PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for money

wat5150
07-07-2012, 09:28 PM
I have too many clients that are slack in paying their bills. Nothing annoys me more than waiting for multiple weeks sometimes after an invoice is sent. i only give a 7 day net for return payment. It just sucks sometimes. Its like, Oh the lawn guys bill came, oh well just throw that over there in that pile and Ill get to it when I can. Im not a priority to them. I was about to stop service on one guy when he called up and dropped me because he bought his own mower. If you dont want to pay then buy your own sh!t and do it yourself in the first place!! Now that Ive ranted about this, not all of my customers are like this. I have one guy who pays very promptly. He is the biggest pain in the *** that I have too. I do 2 houses for him. He complains about trimming all the time. He wants me to trim the invisible grass that only he sees. But at least he pays on time!

Grass Doctor
07-07-2012, 09:54 PM
thats a new one invisible grass :D lol

willshome
07-07-2012, 11:00 PM
He complains about trimming all the time.

One thing I have found helps with customers being picky is offering a basic weekly mow trim and blow for lets say "$30" or Two passes of both mowing & trimming for best results for what I call "Pro Mow" for $50.

So if they are being a pain I just remind them they are signed up for basic and could always upgrade, this always works and basic is just fine

PVMS
07-08-2012, 03:04 AM
I found that people really don't like you calling about it, so once I started consistantly calling them, they began to pay ontime, just to avoid a phone call.
Even the worst payers will at least pay you, before anybody else if they know to expect a phone call if they don't.

Simmo
07-08-2012, 04:54 AM
No dough... No mow!

Payment is made prior to me mowing (cash, direct deposit or cheque)... no if's and no butt's. Never had an issue with payment :D

Simmo.

dpld
07-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I have too many clients that are slack in paying their bills. Nothing annoys me more than waiting for multiple weeks sometimes after an invoice is sent. i only give a 7 day net for return payment. It just sucks sometimes. Its like, Oh the lawn guys bill came, oh well just throw that over there in that pile and Ill get to it when I can. Im not a priority to them. I was about to stop service on one guy when he called up and dropped me because he bought his own mower. If you dont want to pay then buy your own sh!t and do it yourself in the first place!! Now that Ive ranted about this, not all of my customers are like this. I have one guy who pays very promptly. He is the biggest pain in the *** that I have too. I do 2 houses for him. He complains about trimming all the time. He wants me to trim the invisible grass that only he sees. But at least he pays on time!

you need to ask him if his job pays him weekly, bi-weekly or monthly and then ask him what he would do if his boss did not have his paycheck on payday.

then remind him that you have to work all month at his property ( 4 weeks ) and then submit a bill and wait a additional 2,3,4 weeks to get paid which equades to payday on average of every six weeks and once again ask him if he would stay at his job if the boss took 2 to 3 weeks to pay him after the fact every time he was owed money.
i bet he would call the labor board on his boss faster then the jews left christ if it were his money but as long as it is him oweing the money, you can wait.

i would tell him that from now on his lawn will be the last to get cut and the first to get pushed back in bad weather because you have to take care of the on time paying customers first and maybe you would do a better job trimming if he did a better job paying.