PDA

View Full Version : Can't park a trailer on your own property?

Steve
11-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Is your town trying to clamp down on trailers parked on private property?

I think a town might want to put a limit on how many vehicles or trailers can be parked on a property but shouldn't tell you that you can't park a trailer on your property.

What's your take on this?

Mine Hill delays action on landscaping (http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071103/COMMUNITIES29/711030344/1203/NEWS01) - Under the proposed ordinance, construction, utility, equipment and landscaping trailers that are used in business would not be allowed to be parked or stored on private property in any residential district. Also, trailers that are not used in business but are longer than 12 feet or have two axles also would be covered by the law.

Mayor Richard Leary said the proposal was intended to clamp down on homeowners who are operating landscaping and related businesses out of their homes and are using their yards and driveways to store their trailers and equipment.

pnplawn
11-03-2007, 10:41 PM
YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They made me move all my trucks out of town. They said there commercial trucks can not be park in my driveway. That is BS if you ask me.

Rodman

Steve
11-03-2007, 10:59 PM
I think it is messed up because it inhibits the growth of businesses.

We really should be promoters of business.

11-12-2007, 10:21 PM
If it wasnt in the town zoning code and then they made a new code you would be grandfathered in. If there is no zoning code stating the amount of registered vehicles allowed then they cant tell you that you cant have X amount of trucks. I ran into this and challenged them, I dont conduct buisness at my home , no manufacturing , no customers. I simple have vehicles. Their is no difference between a camper trailer and a landscaping trailer as far as Im concerned. They certainly cant tell someone else that has a camper, a boat, a atv or snowmobile trailer that they cant so why me? They havent bothered me in over 3 years now.

Steve
11-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi Humble1,

Welcome and thank you for joining our forum.

Quote[/b] ]I ran into this and challenged them
Can you tell us a little about what you did to challenge this? Did it require you to hire an attorney? Looking back at the process, what would your advice be to other lawn care business owners who find themselves in this same situation.