PDA

View Full Version : Making money with lawn signs?

Steve
11-08-2007, 05:36 AM
What do you think of this business concept? You put together this sign display and charge $69 for a 24 to 48 hour display of the signs?

This is a concept I think many lawn care business owners could experiment as an add on service and really get attention.

Check out this businesses website. They might give you more ideas.

http://www.signsbytheyard.com/

Steve
11-08-2007, 05:36 AM
Here is another.

FourSeasons
11-08-2007, 10:25 AM
I saw this somewhere where they were advertising for people to do it.
I can't remember where I saw it, I think on craigslist.
I didn't think people would really buy into this.
Maybe it will start getting popular.

Steve
11-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Would this be something you would consider adding as an additional service? Do you think it would be worth it?

pmblair
11-08-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't know if it would or not... I mean, it's a great idea, but how much would you have to charge to profit from this venture? Would it be worth investing the money initially? ...or maybe this is something you could make yourself... How about a nameless sign with hooks... you make the person's name as it's needed... then you add it to a box when you're done with it for the NEXT time that name is needed. Maybe not have to have all the small signs, but maybe just a couple that you could make from plywood and paint?

Just some thoughts.

FourSeasons
11-08-2007, 12:05 PM
From what i remember reading about it you are suppose to purchase some kind of package from them and then go out and start trying to get customers. That sounds real vague but it was a few months ago.

Thats not something I would consider adding. It might get popular though, but I'm not really interested. I don't really have time for extras like that.

Steve
11-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Well I was thinking, you could make the signs yourself or possibly have Tony from AMW-Graphics.com print out a bunch of them and you would be ready to roll.

What I like about it is that it's a service that would be sold to your current potential client base. A homeowner with a lawn. It would stand out! I never see these things. How long could it take to stop by and drop these off if they are within your service area? 30 minutes? Now could you also put a little ad in it somewhere that says to order these signs, contact your lawn company?

Would this then create buzz that would help your lawn care business grow?

Could you then use this as a foot in the door to sell other services?

Could this be something even a spouse could help run?

FourSeasons
11-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Oh yeah to just drop them off is good.
From what I read about them you go and set them up to though.

Steve
11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Well I guess ultimately if this was a service you were offering, you could do it anyway that worked best for you.

Have you ever seen anyone else in your area do this?