PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Hole Wyoming

Grass2Cash
07-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Hi Steve and All...

Many of you know me as the Cowboy hat wearing, past Board Member of the old PLCAA. I was actually on the Board when PLCAA & ALCA merged into PLANET. I earned a B.S. Degree in Forest Management from Colorado State University in the area of Wilderness Management & Forest Pathology. I may chime in from time to time on tree disease issues.

I'm from Jackson Hole Wyoming and a 35 year veteran of the Green Industry. I still run my PHC company in Worland and Jackson of 28 years but have launched another enterprise I believe, will become the culmination of my career in PHC, Farm & Ranch.

I have a patent pending on a new device called the BioPac'r (http://biopacr.com). It converts grass clippings into thousands of dollars of savings and/or a new revenue stream for you and it's not Composting.

I look forward to everyone's questions and suggestions on how we can improve our product. I love the Green Industry because all of us folks are Outside the Box thinkers and willing to encourage others, rather than diminish the motives of risk takers. I believe my new concept will cause us all to witness a "paradigm shift"!

I look forward to interacting with as many of you as I have time for.

Steve
07-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Hi Todd,

Welcome to our forum!

You should consider getting your product into the hands of some of the more prolific contributors on the forum. That could help build word of mouth about it.

How did you like being involved with those different organizations? Do you feel newer lawn care businesses should join up with them and what kind of benefits do you feel they will get out of it. Or is it something they should wait to join until they have been around for a while?

Grass2Cash
07-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Back in the days of the old PLCAA (Professional Lawn Care Association of America), it was only about the lawns and for me .... those were the good old days. Did you know that the PLCAA was the only professional association to have a permanent marker erected in Arlington National Cemetery for all their past volunteer work?

Todd

Steve
07-13-2012, 11:35 AM
No I didn't know that! Very interesting!

Do you have any before and after pictures of how your product is used? That might help explain it more. Also, how did you come up with the idea to make it?

B-2 Lawncare
07-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Hay hello from Buffalo WY. I mulch all year but pull a vac in the fall to pick up leaves will this work for leaves?

Grass2Cash
07-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Steve,
In November of 1984 back in Nebraska, I mowed lawns for one season. I bagged the grass in plastic bags and then stockpiled all the bags in what would become a very smart and orderly arrangement on my farm that would later lead to the invention of the BioPac'r.

At the end of the season I hired a dump truck to haul all grass clippings away to my local landfill. Bags where stacked upon bags 6 feet high and 30 feet deep. The bagged grass clippings reeked. Interestingly enough, when we dug down to a particular layer, the grass smelled like candy, a sweet smell emerged from these bags. At the time, I had three cows looking over the fence at me in loneliness because by this point the grass pastures around my place were all dried up. What the heck, I broke open one of the candy bags and tossed it over the fence and it was eaten up in 60 seconds! I had a light bulb moment:). I figured if I could feed these bag clippings to the herd, I wouldn't have to pay a dump fee or the truck driver; I began unloading the truck and we proceeded down the fence line until there was a line of steaming and smelly clippings. I also noticed the bottom layers were real slimy, watery and smelled putrid. By the next morning there were 30 head laying around the clippings, some of the cows were laying in the old clippings, but much of the line of decomposing clipping were not eaten! I discovered that the candy clippings that smelled the best were the only ones touched. Over the next week, the real bad stuff just stayed there and the cows headed back out to "greener pastures". I stopped mowing that season and never thought about it again until recently.

My company began mowing again a few years ago and I hated paying $90/ton to throw the grass clippings away. My neighboring lawn mowing company had a 10' tall pile of rotting, composting lawn clippings that every day I had to smell when the wind blew north; it got me to thinking about my early career in mowing. Over a period of 24 months of testing, I discovered a "Proprietary Secret" for which the BioPac'r is Patented for, by reproducing the candy smelling "Tummy Yummies" of that late November day in Nebraska.

The BioPac'r can compact and process 1600 pounds of clippings at a time if the purchaser buys the optional silage attachment. Otherwise, the user can upload the entire compressed loaf in 60 seconds saving hundreds of hours of labor each season compared to unloading a pickup or trailer by hand. BioPac-r.com (http://BioPacr.com) has a calculator with a formula for discovering the financial benefits of using this device.

Thanks for asking Steve, this was the first time I ever documented the story.

Grass2Cash
07-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey Buffalo Wyoming, greetings from the western part of the state!

So far we have compacted leaves, fresh grass clippings, old moldy clippings very small twigs and 3000 bear cans for a recycling guy! Next weekend we will smash watermelons and other expired fruit, some old TV sets and whatever else that will fit into it. I'll put the videos on YouTube..check them out.

Do you know the folks that own Preuit Ag Services, LLC (Nutri-Lix) over in Buffalo ?

Take a trip to Jackson Hole this summer and see a unit for yourself. Anyone on this forum for that matter..just give me a heads up.. Info@biopac-r.com

Todd

Steve
07-16-2012, 12:12 PM
That is a great story! As they say, necessity is the mother of invention!