PDA

View Full Version : In the making

erniepopcorn
07-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Hey guys and gals, I'v been registerd on this forum a few years back and decided to return. I dont have a company as of right now but will get one going when I move back to florida currently in virginia. Right now I am stewing on ideas for company name, slogan, and pricing which I know you guys have heard before but will need help on that topic. Basicaly I want to get back into this feild because I dont feel the passion in what I do anymore 6 years in a warehouse and 1 year as a supervisor you start to miss the outdoors and working outside and yes even in the heat. Really getting that urge to start flingin' some grass (again).

Steve
07-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Welcome back!

How about 'back to basics lawn care ' :)

erniepopcorn
07-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Well that sounds catchy and I like, The things I had on mind were along the lines of family man lawn sevice or family tradition lawn service, with a slogan like from my family to yours, our family is here for you, be part of a our family tradition. One other thing that wieghs in on my mind is that I'm not too expierenced but I know enough I'm just worried that a customer will challenge my knowledge and make me look stupid. I wounder what are some of other members responses are on this matter.

Steve
07-18-2012, 02:29 PM
I think that is a great name and concept.

I wouldn't worry too much about someone challenging your knowledge. If you don't know something, just say you don't know but you will get back to them on the question at hand. Then go home and research it. No one knows everything and chances are, the vast majority of your customers won't question you about anything. They just want their lawn cut.

erniepopcorn
07-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Makes sense and as usual you always give good advice and tips and it's very much appreciated.

Steve
07-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Keep us posted on how things go as you grow!