PDA

View Full Version : No good deed goes unpunished!!!

pfreeman
07-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Yesterday, my wife is leaving for work around 11AM. While backing up, she drove my truck over both paws of my 8mo. chocolate lab. With the dog and wife were screaming, I remove 1 paw from the tire. I attempted to calm Buster, the dog, so my wife can pull the truck off his left paw. He bites me while freaking out. Now, I have 3 punctures and a 1" tear on my right hand. The left hand has 5 punctures and a 3/4" rear. Both hands are wrapped and I can't work and my dog has been quarranteened for 10 days because "he could have rabbis" No, he was pissed off because a truck was on him. When I get up this morning, I find that my soda exploded across the front seat of my truck because it was directly in the sunlight in my closed up cab. What a day!!!

Hedgemaster
07-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Oh crap.

Hope you will both be OK.

Steve
07-04-2012, 03:42 PM
I am sorry about all that happening!

Do you have a friend who can help you with your mowing accounts until you heal?

pfreeman
07-04-2012, 05:16 PM
with the drought, I am able to hold off mowing till Saturday. By then, hopefully, I will be able to use my hands.

While waiting at the minor emergency center to be stitched up, the admitting nurse argued with me because I couldn't sign the paperwork and they wouldn't accept my wife signing for me. Once I got in to see the doctor, he refused to stitch me up because it was a wound from a dog. "I don't stitch up bites". My nurse couldn't believe the response from the doctor. Yesterday just sucked!!!

dpld
07-04-2012, 05:42 PM
with the drought, I am able to hold off mowing till Saturday. By then, hopefully, I will be able to use my hands.

While waiting at the minor emergency center to be stitched up, the admitting nurse argued with me because I couldn't sign the paperwork and they wouldn't accept my wife signing for me. Once I got in to see the doctor, he refused to stitch me up because it was a wound from a dog. "I don't stitch up bites". My nurse couldn't believe the response from the doctor. Yesterday just sucked!!!

wow, that sucks. i hope you and the dog get better real soon and i can relate to the personal maimage because i have mangled myself nicely over the years.
the dog part never happened to me and i can only just imagine the horror.

but i did leave a unopened can of coke on the dash of my 1 month old avalanche back in 2003 on a hot day with the windows up and OMG what a freaking nightmare.
the interior was never the same up till i sold it and the guy i sold it to was like what happened to the inside?
i was amazed as to how the soda vaporized and went on everything including under the seats.

good luck man and god bless you because you sound like you need all the mojo you can get right now.

PineHillLawn
07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Jeesus man, I've had bad days before but that sounds like a sheity day. Sorry mostly about the pup. I hate to hear an animal in pain, its so much worse than a human to me. Oh yeah sorry about your hands too, lol!

Hedgemaster
07-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Speaking of hands, I'm just wondering what he's typing with...

Maybe I don't wanna know!

:eek:

CHEESE2009
07-04-2012, 11:21 PM
I just ran out to get the can of coke out of my truck...

I hope everything heals soon man! What a terrible thing to happen, but a genuine excuse to take some time off for yourself!

Other than that.... Women... not much to say about that actually.

WeekendWarriorLawn
07-05-2012, 01:14 AM
that ain't jack.

whatever, other day my rear windshield got shot out with my baby son in the backseat. facing the window.

by gods hand no harm came to him.

the dogs gonna be fine. so is the upholstery.

PineHillLawn
07-05-2012, 08:59 AM
that ain't jack.

whatever, other day my rear windshield got shot out with my baby son in the backseat. facing the window.

by gods hand no harm came to him.

the dogs gonna be fine. so is the upholstery.

Shot Out! Like with a bb gun or something?

pfreeman
07-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Mowed a large commercial property this morning. I didn't set a record for completion, but it looks good. My hand is letting me know that it is done for the day. I'll try again tomorrow.