PDA

View Full Version : the worst 3 days ever

jonathan thomas
07-11-2012, 07:14 PM
where do i start monday my mower that i use every day broke thats in the shop with a 1000.00 dollar repair bill.
then as im pulling my trailer i hit the brakes in my truck and blew out the rear brakes and brake fluid went every where.
so now i have to use my wifes truck unable to pull my 24 foot trailer i hook up to my older 14 foot trailer and as im loading up my mower the rear hinge breaks off. so now i have to put a jack stand under the ramp to load and unload.
so i finally get to the first yard to mow get 60% done and my deck belt breaks so i call every store for 100 miles and no one has one.
now that i have a broken truck,trailer,2 mowers i have to rent a ztr and omg it would be cheaper just to buy a new one.

CHEESE2009
07-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Things tend to break on Mondays. Not sure why that is.

:(

Hedgemaster
07-11-2012, 07:50 PM
You need backups for your backups and backups for those TOO!

Sucks. Hope things turn around soon.

I'm starting to look into getting another mower for this reason. I do have a backup now, but I don't know that I want to rely on it when it's go-time.

wat5150
07-11-2012, 07:53 PM
That sux. I blew a deck belt off mine on Monday. Had to pack up and go home. It was pretty easy fix once I was able to get the belt. Cost me a few hours. Not as bad as your situation tho. Sorry to hear that.

CHEESE2009
07-11-2012, 11:06 PM
When I use backup equipment, I am nothing but stressed lol... I feel like there is a bomb strapped to my equipment, one wrong move and BOOM - completely f'd!

Steve
07-12-2012, 02:51 PM
I am sorry about that.

What happened to the mower? Did you find out?

thom
07-13-2012, 06:29 AM
where do i start monday my mower that i use every day broke thats in the shop with a 1000.00 dollar repair bill.
then as im pulling my trailer i hit the brakes in my truck and blew out the rear brakes and brake fluid went every where.
so now i have to use my wifes truck unable to pull my 24 foot trailer i hook up to my older 14 foot trailer and as im loading up my mower the rear hinge breaks off. so now i have to put a jack stand under the ramp to load and unload.
so i finally get to the first yard to mow get 60% done and my deck belt breaks so i call every store for 100 miles and no one has one.
now that i have a broken truck,trailer,2 mowers i have to rent a ztr and omg it would be cheaper just to buy a new one.

Trouble always comes in sets of 3's.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
07-15-2012, 08:18 AM
How is it goin Mr. Thomas? Hope it's gettin Better for you

jonathan thomas
07-18-2012, 09:12 PM
ok my mower is still in the shop hope to have it by friday...
i had a hrdro pump go out and a bearing..
i found a new belt for my back up and its still been going good ive put about 42 hours on it (crossing fingers till friday comes)
i got my truck fixed need both rear wheel cylinders/shoes/and drums
weeks like this make me want to go work for someone else..
i was talking to my wife about everything that is going on and i said see
how in the heck are people going around cutting peoples yards for 15 or even 20 dollars when everything we use cost so much money. well hopefully i quit breaking stuff for alittle while thank goodness we had alittle money saved or i would of had to close my doors..

Johnny_boy02
07-18-2012, 10:00 PM
weeks like this make me want to go work for someone else..

I am 2 weeks in to a new job in a completely different field. It has been wonderful. While I still have the stress of management I dont have to sweat anything else. And I now work 5 minutes from my house. I loved running my own business, but I am pretty happy now.

was talking to my wife about everything that is going on and i said see
how in the heck are people going around cutting peoples yards for 15 or even 20 dollars when everything we use cost so much money. well hopefully i quit breaking stuff for alittle while thank goodness we had alittle money saved or i would of had to close my doors..

They dont pay taxes, dont have insurance and steal equipment from honest companies. Thankfully for you and others gas have gone down a bit, that was my largest expense last year.

Good luck, hopefully the rest of the week goes well.