head

http://www.gopherforum.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=569

wat5150
07-23-2012, 06:15 PM
I dont have a problem with the head. Has held up well for me.

branchoutshrub
07-23-2012, 09:20 PM
I heard that they work pretty good. It's worth a try.

ringahding1
08-02-2012, 06:20 AM
i hate it, not the trimmer but the head, wont take much line i prefer the windup one.

Love it....the engine has been experiencing over-heating...not surprising since it has been humid and hot the past couple months...otherwise I like the speed head...cargo shorts are great for an extra spool of whip

LawnBoy0311
08-02-2012, 06:31 AM
I just got one and used it for the 3rd time. Love it so far. I've used the brand many times before, but the speed feed is insane. It doesn't take long to reload at all.

willshome
08-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I just got the srm-225 as a return to home depot for $110 looks like used once runs great (new $220)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/feWfQHF-150" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wat5150
08-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Like I said before, I think the speed feed is awesome. Super easy and quick. 5 year warranty too.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
08-04-2012, 11:14 PM
I was against it at first...being that I'm a believer in if it's not broke don't fix it , and the fact that companies are using way too much engineering which results in more sh*t that can break, but I do like it..a lot! It's quick, easy , and I don't have to stare down my guy while he's re stringing the head wondering what's taking so long. I've also noticed that with this new head, the heads surface that travels against the ground is bigger, unlike the old head...doesn't let the trimmer dive and tilt out as much giving you a better cut.