PDA

View Full Version : How Much Do You Charge For Edging?

nickeckes
07-14-2012, 03:25 PM
looking to buy an Edger for sidewalks and driveways ect. ive been having a bunch of clients ask for edging and i do not offer that. . wondering how much you guys charge for that service and how much work is involved. . .

cutting lawns and other small project have been keeping me busy. . so i never thought about adding edging till 3 dif. people asked me in one week. .

thanks

wat5150
07-14-2012, 05:33 PM
It depends on the job really. Dont forget to cover the cost of any mulch, etc. It basically breaks down to how many hours. Is it just you or do you have help? There are some differnt things to consider. I just did an edge, mulch and weed for some border gardens. Charged $450 for that. About 3 weeks ago I did another one that was $655. Depends on how much area you have to edge, etc.

Grass Doctor
07-14-2012, 05:59 PM
how much u charge for mowing

brian'slawncare
07-14-2012, 06:51 PM
when you say "lawn edging" what do you mean?

Like Sidewalk edging? **This is typically done with every mow or as needed

http://saintcloudlawncare.com/images/lawnedge_image1.png

Or bed edging? **This is typically done annually before you mulch

http://www.turfco.com/webres/catalog/7_4_edge-r-rite-detail-ii-2.jpg

Hedgemaster
07-14-2012, 08:44 PM
looking to buy an Edger for sidewalks and driveways ect. ive been having a bunch of clients ask for edging and i do not offer that. . wondering how much you guys charge for that service and how much work is involved. . .

cutting lawns and other small project have been keeping me busy. . so i never thought about adding edging till 3 dif. people asked me in one week. .

thanks

I can't really help with pricing because almost none of my jobs require edging. I have done a few with the edger though and maintain them with the string trimmer.
On severely overgrown (out 2-3" onto the walk) edges, I will charge a small fee for the first edge, then include it with the mowing after that.

Godslapper
07-14-2012, 09:56 PM
I try not to put to much thought into it. If it looks like about an hours worth of work I'll say 75 bucks. Or 60 if I do it while I'm mowing your lawn.

sunsetlandscaping
07-15-2012, 08:33 PM
I try not to put to much thought into it. If it looks like about an hours worth of work I'll say 75 bucks. Or 60 if I do it while I'm mowing your lawn.

I am thinking about getting rid of my edger all together, it's just sitting there in the barn. I am not really good at edging anyway. Thinking about just getting a stick edger and not worry about any replacing blades or hitting sidewalk or none of that stuff.

branchoutshrub
07-22-2012, 03:11 PM
We use a power edger for sidewalks and driveways. We try to charge around $50 for a short stretch of sidewalk and a "normal" size driveway. We've had great success with this. Neighbors come out ask us about doing their property.

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
07-22-2012, 08:31 PM
You can use your trimmer sideways and you don't even need an edger then, looks just as good after you get the hang of it...:)

bennyhill18201
08-14-2012, 03:29 AM
For most of the customers I have they only have small sidewalks so I don't charge for the edging cause it takes only a min. or two for the lawns that I have plus it make a world of diff.to the customer and other people that see the lawn. But if it were to be a longer job then charge for an hrs worth add the cost of what a new blade would be and the gas ( to me ) $30 an hrs is a fair price.

xandrew245x
08-14-2012, 08:09 AM
I edge the sidewalks for free, but if they want the driveway done I charge extra.

Von Bobbeh
08-17-2012, 01:31 PM
You can use your trimmer sideways and you don't even need an edger then, looks just as good after you get the hang of it...:)

^This is the truth!

I include edging in either the customers initial mow cost, or it's free. whether I remember my little man power edger or just use my trimmer the edging is always done, simple quality standard for me.

However, if it's being done for free, I'll maintain the "higher traffic" areas more readily. :rolleyes:

stevef1201
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Unless that is the job- I include it in the time it takes to service a yard. Remember you are selling a look to the yard, not a mowing. If you want your look to be professional, and one that other people will want-do it. If you a fly by nighter, then dont. I charge more than anyone else locally for my yard service, I mow, Trim with a string trimmer, and edge, concrete sufaces, paved drives even the road edge. Why THAT IS GIVES THE YARD THE LOOK THAT PEOPLE WANT!!!!!!!!!!! Do the job right or stay in your momma's basement

op25ttfd
08-17-2012, 04:41 PM
I love my stick edger. I have customers who are paticular about their edging and do not want me to do it with the weed eater even though I am great with it but if thats what the customer wants.:p