PDA

View Full Version : Nature's Lawn products & your website/advertising of using them

The Tattooed Gardener
07-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I was curious how you guys that go the natural route with Nature's Magic (or similar product?) advertise it. Do you point them to their website (which I would think could risk them just buying it from them & doing it themselves?), did you copy & paste some of their info onto your website, do you come up with your own description & never mention the product you use? Just curious how you guys promote that you use the natural products. thanks!!

Steve
07-09-2012, 11:10 AM
I would think an easy and simple way to do it would be to show some before and after pictures of what your organic spray services can do. Maybe you can use some of their marketing information.

Do you have customers already using this service? Can you get some pictures of their property to help sell it further to others?

I don't think anyone would really care who manufactures it so the brand wouldn't be as important as the outcome.

The Tattooed Gardener
07-09-2012, 02:39 PM
I tend to agree. I didn't know if it'd be considered bad business to not list my "sources" by name, but then again, I suppose I don't publish the name of my chemical brands either. And I suppose the companies don't care as long as you're buying their products LOL.

I'm not offering the natural stuff just yet. I've spent the last several months mulling it over, & mainly via reading this forum & deciding these products seem to be the real deal, spent the last month researching the heck out of it. I'm very environmentally conscious, & in my ideal world I'd be able to go 100% all natural eventually (may be forced to sooner rather than later by the govt anyway).

Thanks for the advice!

dpld
07-09-2012, 04:18 PM
i think their products are good but they are very exspensive and i generally being the cheap azz that i am find out what the ingredients are and purchase the components individually and make my own ****tails.

by doing so i get a longer shelf life by keeping the ingredients seperate as well as i save a good deal of money which in turn leads to more profit.

as i said their products are great and they work as they claim but after you buy the product and then try to sell it most customers although they love the natural approach they don't want the added cost.

unfortunately if it has the natural or eco freindly label it generally cost more money to buy and in some cases it does cost more to make but most of the time it is cheaper because it does not need epa approval and there are a lot of costs associated and bi-passed by manufacturing epa exempt products.

i must end with it is easy for me because i have exstensive training and education in plant health care and anotomy of trees, shrubs, lawns and insects and diseases so it might be a little more trouble for a guy starting out or someone with not as much experience so you need to take what i say with a grain of salt because the way i do it is not easily done without the proper knowledge as well as the right facillity to do it in.

on the scale that i do it you are not gonna be able to replicate it out of your gargage or back yard.

as far as advertising goes we do promote the natural organic approach and we do list the products we use and in my state it is law that every customer receive a chemical products list that gives a description of the products trade and generic name as well as its toxicity levels and what it is used for.
basicly every product label we use is converted into a booklet form so the customer can look at their plant healthcare report that they get on each visit and use the chemical codes in conjunction with the booklet we supply to determine what exactly was used on their property.

when we did nothing but homeowners it saved us a lot of greif from the customers that were chemo-phobes but since we have been doing nothing but commercial properties for the last dozen years we rarely have any inquiries about the products we use even though we supply the same information and paperwork as we did with our homeowners.

hope my long dragged out post is helpfull.:)

willshome
07-09-2012, 04:25 PM
when I talk to customers about it I just say with the non natural way you have to have warning flags on your lawn for 24 hours and after that it is "safe" but if you read the bag it says slow release over 30 days. Well witch one is it slow release or safe and gone in 24hrs.