PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Stolen, Tires slashed

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Some ******* stole my stihl trimmer and slashed my tires. I could get over the trimmer, I have 6 of them but the tires are newer and cost $200 a piece.

This looks like it was personal and not some crackhead looking for a few bucks. I have to call the pawn shops in the morning and shop for some new tires.

I know the theft is only covered by inmarine insurance but would the damage be covered?

Hedgemaster
07-04-2012, 09:12 PM
I can't answer your insurance question.

That sucks. A lot.

Hope it doesn't set you back too badly. The worst part is wondering if it will happen again once you replace them.
Time for some cameras.

PineHillLawn
07-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Dude, I hate a thief more than anything! Why can't pissheads learn to leave other peoples sheit alone. Sorry to hear this man. Total bummer and if you ever can catch the a-hole pros-o-cute to the fullest extent.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
07-04-2012, 10:21 PM
As if this business isn't cut throat enough already...sorry to hear dude! I hope you find Em I really do.

wandfsmall
07-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Some ******* stole my stihl trimmer and slashed my tires. I could get over the trimmer, I have 6 of them but the tires are newer and cost $200 a piece.

This looks like it was personal and not some crackhead looking for a few bucks. I have to call the pawn shops in the morning and shop for some new tires.

I know the theft is only covered by inmarine insurance but would the damage be covered?

I think inland marine only covers the stuff inside of your garage, I dont think it covers stuff on a trailer, but that could be diffrent from policy to policy. I would call your agent. As for the stolen trimmer I would call the dealership if you can find a Serial number and let them know maybe they can look out for it.

WeekendWarriorLawn
07-05-2012, 01:11 AM
time to callthe insurance company and find out.

thats why the big boys pay the big bucks to insure the big gear.

only amateurs wouldn't have insurance to cover every possible haphazard that could come along.

myblacktruck
07-05-2012, 06:38 AM
That sucks hope they catch the piece of ****

wandfsmall
07-05-2012, 07:42 AM
time to callthe insurance company and find out.

thats why the big boys pay the big bucks to insure the big gear.

only amateurs wouldn't have insurance to cover every possible haphazard that could come along.

Very few people have insurance to cover everything, I am sure you are not covered for every possible loss yourself.

willshome
07-05-2012, 09:22 AM
My insurance only covers if it is locked inside that is one reason I am looking for an enclosed trailer

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-05-2012, 11:27 AM
My GL business policy is saying vandalism would be covered under comprehensive auto and tools and equipment are only covered if its in a locked truck/trailer or job site.

The auto insurance is telling me vandalism and equipment is only covered if the vehicle is stolen. Besides that the deductible is $500 and thats where I stand if I dont have to replace all 4 tires. That doesnt sound right but I guess this is what insurance is famous for.

Still no luck on finding a matching tire. Its a 265/75/16 liberator and looks to be discontinued.

Steve
07-05-2012, 02:18 PM
I am very sorry about this!

Did this happen when your equipment was parked at home or was this on a job site?

Is there anything that can be done to prevent this from happening again?

stevef1201
07-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Dude, I hate a thief more than anything! Why can't pissheads learn to leave other peoples sheit alone. Sorry to hear this man. Total bummer and if you ever can catch the a-hole pros-o-cute to the fullest extent.

I firmly beleive that ta thief should be given a boat ride about 200 miles off shore.

see if you make it back to shore *******

willshome
07-05-2012, 05:03 PM
One thing to keep in mind is you can become "insurance poor" aka having so much insurance all your doing is working to pay that bill. you have to look at the cost of insuring and the cost of replacing. Cost of insuring broom $2, cost of broom $10 that's 20% of the cost. I would risk losing it

jrayb39667
07-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I have insurance on as much of my equipment as can be insured. I have coverage on my open trailer and both of my ZTR's. The insurance company wouldn't insure any of my trimmers, blower or hedge trimmers. I hope you find out who did this to you. Have you stepped on any other LCO's turf lately?

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-05-2012, 09:24 PM
I am very sorry about this!

Did this happen when your equipment was parked at home or was this on a job site?

Is there anything that can be done to prevent this from happening again?
Yeah the truck was at home when this happened.

I ordered the locks already, the rack didnt come with them. I needed 1/2 hitch lock pins and the local stores had 3/8. The rack pretty much acted as a display. I had random equipment in the back of the truck for 2 years and never had anything stolen. A matter of fact they didnt take the Husqaurvana or Redmax trimmer that were next to the stihl.

Either way if your driving by a trimmer rack you would assume it was locked. The only people that would notice it wasnt would be someone walking by it or scoping it out. This makes me suspect some random person less.

The pawn shops said that model is the most popular trimmer they see and they would look out for it but if it was stolen by another landscaper it will never show up. I was hoping someone did try this as I could get them for the theft and vandalism. Other then that I'm going to go out patrolling my area like its my gang turf.
I have insurance on as much of my equipment as can be insured. I have coverage on my open trailer and both of my ZTR's. The insurance company wouldn't insure any of my trimmers, blower or hedge trimmers. I hope you find out who did this to you. Have you stepped on any other LCO's turf lately?
Nope, I been doing my regulars lately. The condos I live in just had 6-8 overgrown bushes removed by a out of town company. They were here a few days before it happen. Besides that theres about 5 different landscapers that do work on my street.

LMAO!!!!!!! Good one!!!!!! I know plenty of people with some nice gear and their insurance wont cover everything. It can get expensive. Do you have insurance for everything?????????? What if your nice kitchen broom/blower got stolen???? What if someone high on meth thought that ryobi of yours was actually a professional piece of equipment and stole it??? Would that be covered????

That is so damn funny that I almost feel better.

Cashin H&P
07-05-2012, 09:51 PM
LMAO!!!!!!! Good one!!!!!! I know plenty of people with some nice gear and their insurance wont cover everything. It can get expensive. Do you have insurance for everything?????????? What if your nice kitchen broom/blower got stolen???? What if someone high on meth thought that ryobi of yours was actually a professional piece of equipment and stole it??? Would that be covered????

Wow haha a little harsh but true haha

Steve
07-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Can you get a camera up somewhere to keep an eye on things?

They really have come down in price and a lot of them are wireless which makes installation easier. Do you think that would help deter future problems?

http://usa.esaleschina.com/products/coms-20-meters-infrared-night-vision-wireless-network-camera-2145-l.jpg

This makes me suspect some random person less.

Also, the slashing of the tires seems to be an act from someone who is angry or bitter. I can't imagine a random their would slice tires too because that makes no sense.