PDA

View Full Version : Creepy

CHEESE2009
07-18-2012, 06:55 PM
There is this guy I've mentioned before, a neighbor of a few of my clients.

Anyway, apparently he goes through lawn companies every few months. He's never satisfied, bla bla.

He stopped me once while working, and I told him we were booked, and that if we had any openings I would come to him. :rolleyes:

1. His lawn his crap, and my current clients lawns on this street aren't that great either.

2. I don't want his lawn, it's stupid. STUPID.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/streetlayout.png

Anyway, so he is apparently annoying my clients, by constantly asking them what I charge them. My clients refuse to give away my prices. He keeps nagging them apparently, like more often lately.

So anyway, the guy calls me the other day, and this is basically the conversation:

Guy: I want a quote for your lawn service, but I don't need it yet, I have a guy doing it already, and there is no grass to cut. Can you give me a request for my hedges?

Me: When I have the time, I will have someone come by for you.

-

During the same day, he called back three times, with nothing new to say.

After that, I started ignoring his calls - yet he continued to call 3 times per day for the past couple of days.

-

TODAY he called me 4 times in the morning, and 3 times in the afternoon WITHOUT leaving a message. Anyway, I went to cut my clients lawns on his street, he didn't come outside (but he was home).

I did my work and left. Suddenly he calls me 4 MORE times in the evening, and he finally left a message. "Can you give me a quote for the grass and hedges".

I decide that he's starting to really aggravate me, so I'm actually going to ignore him on purpose now - but guess what happens! ...

He gets one of my clients to call me to get my attention... I'm not stupid enough to answer the phone, and my client only let it ring twice, so I'm sure she didn't want to bother me. My clients hate this man.

-

ANYWAY, thought I'd share. I find this kind of amusing, lets see how frustrated I can make this guy before I send him a contract for $1000/month.

Imagine if I took this guy though, like gave him a chance? He'd be calling me every day, it's scary!

I was very close to giving him an estimate today, but I was too annoyed. I think I will give him one later (when the world is asleep)...

He's one of those guys who will call you 1000 times in the same minute, without leaving a message. By the time he did leave a message, it was too late for me to give a crap.

- ################

HE'S CALLING AGAIN, RIGHT NOW!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

CHEESE2009
07-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Hes probably knocking at your door right now with a bottle of wine and a tube of KY.:D

Perfect timing, I ordered Chinese food!

He called twice again...

Anyone have any CREATIVE suggestions? Giving him what he wants... he doesn't deserve it. lol

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Just give him a price that he will never accept. If its a $30 lawn tell him $90 plus $3.99 for every call.

Godslapper
07-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Dude, just tell em it's $100 bucks a week and that's a deal compared to what you charge the other people.

willshome
07-18-2012, 08:48 PM
just tell him you charge $95 for a quote

jonathan thomas
07-18-2012, 09:19 PM
laughing my butt off this is to funny

bruces
07-18-2012, 09:49 PM
have you tried the good old two letter word ....NO ? you might need to include a kick in the junk if it doesnt sink in the first time .

Grass Doctor
07-18-2012, 11:10 PM
send him this video

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XTs_TZFjbJ8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

willshome
07-19-2012, 06:13 AM
send him this video

What if he likes it, then what?

sunsetlandscaping
07-19-2012, 07:06 AM
"Want cha come on over and knock on my door boy and blow my gutters" Just kidding.

CHEESE2009
07-19-2012, 08:15 AM
I did a bit of Google searching and came up with this, it's so funny:

Every client is different. While one client may be content to hand a matter over and trust you to report back to them when something significant occurs, another client facing the same legal situation may require constant reassurance – especially if nothing is happening.

Constant client calls can occur if the client feels that the time between communications is too long, because they are emotional and need some hand-holding or a sympathetic ear, because the client is so stressed that they can’t retain information, or because they just don’t understand you, but are afraid to admit it.

lol
Last but not least is the chatty patty. This is the client you dodge calls from for two days praying to God they will just send you an email. On the third day after ignoring at least five calls, you finally pick up the phone with a sense of impending doom. They proceed to tell you without drawing a breath everything that has happened between the time you spoke last and now. You sit on the phone while beating your head against your desk, because you know at some point in the conversation they will get to the point. Just as you are about to lose all will to live, they finally say, “The reason I called is”. Never in the history of the English language have any five words been sweeter. I like to call this the torture call, and if I could charge for it, it would go for double our normal hourly rate.

brian'slawncare
07-19-2012, 12:12 PM
give him an insane price....like $100/cut.

Is it worth it to put up with him if he ends up taking the offer and you end up making a lot off it?

Or cut his lawn once and do a terrible job, he won't call you anymore :D

Steve
07-19-2012, 12:37 PM
I think you should give him some sort of consolation prize after you tell him no. Maybe give him a breeze tshirt with your picture on it? :)

On the back it could read 'I called Scott for lawn care and all he gave me was this lousy shirt.' LOL

Maybe have it sorta like this one :D

http://rlv.zcache.com/i_went_to_college_and_all_i_got_was_this_lousy_shi rt-p235311322768788118q5y0_325.jpg

CHEESE2009
07-19-2012, 02:17 PM
We're going to put some earth down for my client on the same street.

I'm expecting him to come out and nag me, I'm terribly excited!

I expect this conversation to happen

Guy: I called you, why didn't you answer?!

Me: I really had nothing new to say to you. You can't ask for a service mid season and expect us to drop everything we're doing right away.

Guy: Can I have a quote for lawn maintenance?

Me: As I said, our route is tight. I'll give you a quote, but that's all I can do for you this season.

Guy: Why can't you just cut it, you're already here?!

Me: That's not the way things work with us.

Guy: So how do things work with you?

Me: Anyway, that's your quote. I have to get back to work. :)

This is where I give him my card with a quote of $103.47, and then he will complain. So I will say, "That's my price".

Then he'll say, "What are THEY paying?" as he looks over to his neighbors who are my clients.

I'll say, "They all pay what they need to for me to show up". :)

Then he'll throw a fit (I can see it now). I'm excited... I wish I could film this, but there's no way to do so.... damn...

-

I just got a call from a PRIVATE NUMBER. Gee, I wonder who it is?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHHAHHHhAH

AHAHAHHA!!!

What a loser.

-

UPDATE: It wasn't him, it was that real estate agent / prickface who called... he left a message.

Private number eh? What a little twerp.

Steve
07-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Maybe you should get a new number and make it unlisted :) LOL

LawnBoy0311
07-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Hey Cheese...can you do me 1 HUGE favor? Tell the d**sche stalker "Nice set of wheels" for me?!

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-20-2012, 08:42 PM
I think this guy sent his secret weapon after you. When you go to meet up with her youll find this prick asking for a quote.

Hedgemaster
07-20-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm waiting for the day when he texts you pics of his twig and berries.

:eek:

CHEESE2009
07-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Here you go guys!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EgJJWDblhI0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-22-2012, 02:11 PM
24 times haha... I told you tell him $4 a call. You would be doing good right now.

branchoutshrub
07-22-2012, 05:18 PM
I would give him a very high price and that will take care of it. We have kind of had the same issue in shrub trimming, but not nearly as bad.

Grass Doctor
07-22-2012, 10:01 PM
he wants u to screw him, dont u get it

Grass Doctor
07-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Here you go guys!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EgJJWDblhI0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You told me, I see the rise
But, it always falls
I see them come, I see them go
He said, "All things pass into the night"
And I said, "Oh no sir I must say you're wrong
I must disagree, oh no sir, I must say you're wrong"
Won't you listen to me

You told me, I've seen it all before
I been there, I've seen my hopes and dreams
Lying on the ground

I've seen the sky just begin to fall
And I say, "Oh no sir, I must say you're wrong
Won't you listen to me

[2x]
Good-bye horses, I'm flying over you
Good-bye horses, I'm flying, flying, flying over you

Ooooooooooooooo
Ooooooooooooooo:D:D:D:D

CHEESE2009
07-23-2012, 09:38 AM
LMAO. I like that song, but now...

I can just picture the guy making out with a photo of me or something while waiting for my call. lmfaooooooo

You told me, I see the rise
But, it always falls
I see them come, I see them go
And I said, "Oh no sir I must say you're wrong
Won't you listen to me

You told me, I've seen it all before
I been there, I've seen my hopes and dreams
Lying on the ground

I've seen the sky just begin to fall
And I say, "Oh no sir, I must say you're wrong
Won't you listen to me

[2x]
Good-bye horses, I'm flying, flying, flying over you

Ooooooooooooooo
Ooooooooooooooo:D:D:D:D

Hedgemaster
07-23-2012, 07:10 PM
You know, most times if you aren't the first person to call someone back, you lose out on the job - they just go with someone else.

The fact that this nut calls you as much as he does, even after you ignore his calls - is crazy.

CHEESE2009
07-23-2012, 07:18 PM
You know, most times if you aren't the first person to call someone back, you lose out on the job - they just go with someone else.

The fact that this nut calls you as much as he does, even after you ignore his calls - is crazy.

Maybe he's my fan club leader. Where they get together, and trade things I've touched, the hair off my head, cigarettes I've littered.

LOL creeping myself out. Doesn't help that I keep replaying that song.