PDA

View Full Version : 52" scag hydro question.

christopher_wood12
07-18-2012, 08:53 PM
So I have came across a used 52" scag hydro with engine troubles. I'd like to work on it because I feel like I'm getting a good deal. $100 bucks! He thinks the magneto is the issue. Anyone have a similar problem and if so how easy/hard was it to fix?
It has the 19hp kawasaki engine.
Thanks
Chris

Lopes Lawn Care
07-19-2012, 06:10 AM
F**k it, for a $100 if you can't fix the problem you can always sell it for parts. Shouldn't be a hard fix if your mechanically inclined but be wary that this isn't the only problem with the engine. Gotta be some reason he's getting rid of it for so cheap.

wandfsmall
07-19-2012, 08:42 AM
So I have came across a used 52" scag hydro with engine troubles. I'd like to work on it because I feel like I'm getting a good deal. $100 bucks! He thinks the magneto is the issue. Anyone have a similar problem and if so how easy/hard was it to fix?
It has the 19hp kawasaki engine.
Thanks
Chris

First off I agree that you will likely find more problems then a coil at that price. The magneto take all of maybe 20 min to change out if you do not know what your doing, so any guy with a brain would fix that before selling it if that was the only problem.