View Full Version : yard of the month 2 time in two years

Grass Doctor
07-04-2012, 12:28 PM
http://www.gopherforum.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=533

http://www.gopherforum.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=543

:D

wat5150
07-04-2012, 01:39 PM
What qualifies this as lawn of the month?

Steve
07-04-2012, 03:40 PM
That's fantastic!

Can you tell us a little about how all that works and how the winner is chosen?

Also, can you utilize it in your marketing to attract more customers?

Grass Doctor
07-04-2012, 06:53 PM
well this is a small community here in S.A and that is my very first client house, i guess they choose it by how the yards are keep , flowering decoration and maintenance of the property, i figure they do it to set examples of how the yards should be keep in their community's its cool how a little thing like this make such a great impact in small community's this motivate people to really take pride in their yards, the first picture was in January 2010 i planted ray grass for winter people love it and ask me how to do it so i start charging for consulting the only problem i found its that the guy i toll was sharing to other guys in the community so in 2011 like 15 houses had done by the guy that i charge for consulting well in 2012 they dint know how to get rid of the ray grass and make the hot season grass come back, so that got me 3 clients in there for this year acctually 4 but i drop one, i believe they give them a 100.00 or 150.00 gift card from one of the box stores so i like it im proud of it, some thing small can make such a great impact in community.
:cool:

Grass Doctor
07-04-2012, 06:55 PM
That's fantastic!

Can you tell us a little about how all that works and how the winner is chosen?

Also, can you utilize it in your marketing to attract more customers?

i dont know steve give an idea of how can use this, as marketing to attract new customers im sure u know better than any buddy in here.

Hedgemaster
07-04-2012, 07:46 PM
I wish something like that were done in my neighborhood.
Unfortunately though, a sign that says "Mow your effing GRASS!" would be more appropriate.

I despise the fact that "the city" moved to my neighborhood. It's been a steady decline over the last 10-15 years.

Congrats on being a part of the award!

Steve
07-05-2012, 02:03 PM
The thing I was thinking of is can you take those pictures and make flyers/door hangers/brochures with them and use a headline like
"Who else wants to win yard of the month?"
or maybe
"We can help make your lawn winner of yard of the month too!"

Something like that. Then mention you have won it twice.

Grass Doctor
07-05-2012, 11:47 PM
im going to try that in the flyer design for spring next year, ill post pics of it.
thank you.

Grass Doctor
07-05-2012, 11:48 PM
I wish something like that were done in my neighborhood.
Unfortunately though, a sign that says "Mow your effing GRASS!" would be more appropriate.

I despise the fact that "the city" moved to my neighborhood. It's been a steady decline over the last 10-15 years.

Congrats on being a part of the award!

thank you hedge.

Steve
07-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Also, can you send one of those pictures and a little about it as a press release to the local newspaper? Maybe they might have a slow news day and would be looking for some community news to fill their paper. That could be a helpful way of attracting more customers as well if you get printed.

Grass Doctor
07-06-2012, 07:05 PM
ha that's a good one i would though about that :D i probably will go to one of those free papers that go around the community's

thank u very much these is a why i like to be part of ur site u can learn a new thing Avery day :cool:

Martywdx
07-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Nice jobx2!! Makes one feel good inside. It did me.One of my yards won the award several years ago.

Grass Doctor
07-07-2012, 09:02 PM
thank u marty it really does feel good :cool:

Steve
07-09-2012, 10:46 AM
It did me.One of my yards won the award several years ago.

Marty did the publicity of it help you attract more customers or did you promote that you had one in any way in your marketing?

Martywdx
07-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Marty did the publicity of it help you attract more customers or did you promote that you had one in any way in your marketing?
Truth be told, Steve, no I didn't run with it. But the lady that won did. She used the old "lady network". IE phone gabbing, card cubs and any thing old ladies do that they get together and gossip. I figure I picked up 5-7 lawns. I still get referrals via her, and she has long since moved to a retirement apartment.
Word of mouth is your best marketing

Godslapper
07-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I don't get it. What am I missing. I've been fired for less.

Godslapper
07-09-2012, 06:24 PM
The thing I was thinking of is can you take those pictures and make flyers/door hangers/brochures with them and use a headline like
"Who else wants to win yard of the month?"
or maybe
"We can help make your lawn winner of yard of the month too!"

Something like that. Then mention you have won it twice.

Hate to say it Steve, but if I used that as the lawn on any flyer around here in up state NY. I'd never get any work. Must be great to live where he does.

Grass Doctor
07-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Hate to say it Steve, but if I used that as the lawn on any flyer around here in up state NY. I'd never get any work. Must be great to live where he does.

and i will say that if i live there in up state NY i will be sitting down and a fat very fat pile of money, my friend try to do some landscape in deserts and keep grasses, real green, and healthy, for 7 months of whether temperatures over 98 to 110 degrees. whit no rain for over 40 to 57 days, last year i only had 3 clients, right now im over 30 clients all sign in too a year round contract. im just saying :cool:

i am going into my second year in business, i am very small operation(me and my truck) and i am enjoying every single job, tear, sweat, complication, failure, reward, drama, complement. etc

its finally raining here in south Texas after 20 to 27 days whit out rain ill post some pics of my the lawns after the sun hits that grass that i take care not just mow.

here is some examples of how the regular spring can start here in south texas, what will you do to kill all this weeds.

WARNING: no quimicals where use in killing this weeds.:rolleyes:

http://www.gopherforum.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=532

15 days after

http://www.gopherforum.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=545
another yard of the month, what better advertisement do i need than my work :D this will make a perfect picture flyer for that community.

Godslapper
07-10-2012, 08:08 AM
and i will say that if i live there in up state NY i will be sitting down and a fat very fat pile of money, my friend try to do some landscape in deserts and keep grasses, real green, and healthy, for 7 months of whether temperatures over 98 to 110 degrees. whit no rain for over 40 to 57 days, last year i only had 3 clients, right now im over 30 clients all sign in too a year round contract. im just saying :cool:

i am going into my second year in business, i am very small operation(me and my truck) and i am enjoying every single job, tear, sweat, complication, failure, reward, drama, complement. etc

its finally raining here in south Texas after 20 to 27 days whit out rain ill post some pics of my the lawns after the sun hits that grass that i take care not just mow.

here is some examples of how the regular spring can start here in south texas, what will you do to kill all this weeds.

WARNING: no quimicals where use in killing this weeds.:rolleyes:

http://www.gopherforum.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=532

15 days after

http://www.gopherforum.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=545
another yard of the month, what better advertisement do i need than my work :D this will make a perfect picture flyer for that community.

Hey brother, didn't realize you were in a desert. In that case nice job. You would do well here.

Steve
07-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Yea that is a fantastic before and after! Talk about a dramatic difference! Nice job! With quality like that, you are going to be super busy before you know it.

Grass Doctor
07-10-2012, 05:14 PM
thank u, thank u :D i feel like a movie star :D, this what i love of our line of work, that people can be traumatize by not knowing what to do in their yard, and we have the ability of dramatically, change those ugly places to nice living areas,

Grass Doctor
07-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Hey brother, didn't realize you were in a desert. In that case nice job. You would do well here.

no problem buddy this is why, we are members of this forum to share and to learn from each other, its hot down here in south Texas i am in the middle between zone 9a to 9b it a little rough since its a mixture of desert and tropical climate depending only in aquifers as water source.

one day i will like to mow that dark green grass that u guys have up there Kentucky blue grass if im right:cool: